advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you use insulin while cutting?

I know OP is getting a little shit from posting shit that been over. But TBH I just started 5iu post workout only on leg days while I'm starting this cut leading into my show prep. So this actually worked out well for me! Appreciate it.

Whole meal 1hr before a workout is what I do . Chicken and jasmine rice . Has never failed me

IIRC Dr Mauro DiPasquale had a version of his "Anabolic diet" where you were supposed to eat thousands of carb rich calories during your workout (zero carb rest of the time). It was anything you could stomach, cakes, candy, drinks, fruit, everything Lol.

Didn't Scott Stevenson talk about drinking about 2K calories during your workout?
DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet was just a CKD - no carbs Monday through Friday, eat whatever you want on the weekend. It didn't advocate consuming calories during workouts.

Lol

I just wanna know how exogenous insulin helps fat loss
I don't know what you don't understand, he explained it extensively. The main purpose of insulin in a cut is to retain muscle.

Lol

I just wanna know how exogenous insulin helps fat loss
Insulin won’t trump energy balance.

If you’re in a deficit, you’re going to be more insulin sensitive, and in a deficit you’ll be unable to accrue adipose tissue (there’s obviously edge cases, I’m speaking broadly here).

By lowering blood glucose + partitioning nutrients selectively to muscle tissue (take your carbs with insulin periworkout), insulin can assist with recovery, maximize the utilization of carbohydrate intake, and result in a more ideal state for fat loss.

Of course, if you’re eating like an asshole, overdoing carbs to the extent you blow your deficit, training like a zombie, and being a general lazy fuck, you’ll get fat.

Insulin generally is an anabolic agent that can promote tissue accrual, both with skeletal muscle mass and adipose tissue. Simply ensure you’re tailoring your nutrition protocol and training to be fit for purpose for your goals, and it’ll help.

It’s certainly not a fat burning agent, but it can make your fat loss endeavors more productive.

IIRC Dr Mauro DiPasquale had a version of his "Anabolic diet" where you were supposed to eat thousands of carb rich calories during your workout (zero carb rest of the time). It was anything you could stomach, cakes, candy, drinks, fruit, everything Lol.

Didn't Scott Stevenson talk about drinking about 2K calories during your workout?
Where are you getting your information from? Lol
The anabolic diet is similar to Duchaines BodyOpus, low carb week, high carb weekend, nothing to do with intra workout. I don't even think intra workouts were a thing back when they came up with these diets.
Scott Stevenson proposes eating almost all carbs peri-workout, doesn't mean intra, this is an extreme version
Meal 1 0 Carb
Meal 2 0 Carb
Meal 3 50 Carb (Pre-workout)
Meal 3.5 (Intra) 50 carb
Meal 4 200 Carb
Meal 5 200 Carb
Meal 6 0 Carb
No/low carbs if its far before or after a workout. Its what Milos does too now, promotes metabolic flexibility.

if you value me only $5 then forgive me but I won't answer any of your questions🤷🏻‍♂️

I didn’t mean any offense

Your input is very valuable to me and everyone else here

I just see knowledgeable members such as yourself helping people for free here and I feel bad not giving anything in return

I apologize

DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet was just a CKD - no carbs Monday through Friday, eat whatever you want on the weekend. It didn't advocate consuming calories during workouts.

I'm positive he had an advanced protocol where advanced and "adapted" athletes spiked insulin each workout. I'll try to find it. Anyone else remember this?

Seems to be a lot of different opinions across people/boards regarding this.

Why do you use it and opt(or don't) it above metformin(or whatever you need) for example in a cut?
I use 2-3iu insulin + 400mg carnitine before fasted cardio during prep. Has always worked beautifully

I've heard of this kid no idea if he is one of the few credible ones but talks about fitting insulin into diet vs just adding it then slamming a sugar shake while you lift.

I use a low dose Lantus while cutting, keeps me very full and zero hypo sympthoms. Never found it impaired fat loss.
What do you call a low dose? You're using it with HGH I'd presume? Or am I mistaken?

Just got a bottle of novolin R from Walmart yesterday and pinned ~8iu intramuscularly before my back workout

moved calories/protein/carbs around from a meal to intra workout in order to maintain my deficit

Felt pretty good tbh. Felt like I could take my time a bit more between sets due to the anti-catabolic nature of the insulin, and was able to lift heavier due to this increased rest

I feel like the low dose dnp that I am using is reducing the need for carb intake while the insulin is active in my system

I've heard of this kid no idea if he is one of the few credible ones but talks about fitting insulin into diet vs just adding it then slamming a sugar shake while you lift.
Derek is pretty damn solid on most things.

Not perfect, but who is?

Humalog pre workout in contest prep is a staple for me. Off-season application as well.
Prewo for you is like.... With prewo meal OR just before starting lifting?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear