over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Humulin R 3x's a day?

Hey BK, do you cycle your insulin? If so, how many weeks on and off? Thanks.

I have been off of insulin for about 2 years. Before that I did about 7iu-6on/1off, with 2 iu of GH, in the morning. However, when my doc said that I had become pre-diabetic, I got worried and stopped. I am planning to go back on (with GH), but only on workout days.

As someone else posted, be sure to have sweets on hand each and every time you take. My Dad was a diabetic, and I remember he would go into insulin shock. We would pour orange juice into his mouth, hoping some would get into his system. Very scary.

I once took a shot before a wedding, and started to go into shock. I had nothing to eat, so I rifled thru my wife's purse and found some Altoids. I inhaled the entire tin, and made it thru. Another time I was at a restaurant, and there was nothing to munch on before dinner. I was sweating so badly, that I had to go into the bathroom and take off my soaked t-shirt. I didn't know what to do with it, so I threw it away.

^ I would bet that the pre-diabetic issue had more to do with your diet than your use of insulin. So many people in the US are pre-diabetic just because they eat so many carbs and have such poor insulin sensitivity. I think that is another important reason people should do cardio.... increased insulin sensitivity.

As far as going hypo after shots, I feel that anyone using insulin should always have a sugary drink with them for emergencies, and to keep glucose tabs on them (they sell them at any drug store in the same area where they keep the glucose, heart rate, and blood pressure monitors).

ok , so let me ask an opinion on timing the slin.

if I train on Monday , Wednesday and Friday , would I bet better off take g the slin 2-3x a day on my off day when the body is resting/repairing?

Big Kiwi , when you say you take it post cardio in the am , are you taking minimal carbs just to prevent hypo? of just going about your normal days eating

ok , so let me ask an opinion on timing the slin.

if I train on Monday , Wednesday and Friday , would I bet better off take g the slin 2-3x a day on my off day when the body is resting/repairing?

Big Kiwi , when you say you take it post cardio in the am , are you taking minimal carbs just to prevent hypo? of just going about your normal days eating
\\

Go with your training days bro!

And Mr Kiwi already said...no carbs bro...lollies bro!! lollies!!!! ;)

I sent my girl a text last night while she was at wal mart and I told her to pick me up some "lollies" ....few min later I get text back sayin..."for your insulin?"......I was shocked she knew what I was talking about...and proud/pumped to know my girl reads PM more often then I thought :headbang::headbang:

Last edited:
Awesome thread.

Ive been a fan of slin but never really wanted to run it at high doses or for long amounts of time. I think I ran 10ius like twice but most of the time I kept it at 5-6ius.

But now I think I may try some different doses and methods.

Thanks guys.

What the heck are lollies? Lolipops hard candy?
Bk you run twice daily non stop year round?

Sometimes we could get igf but rarely and hgh extremly rare. I have talked to many endocrinologists about insulin use and they have said you cannot become diabetic from it's use. Soft jelly like candy is what I usually eat or marsh-mellows.

I would use enough carbs after morning cardio just to prevent low sugar levels. Yep would use year around. Good to use on days off but I think that after training is a critical time for use along with other supplements :)

Sometimes we could get igf but rarely and hgh extremly rare. I have talked to many endocrinologists about insulin use and they have said you cannot become diabetic from it's use. Soft jelly like candy is what I usually eat or marsh-mellows.

I would use enough carbs after morning cardio just to prevent low sugar levels. Yep would use year around. Good to use on days off but I think that after training is a critical time for use along with other supplements :)

Thats definitely good to know BigKiwi, but is it a myth than that some top pros have turned themselves into diabetics with their insulin use? I have heard people say this before but no one ever says who or gives any proof.

I know someone on this board who competes and is insanely vascular and dry all the time that swears by dosing slin on days off to replenish and help recovery.

I know someone on this board who competes and is insanely vascular and dry all the time that swears by dosing slin on days off to replenish and help recovery.

You can take it every day if you want bro...all we are sayin is make sure its taken on days you train.

I have a friend at the gym who you would prob consider pretty big ...looks like a road map when he trains but eats half a gallon of ice cream every night.....sssoooo lol

Thats definitely good to know BigKiwi, but is it a myth than that some top pros have turned themselves into diabetics with their insulin use? I have heard people say this before but no one ever says who or gives any proof.

probably has more to do with very high hgh dosing and high carb intake

I have talked to many endocrinologists about insulin use and they have said you cannot become diabetic from it's use.

That's not a very fair statement, with all due respect to you and your endo. It's true, using exogenous insulin will not give you diabetes. But it can, over time create a state of insulin resistance which can lead to big problems down the road if not carefully monitored. For those of us who are already dealing with a genetic propensity towards the disease, this can quickly exacerbate the problem, and without basic proactive care we can end up really screwing ourselves up using this.

You can take it every day if you want bro...all we are sayin is make sure its taken on days you train.

I have a friend at the gym who you would prob consider pretty big ...looks like a road map when he trains but eats half a gallon of ice cream every night.....sssoooo lol

No I understand that it can be used everyday, I was just relating to BK's statement of using on off days.

You may build up a resistance in a few people but it will quickly revert back to normal once you stop using insulin. personally over the years and years of insulin use would use similar amounts to when I strated insulin and there has never been a resistance. The only thing you may notice is that when you increase weight you may have to take 1-2 more iu's but when you go back down again it is exactly the same.

That's not a very fair statement, with all due respect to you and your endo. It's true, using exogenous insulin will not give you diabetes. But it can, over time create a state of insulin resistance which can lead to big problems down the road if not carefully monitored. For those of us who are already dealing with a genetic propensity towards the disease, this can quickly exacerbate the problem, and without basic proactive care we can end up really screwing ourselves up using this.

Bk I remember you drank soda "slowly over time" as to not spike natural slin while taking slin? What did the protocol look.like?

And for those of us who do choose to.run gh.. How does this fit into the whole mix?

what top pros have you heard have diabetes? I really cant think of any....besides insulin isn't always to blame for the insulin resistance...running gh year round...especially at the doses some guys do (10ius and up) definitely will increase insulin resistance.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws