over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drug screening because on TRT

Dine warrior

Newbies
So this is a first. Been on test from doctor for 6 years and always do blood work and office visit routinely . I was asked today to do a drug screening urine test to show I am not doing any other controlled substances . The doctor said they are being harder on prescribing controlled medications .

You should probably find a new doctor. I've never heard of standard five panel drug tests being used for someone on TRT unless there was a reason to suspect use.
It is very strange . I took the drug screening because I have nothing to hide and want the prescription refilled .

Is that something new that is being done ? First time I’ve had to do a urine test
Not exactly apples to apples but when I was on pain management and prescribed opiates I would be drug tested by the clinic to make sure I wasn’t taking any other illicit drugs. I got my medical marijuana script and then tested positive for THC - they gave me a warning and said if I want to continue pain management I can’t smoke weed - didn’t even matter that I had the script. And that was the end of my time on pain management lol. So moral of the story - anytime a doctor has you on one controlled substance there is a chance they will test for others.

But to @danieltx point just find another doc if you’re concerned. These TRT clinics are a dime a dozen. Or just do what most of us do and handle your own TRT.

Not exactly apples to apples but when I was on pain management and prescribed opiates I would be drug tested by the clinic to make sure I wasn’t taking any other illicit drugs. I got my medical marijuana script and then tested positive for THC - they gave me a warning and said if I want to continue pain management I can’t smoke weed - didn’t even matter that I had the script. And that was the end of my time on pain management lol. So moral of the story - anytime a doctor has you on one controlled substance there is a chance they will test for others.

But to @danieltx point just find another doc if you’re concerned. These TRT clinics are a dime a dozen. Or just do what most of us do and handle your own TRT.
Thanks . Yes this is my primary doctor not a clinic . I will look at changing.

This test is generally only mandated if you’re using Adderall. Even then this is a TRT clinic not a psychiatrist. Unless you get other controlled substances there it doesn’t add up.

Edit- just saw it’s your PCP. This is normal if you’re using other controlled substances.

So if you test positive for a controlled substance they will deny treatment for your medical condition? Sounds like a law suit.

I pop negative all the time for one of my meds. It’s an easy explanation to fix but the teenager in me still gets scared he’s failed a pre employment my job test or something else brutal.

So this is a first. Been on test from doctor for 6 years and always do blood work and office visit routinely . I was asked today to do a drug screening urine test to show I am not doing any other controlled substances . The doctor said they are being harder on prescribing controlled medications .
Do you got pulled for a random? Not a damn thing to worry about if you aren’t doing rec’s

Never mind. My reading comprehension was a little off

This test is generally only mandated if you’re using Adderall. Even then this is a TRT clinic not a psychiatrist. Unless you get other controlled substances there it doesn’t add up.

Edit- just saw it’s your PCP. This is normal if you’re using other controlled substances.
Yeah I missed it Thought it for employment

So if you test positive for a controlled substance they will deny treatment for your medical condition? Sounds like a law suit.
That’s what I am thinking , if I did test positive for something which I won’t what he would do not prescribe my medication anymore.

Not quite the same but years ago when I first had my health issues come about (that’s putting it mildly) I was unable to sleep for weeks after I had died and came back to life in my sleep. My body/cns system/whatever the fuck was traumatized I went weeks wide awake. It took hardcore benzos to calm my system down and have a chance at any sleep / stop the panic attacks.

The doctor was hesitant to prescribe it and made me do a drug test and sign a paper saying I can be drug tested at any time. Basically they were worried I was an addict I guess? That was for Ativan. Fortunately I haven’t needed it in years but ya I didn’t like feeling like I was being accused of being a druggie. I’m surprised they would do that with a test prescription, though. I had a doctor tell me “a lot of steroid users use meth” (LOL) so who knows man some doctors are quacks

Probably a Dr..padding his bill. If its not a problem I wouldn't make it one personally. The nurse.of the place I went to said it was common for people not even to pop for their meds. I had to go in for another test in a week though. The whole thing sounds like a Dr office scam. Like buy cheap test that fails...then give an actual test that works at twice the price.

Thanks . Yes this is my primary doctor not a clinic . I will look at changing.
No man you don’t have to change. If he is under a big hospital or medical provider then the company itself may be requiring. Even if he’s not, I wouldn’t worry about it, unless you’re taking other drugs. Just take the piss test.

No man you don’t have to change. If he is under a big hospital or medical provider then the company itself may be requiring. Even if he’s not, I wouldn’t worry about it, unless you’re taking other drugs. Just take the piss test.

I second this getting Trt through pcp is a lot more cheaper than the “Trt” clinic. If you are not doing anything recreational just piss and move on.

Probably a Dr..padding his bill. If its not a problem I wouldn't make it one personally. The nurse.of the place I went to said it was common for people not even to pop for their meds. I had to go in for another test in a week though. The whole thing sounds like a Dr office scam. Like buy cheap test that fails...then give an actual test that works at twice the price.
Doctors don’t make money off these test.

It sounds like they suspect you might piss dirty and give them a reason to cut ties with you and get you off the “list.” My doctor is under a lot of scrutiny for prescribing certain meds like most are I think.

When my Neurological testing came back normal my primary doctor gave me a list of Psychiatrists in my area two pages long but only two could prescribe what I needed. One of them never even returned my call. Lol

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BigKev6153
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws