over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those who EAT when HUNGRY

seems wierd to me that some of you dont eat for up to 5 hours a day. i mean if ur training hard you should be hungry every 3 hours atleast even on off days.

hopefully helps

I'm definately going to give this diet a shot.....................

Question, I just got over a month long stretch of personal family problems and stress where I never felt hungry and based on this philosophy the diet wouldn't work ..............so basically what I'm asking is what do you guys do when you don't feel hungry for long periods of time whether it be illness or various other personal reasons?

YOU not being hungry b/c of personal and familial stress is your bodies way of dealing....so, if your not hungry, why eat...when the stress is dealt with and your hungry again, eat...i am one of phils disciples and tore my pec four weeks ago...i was stressed and bummed and didnt eat either...i didnt panic..i let my body do the talking and WHEN IT WAS READY...ate foods.so i say the diet WOULD work for you or anyone...you just have to throw "CONVENTION" out the window and listen to your INNER BEING(it wont do you wrong)...feel better,k

The best part of only eating when hungry to me is it has allowed me to not get sick of the foods i am suppose to eat...I have been working with Phil for almost 1.5 years and still look forward to being able to eat my chicken and broccoli for the thousandth time...before when i was eating by the clock 12pm would roll around and i would cringe at the thought of having to eat another meal....this has allowed me to keep eating clean foods and in turn keeping me lean.

Actually i take that back...the best part of only eating when hungry has been my progress! ;)

So, I thought to myself...If this phil-osophy works well for eating, can I use it in other areas in my life. I told my wife that if I felt horny I should just get some lovin. Then she told me the garage needed cleanin & see how you feel after that....I think it is just good for food.

Good Post -- I needed to see this today

I've struggled with the concept of eating because it is time or eating when I am hungry. I've discovered that for me, eating when I'm hungry seems to be the best approach. However, when I'm working with my trainer, I tend to do more of a time scheduled feeding as I want to get in as much protein as possible.

I eat when hungry, as Phil has pounded in my head to do so. As simple as it sounds, it has taken some re-wiring for me because for years Ive always let the clock (and the fear of losing muscle) tell me when to eat.

However, now that Im free to eat whenever Im hungry I have learned some interesting things about my body:

1. My hunger is never predictable or the same from day to day. Sometimes I'll wake up in the morning starving. Before noon, I will have eaten 3 meals....then I wont eat again until 5-6pm...where I'll eat another 3-4 meals before bed. Other days, I'll eat one or two meals before noon.

2. My cravings always change. Some days all I want is meat and more meat. I could care less about eating any carbs...other days, all I can think about is eating carbs.

3. I am getting hungrier and hungrier everyday. Its hard to not let your mind play tricks on you as this happens. I want to grow but I dont want to get fat. This mind game is silly, but it can hinder you if you let it.

4. Some days I eat 3 meals, others I'll eat 8...wtf? lol. One of the strangest things I noticed was on leg day sometimes my appetite will be low to moderate, then on my rest day I cant eat enough!

What Ive learned the most: RELAX and ENJOY life. I dont let food dictate how I spend my day. Missing a meal will not kill me or set me back...whereas eating by the clock and/or when Im not hungry has set me back.

So, what strange things have you learned about yourself? [/QUO

I eat when I'm hungray only also, but I really lose some muscle if I don't have LBAs betwen meals for more than 4-5 hours....

Well

I eat when hungry, as Phil has pounded in my head to do so. As simple as it sounds, it has taken some re-wiring for me because for years Ive always let the clock (and the fear of losing muscle) tell me when to eat.

However, now that Im free to eat whenever Im hungry I have learned some interesting things about my body:

1. My hunger is never predictable or the same from day to day. Sometimes I'll wake up in the morning starving. Before noon, I will have eaten 3 meals....then I wont eat again until 5-6pm...where I'll eat another 3-4 meals before bed. Other days, I'll eat one or two meals before noon.

2. My cravings always change. Some days all I want is meat and more meat. I could care less about eating any carbs...other days, all I can think about is eating carbs.

3. I am getting hungrier and hungrier everyday. Its hard to not let your mind play tricks on you as this happens. I want to grow but I dont want to get fat. This mind game is silly, but it can hinder you if you let it.

4. Some days I eat 3 meals, others I'll eat 8...wtf? lol. One of the strangest things I noticed was on leg day sometimes my appetite will be low to moderate, then on my rest day I cant eat enough!

What Ive learned the most: RELAX and ENJOY life. I dont let food dictate how I spend my day. Missing a meal will not kill me or set me back...whereas eating by the clock and/or when Im not hungry has set me back.

So, what strange things have you learned about yourself? [/QUO

I eat when I'm hungray only also, but I really lose some muscle if I don't have LBAs betwen meals for more than 4-5 hours....

Not to give away any secrets but thats why many meals for th eday are centered around LBAs...........you clients know what I am talking about.

So, what strange things have you learned about yourself?

Do you usually eat on first sign of hunger? I try to extent my hunger feeling most of the time as i'm afraid of eating when i may actually be just craving or itching for food, not actual hunger... Sometimes i just get water down and the hunger feeling goes away.

You also mentioned you crave meats only on certain days and carbs only on other days...Do you eat only what you crave or the usual full macro?

Also lastly, i really relate with your point #3. I'm afraid of putting on fat, but also not wanting to hinder growth..and also getting hungrier day by day...how do you usually get by it? I have come to the point of being cautious of eating sometimes when hungry as i'm afraid its just a craving, not real hunger...

Btw, excellent topic to start a thread on..the body is a damn complicated and weird thing sometimes lol....

Good morning, MaTrix...

Do you usually eat on first sign of hunger? I try to extent my hunger feeling most of the time as i'm afraid of eating when i may actually be just craving or itching for food, not actual hunger... Sometimes i just get water down and the hunger feeling goes away. It depends on your goals. If you are trying to prep for a contest, or lose a pound or two a week of fat then, yes, you wait until you are hungrier. Otherwise, relax and eat when hungry. If you start to get fat then you need to adjust your macros or space out your meals a little more to re-gain that hungry feeling. You should always feel a little hungry, imo.

You also mentioned you crave meats only on certain days and carbs only on other days...Do you eat only what you crave or the usual full macro? I dont think too much about it, but if I crave some meat, I'll just grab a chicken breast out of the fridge or take a swig of LBAs. When I crave carbs, I'll eat a banana or some other fruit or steam some greens.

Also lastly, i really relate with your point #3. I'm afraid of putting on fat, but also not wanting to hinder growth..and also getting hungrier day by day...how do you usually get by it? I have come to the point of being cautious of eating sometimes when hungry as i'm afraid its just a craving, not real hunger...Relax and live your life. Trust your body not your head. If you eat a lot of food, you'll be satisfied. Dont worry about it. Its good to be a little hungry...just dont be afraid. This is a plan that you can make daily if not hourly changes to. If you wake up fat one morning, then make a change. Keep it simple and enjoy it.

Btw, excellent topic to start a thread on..the body is a damn complicated and weird thing sometimes lol....

Morning to you Ness, though its close to bedtime here for me...:p

Thanks for the detailed reply...i swear you sound almost like Phil when he types his replies via mail..though a lil more detailed than him... :D

I usually like to maximize the hunger before eating as i tend to put on weight easily..And i usually only have only 2-3 max full macro meals every day..with protein source in between when i get hungry..(u should know what it is).

I must admit i felt a little weird at first eating only 2-3 meals a day but i was making slow and steady quality gains while losing body fat...so why fix what ain't broken..?

One more thing..how do you differentiate your "itch for something to munch" and hunger feelings? I'm getting weird cravings lately, especially for nuts.. Just wanna get an opinion from you on this as i'm still in the learning process of this "chapter", which is the hardest part of the whole equation so far for me..

Morning to you Ness, though its close to bedtime here for me...:p

Thanks for the detailed reply...i swear you sound almost like Phil when he types his replies via mail..though a lil more detailed than him... :D

I usually like to maximize the hunger before eating as i tend to put on weight easily..And i usually only have only 2-3 max full macro meals every day..with protein source in between when i get hungry..(u should know what it is).

I must admit i felt a little weird at first eating only 2-3 meals a day but i was making slow and steady quality gains while losing body fat...so why fix what ain't broken..?

One more thing..how do you differentiate your "itch for something to munch" and hunger feelings? I'm getting weird cravings lately, especially for nuts.. Just wanna get an opinion from you on this as i'm still in the learning process of this "chapter", which is the hardest part of the whole equation so far for me..

I am working with phil and do the same as you mate, i wait till im really hungry before i eat because i seem to get slight hunger pangs all the time but i have a big drink of water and it tends get rid of this. if the drink of water doesnt stop the hunger then i eat.

I am working with phil and do the same as you mate, i wait till im really hungry before i eat because i seem to get slight hunger pangs all the time but i have a big drink of water and it tends get rid of this. if the drink of water doesnt stop the hunger then i eat.

Thats what i do too hilly....If H20 goes in and stomach still grumbles 5-10 mins later..i ain't waiting any longer....

Its just hard to combat the love of eating sometimes lol....and thats when sf jello comes into play...

Question to you guys and Phil,

when eating those certain macro's when hungry, how do you determine when you want to put on extra size, or cut up for a contest?

UP TO PHIL

when eating those certain macro's when hungry, how do you determine when you want to put on extra size, or cut up for a contest?

If your working with him...i imagine thats up to him and his genius...

If your working with him...i imagine thats up to him and his genius...

I imagine you're probably right.

If I'm asking for too much info to be given out then ignore my question, its just something I've always wondered when reading about these methods.

Well

You mean get fetter or leaner? Why would you wan tto get fatter? Getting lean is easy.....we are always gaining muscle, so that part of the equation is set........manipultaion for your BF goals is what we treat.

If it works for you then great. However, for me, if I eat when I'm hungry, I'd probably only end up eating 4 meals. That's not enough cals for me to bulk or maintain unless I'm eating 2000 cals at each sitting which is not something I can really do. I find myself eating 7 times a day. Food does dictate my life which does become annoying at times.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131