over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Feeling SAD.. need some advice

6.8SPC

Registered
I've had 'mild' Seasonal Affective Disorder for as long as I can remember. Every year around this time I get pretty depressed, I lose appetite and desire to do anything. I have to force myself to get out of bed in the morning and make it through the day. In the past I have just suffered through it until Spring, but this year it's hitting me a lot harder than normal. It's really kicking my ass. I haven't been to the gym in two weeks, I am not eating nearly enough, and my sex life is non-existent. I don't know what's different now but this really sucks. I have been considering some treatment options but have not actually been to the doctor yet. Anyone have experience with this kind of depression and if so what treatments have been successful for you? Thank you!!!!

Dont really have the answer here bro but keep ur head up..sometimes we gotta roll with the punches..things will get better bro

RJ

For a quick thing that can help try going to the tanning bad a couple times a week. For whatever resason it alwys works for me to come out of a down time. Seriously give that a try.

For the long answer go to your Dr. Individual life is about one thing, happiness. If you are for some reason not able to live your life feeling happy and pursuing fulfillment and happiness it is time to do whatever it takes to start living life that way. There is no second act for your life, this is it right now and any time you spend doing anything other than pursuing true honest happiness and fulfillment is time that you aren't feeling all the good feelings that are there waiting for you everyday. Go to the Dr and find out if there is a physical change thats happening and is effecting you. If it's an emotional change that's effecting you spend the time learning about it and grow through it and past it.

Be strong in heart as in body and mind. Keep your head up friend. marooned

Definitely go see your doctor for advice and treatment options. There are a lot of treaments available, but you and your doctor need to find the one that works best for you. Remember, it may take some time to correct so don't give up. I'm not sure if something like this can lead to more severe depression, but you certainly don't want to wait to find out. In the mean time try to do the things that normally make you happy, and never be afraid to reach out for help. Best wishes.

For a quick thing that can help try going to the tanning bad a couple times a week. For whatever resason it alwys works for me to come out of a down time. Seriously give that a try.

For the long answer go to your Dr. Individual life is about one thing, happiness. If you are for some reason not able to live your life feeling happy and pursuing fulfillment and happiness it is time to do whatever it takes to start living life that way. There is no second act for your life, this is it right now and any time you spend doing anything other than pursuing true honest happiness and fulfillment is time that you aren't feeling all the good feelings that are there waiting for you everyday. Go to the Dr and find out if there is a physical change thats happening and is effecting you. If it's an emotional change that's effecting you spend the time learning about it and grow through it and past it.

Be strong in heart as in body and mind. Keep your head up friend. marooned
Ditto. Great advice as always marooned.

p.s. definitely try the tanning beds for a few weeks (I have to do it myself)

Definitely go see your doctor for advice and treatment options. There are a lot of treaments available, but you and your doctor need to find the one that works best for you. Remember, it may take some time to correct so don't give up. I'm not sure if something like this can lead to more severe depression, but you certainly don't want to wait to find out. In the mean time try to do the things that normally make you happy, and never be afraid to reach out for help. Best wishes.

I am going to jump on board with this sentiment and the Best Wishes for you during this season. This is something a little out of the medical and psychological expertise of the average non-professional. This sounds debilitating.................and seeking professional help really should be your first priority. I am sure there are ways to help you cope and get through this kind of depression......seek out those answers fromt he people who can give you concrete options. I know you can get great support from the people here and that is very important.......but make sure you use it to compliment the advice of a doctor.

Happy Holidays.

Thanks guys...

Thanks for the support. I am starting to feel like myself again which is great. After a little soul searching, I realized this was only my second holiday season without my dad. He passed away in '06 due to complications from Parkinson's. That, coupled with a lack of sunlight (I am a philosopher and worshipper of the sun, among other things lol) and being laid off really did me in for a few weeks. Things that are helping are hair cuts (call me Samson), to mess around with the banjo/guitar again and to draw my cat sleeping by the window. I think I was neglecting my artistic side for too long and had sort of a 'creative constipation' going on, if that makes sense. A Happy NEW Year to Everyone!

light therapy

look into full spectrum lighting. if i'm not mistaken you can buy full spectrum light bulbs. google full spectrum lighting....should be a bunch of info.

hey

Thanks for the support. I am starting to feel like myself again which is great. After a little soul searching, I realized this was only my second holiday season without my dad. He passed away in '06 due to complications from Parkinson's. That, coupled with a lack of sunlight (I am a philosopher and worshipper of the sun, among other things lol) and being laid off really did me in for a few weeks. Things that are helping are hair cuts (call me Samson), to mess around with the banjo/guitar again and to draw my cat sleeping by the window. I think I was neglecting my artistic side for too long and had sort of a 'creative constipation' going on, if that makes sense. A Happy NEW Year to Everyone!

I'am very happy to hear this. Please take the Dr.'s advise from members, because depression can be mild to extreme, short term/long term..eitherway, you will get the help you need..maybe as simple as St. Johns Wort, which I know has helped many, but this place is getting to be like home to me and I care about everyone, so that means you!:)

Hey! I'm very glad to hear you're doing better also! I'm an artist/musician also! I like philosophy too!:) I've been reading Alan Watts and D.T. Suzuki stuff over the last year or so! Do you have any other ones I should look in to? I really like Eastern philosophies and Zen and Buddhism and stuff like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! !!! ! !!! ! !!!!!! ! ! -StOrY

All worked out? It usually does. That's good to hear. We're always here if you need to bend someone's ear.

Very best,

OTH

You need to get out of the house, stop fiddling with the gitar and drawings. I lost my dad too, and it seems like when I play guitar it makes me sad. I know you're a philosopher and I am too, but when you get in the state you are, or were in, it's time to stop listening to the voices in your head. Try to get outside of your head for a while. Get your ass back in the gym. Since your dad's not here to tell you this, I will- "Grab the bull by the fuckin horns son, and make it do what you want it to."

look into full spectrum lighting. if i'm not mistaken you can buy full spectrum light bulbs. google full spectrum lighting....should be a bunch of info.

Yes thanks Tom I am looking into this. The lightboxes seem to be effective, I am not sure my insurance covers this, will find out on Mon. If I have to I'll pay cash.

I'am very happy to hear this. Please take the Dr.'s advise from members, because depression can be mild to extreme, short term/long term..eitherway, you will get the help you need..maybe as simple as St. Johns Wort, which I know has helped many, but this place is getting to be like home to me and I care about everyone, so that means you!:)

Thank you!

Hey! I'm very glad to hear you're doing better also! I'm an artist/musician also! I like philosophy too!:) I've been reading Alan Watts and D.T. Suzuki stuff over the last year or so! Do you have any other ones I should look in to? I really like Eastern philosophies and Zen and Buddhism and stuff like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! !!! ! !!! ! !!!!!! ! ! -StOrY
Yeah Watts is great, I have read "The Book: on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Really Are." Good stuff. I have been leaning toward Western philosophy these days. Mainly Hermeticism and Alchemy. A good read which ties all these together is "The Secret of the Golden Flower" translated by C.G. Jung. It is a classical Chinese work modernized and with an emphasis on alchemy from the point of view of transformative psychology. Anyway there is a lot out there and you can go any number of ways with philosophy. Feel free to pm me if you want some more ideas.

You need to get out of the house, stop fiddling with the gitar and drawings. I lost my dad too, and it seems like when I play guitar it makes me sad. I know you're a philosopher and I am too, but when you get in the state you are, or were in, it's time to stop listening to the voices in your head. Try to get outside of your head for a while. Get your ass back in the gym. Since your dad's not here to tell you this, I will- "Grab the bull by the fuckin horns son, and make it do what you want it to."

Umm, thanks??? :confused:

Umm, thanks??? :confused:
Just disregard. I was going to ask him what discipline of philosophy but then I realized that I don't even want to know!

I'm with you on the lack of light 6.8, bummer, the short days, and its cloudy a lot where I live. I do not like this time of year. Studies have shown that even bright light helps. It doesn't even have to be the lightbox. I use a lot of halogen and daytime spectrum florescent at our home. I also have the privilage to work from home (by myself) so many times I'll also crank the stereo with some good upbeat music. I love the Cuban, Latin rhythms myself. It puts me in a warm place. Put some music on that makes it impossible not to tap your foot ;)

I love a statement a friend of my wife's in Mexico made when we saw her at Christmas. She said "the sun is the mother of the earth, we need her light"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131