advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How prominent are PEDs in Track and Field?

Samson250

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I just caught a clip of an upcoming national level Track and Field comp and by the look of the athletes I’m guessing very very prominent.

I recommend Charlie Francis's book Speed Trap. he was Ben Johnson's coach. I agree with what Sickboy wrote. They tend to have very comprehensive and cutting edge doping protocols. They must avoid detection for the obvious reasons but also because it will hurt them financially (also obvious). There is a ton of ad & sponsorship money in Track & Field so getting caught might cause them to lose a deal and/or sit (suspension). Seems like the most comprehensive and advanced doping protocols are in Track & Field, cycling, and MMA or more specifically UFC (USADA).

I recommend Charlie Francis's book Speed Trap. he was Ben Johnson's coach. I agree with what Sickboy wrote. They tend to have very comprehensive and cutting edge doping protocols. They must avoid detection for the obvious reasons but also because it will hurt them financially (also obvious). There is a ton of ad & sponsorship money in Track & Field so getting caught might cause them to lose a deal and/or sit (suspension). Seems like the most comprehensive and advanced doping protocols are in Track & Field, cycling, and MMA or more specifically UFC (USADA).
And working loopholes, every cyclist has asthma so they take albuteral. A lot of MMA are on HRT.

Former high level collegiate sprinter here … they’re prominent as fuck lol I personally used EPO back in the day
EPO as a sprinter? Ok that’s surprising. Can you share doses and the benefits you felt it provided?

Any other compounds? Illicit or not?

EPO as a sprinter? Ok that’s surprising. Can you share doses and the benefits you felt it provided?

Any other compounds? Illicit or not?

Is it suprising? EPOs main benefit is prolonging anaerobic/aerobic threshold bursts ie. Cyclists hill climbing as speed, or sprinting into an overtake. At has little impact at "zone 2" or aerobic work.

PEDs are rife at the elite level of all sport - look at the number of crossfitters popped in the last month! Look at the protocol used by Tim Montgomery when he set the 100m record... I'd love to know bolt's protocol

Lets think
If in a beauty contest when usually main price is plastic trophy and we train few times in a week for about an hour we are sitting on grams how do you think how much take people which:
Are involve in sports where miliseconds decide
Train few hours a DAY
Serious money are involved
Just think…..

Gw1516 is traceable. Along came gw7042 its been out for years but only common knowledge for a few years.

oh yeah I like this topic I was also a sprinter in college (100, 200, 4x100). I didn't take anything when I was running but others did. I was mostly just scared. I also only ran in college for two years as they cut mens track and field where I went to school and didn't want to transfer.

Anyway...I found out most of the guys took testosterone and interestingly winstrol. At first that seemed odd but if you think about it many sprinters really don't want to gain weight. I later found out one of my closest friends took only 25gs of winstrol most of the offseason with a little test prop here and there.

I do have an intimate understanding of how drug testing works in the NCAA as an athletic trainer in college I was often the one who would get the fax from the NCAA with a list of athletes names and who is to arrive at 6am-7am the next morning. We'd call the athlete the night before. Long story short your best way to "beat the test" in college was to just play the odds. I was at a big D1 school and NCAA showed up twice in four years and it's just a random list of athletes. We'd always have people get popped though. Also, I'm talking the years pre 2008 as it has gotten a bit tougher since then and you'd need to put some thought into it.

I bought my first cycle from one of the college football players lol. Every lineman was taking steroids but a lot of the skill guys were genetic freaks and I'm quite confident many were not taking anything. You can absolutely compete in the NCAA and be a star if you are a genetic freak. The lineman...they were juiced to the gills lol for the most part.

EDIT: Guy up top is right about the EPO. Although it seems odd for a sprinter it helps mostly with overall training capacity. Think not so much the day of the meet but more about the intense training and impact EPO can have...even on a sprinter.

Moderately detailed log on my EPO use. I think there is quite a bit of misconception out there regarding EPO utilization. For a generic marathon athlete is has (from my experience) virtually zero value. For individuals operating in high lactate threshold sports though it is immensely valuable. Sprint work, bike and swim competitions. Long distance running is predominately propelled through cross body sling systems - not muscular activation - thus limited build up and processing of lactate.

Depends on the country. In Russia they had the secret service helping the athletes dope. Trying to beat legitimate tests: very hard. The Russian's couldn't do it, they had to actually switch out the tests. I did see one Russian doping method, mix whiskey with Turinabol, Superdrol and Trenbolone and swish it around your mouth and spit. But how much would something like that do?

Is it suprising? EPOs main benefit is prolonging anaerobic/aerobic threshold bursts ie. Cyclists hill climbing as speed, or sprinting into an overtake. At has little impact at "zone 2" or aerobic work.
The general pervasive thought is that it benefits long distance aerobic work because of its effect on hemoglobin and red blood cell production. In your cycling example, yes they have bursts of higher output but they're doing that over hours and days of work. But if it indeed has a positive impact on anaerobic output then I get why a sprinter would use it. I just had never read that it had that benefit. Or at least I haven't read how it imparts that benefit.
PEDs are rife at the elite level of all sport - look at the number of crossfitters popped in the last month! Look at the protocol used by Tim Montgomery when he set the 100m record... I'd love to know bolt's protocol
I'm not arguing your contention here in the slightest. I was just asking if there was other experience you felt like sharing.

The general pervasive thought is that it benefits long distance aerobic work because of its effect on hemoglobin and red blood cell production. In your cycling example, yes they have bursts of higher output but they're doing that over hours and days of work. But if it indeed has a positive impact on anaerobic output then I get why a sprinter would use it. I just had never read that it had that benefit. Or at least I haven't read how it imparts that benefit.

I'm not arguing your contention here in the slightest. I was just asking if there was other experience you felt like sharing.
EPO can help mildly in steady state but has more benefits in zone 4 and 5. In cycling races are won on the climbs unless it's downhill MTB. EPO allows you to stay aerobic at a higher heartrate.

Football players at my high school were on gear. One kid I knew was in 8th grade so yeah obviously any sport will have it.

Not sure if Charlie Francis' forum is still around but I'd occasionally post and know a decent amount of S&C guys. Drugs are rampant (sprinters, throwers etc...).

I get that it's the general impression of EPO because endurance athletes do get popped for it frequently - so it is understandable why people would think it helps with the aerobic/endurance side; but in reality its benefits are in the "burst" and "speed work" aspects of racing ie. Hill climbs and overtakes - this is why it benifits sprinters. Famously EPO was a significant part of Tim Montgomery & Marion Jones doping program. For the endurance work side cortico-steroids to reduce inflammation are often benificial.

As for experience in what is used; from what I've read on here the UK T&F (where I am) and US scenes are quite different in terms of PED use. Certainly in the circles I mix in EPO is not commonly used (probably because it's hard to procure; atleast at amateur level). Stimulants aren't overly popular although I know a handful of Tri guys who hammer amphetamine like it's going out of sale 😂 medium ester test, EQ, low dose anadrol and var are all very popular here. Winnie is typically shyed away from - in the last year NPP has become very popular too.

Edit: oh and GH. we all love our GH

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner