over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows heart attak?

Exactly. I think for many it's a worthwhile "supplement". However one thing that sticks out to me are all the guys on here who use loads of supplements. Many use tonnes of herbal supps thinking like it's nothing but many of them have unknown effects so people have to be careful. One of those effects is thinning your blood and so many supplements do this (curcumin, ginger, cinnamon, vitamin e, fish oil etc). So if people are taking a combination of these supps they may not need any aspirin. I remember when I was using a high dose of fish oil with a few others things and baby aspirin and the nosebleeds I would get would be terrible. My blood was like water so there are many who shouldn't just add in aspirin (or other blood thinners) as often too much "good" can turn "bad".
^^^ this also happened to me when I was taking high dose fish oil when I was dieting, my nose would bleed and pour out like water, scared the shit out of me.

Too much blood thinning can be an issue for sure.

I take fish oil curcumin, and nattokinaise. I tested low on clotting time before a recent (3 yrs ago) surgery.

That said, I keep up my protocol because I do have the F2 gene variant for thrombophilia.

when I had sleep apnea surgery they tested my clotting time (not sure if that is the proper medical term) I was on fish oil and all that shit and did not make the time limit that was set.

Guys - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

All of the accounts above look pretty accurate. A few were not.

I have been 200-250 (mainly 200) mg of HRT for 3 years now, probably too much honestly. No GH for probably a year, and before that was minimal since I last competed 3 years ago. A little nolvadex 2-3 times a week on and off. That's it. that's everything.

My bodyweight has been around 222-224ish for 3 years, not 240.

Now I am 211 :)

Overall I am feeling great now. It was nice to hear the doctor say my heart was normal in size, and that he had zero concerns about plaque buildup. it is troubling to not know where the clots came from. In 2005 there was a diagnosis made by the MAYO clinic that was essentially a clot had formed in a specific vein in my colon.

I think with the blood thinner, I should be good to go now. I would be lying if I didn't tell you I was scared. I need to get over it. Some mornings I wake up and I think, whew, I woke up.

It's time to move forward though, but again thank you all for the kind words.

Alright, hi everybody..is back :)

I have been 200-250 (mainly 200) mg of HRT for 3 years now, probably too much honestly. No GH for probably a year, and before that was minimal since I last competed 3 years ago. A little nolvadex 2-3 times a week on and off. That's it. that's everything.

Overall I am feeling great now. It was nice to hear the doctor say my heart was normal in size, and that he had zero concerns about plaque buildup. it is troubling to not know where the clots came from. In 2005 there was a diagnosis made by the MAYO clinic that was essentially a clot had formed in a specific vein in my colon.

I think with the blood thinner, I should be good to go now. I would be lying if I didn't tell you I was scared. I need to get over it. Some mornings I wake up and I think, whew, I woke up.

You are the Ric Flair of bodybuilding at this point. Welcome back!

So glad to see that you are healthy , making a good come back and have a good prognosis.!!
Also glad to see that you still visit here

So glad to see that you are healthy , making a good come back and have a good prognosis.!!
Also glad to see that you still visit here

I'll always have love for Pro Muscle. This is really where my career began to take off, and I appreciate everything this site ever did for me - great group!

Glad your good John. And thank you for stating what you've been on recently, its very useful. Could you please state your daily supplement regime?

Are you going to trim down more and reduce body weight now?

Thank you sir :)

Glad your good John. And thank you for stating what you've been on recently, its very useful. Could you please state your daily supplement regime?

Are you going to trim down more and reduce body weight now?

Thank you sir :)

Well thing is, I already didn't eat much. For example, typical breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast. Then maybe some kind of chicken dish for lunch and dinner with a bowl of cereal or a protein pudding/pie I make as a snack. That's about it. I was training very hard though and maintaining just fine. My appetite vanished from all the meds, and just came back 2 days ago. I could eat 1 egg, 1 piece of toast, then 4 oz of chicken in evening and be fine. It dropped me to current weight.

Supps - garlic, pycnogenol, Coq10, my Granite Supplements Joint Care (uc2 collagen and circumin), and some fish oil

Dear John,

My opinion . . .

You just received a gift

And whatever happened, it is now in the past and cannot be changed, but if you are receptive (and you are), it can be learned from. What is important now is; living . . . living for the moment and making plans for the future that includes your well being, you family , and your business. May it all thrive.

You look feel better and look as time goes on. Maybe not at the spreed you desire, but it will happen, there no avoiding it. And I am and happy for you and your beautiful family that has been though this hard time beside you side. You deserve them and they deserve you.

Stay well,
Alfresco

Thanks for coming to the board and giving us all an update. You're one of the most respected figures both on this board and the community as a whole and we're all thrilled you're doing so well.

Well thing is, I already didn't eat much. For example, typical breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast. Then maybe some kind of chicken dish for lunch and dinner with a bowl of cereal or a protein pudding/pie I make as a snack. That's about it. I was training very hard though and maintaining just fine. My appetite vanished from all the meds, and just came back 2 days ago. I could eat 1 egg, 1 piece of toast, then 4 oz of chicken in evening and be fine. It dropped me to current weight.

Supps - garlic, pycnogenol, Coq10, my Granite Supplements Joint Care (uc2 collagen and circumin), and some fish oil
Glad to hear you are ok John! You are very lucky!! I also had a heart attack one early April and ended up having to get a quadruple bypass on 4/9. I had two arteries with complete blockages and two with 90% blockages. You dodged a bullet my friend!

Its great to hear from you, and to know you are doing well. You did a great thing when you called the life squad right away. I think that's one thing that really helped you a lot.

What did the doctors tell you to do concerning working out again? Mine didn't want me lifting more than 100 lbs, but my heart is much worse off. Ive been lifting now for almost 12 years after my heart attack and still here. Main thing now is for you to rest. When do you plan on going back to lifting again? I took about 3 weeks off and then did only cardio for about 2 weeks.

It‘s great to hear from you John, really glad you‘re feeling better. You‘re undoubtedly one of the realest people in our industry and someone to look up to. Glad for you and your family that everything turned out okay :)

It felt like the bodybuilding world just stopped when you had your heart attack. Lots of love out there for you, John. All that love you've given others, you're getting back.

Glad to hear you are ok John! You are very lucky!! I also had a heart attack one early April and ended up having to get a quadruple bypass on 4/9. I had two arteries with complete blockages and two with 90% blockages. You dodged a bullet my friend!

man that is scary. I do think what helped me the post was calling for help. I did think about just laying down, but I knew something was very wrong, so I am glad we called the squad.

Its great to hear from you, and to know you are doing well. You did a great thing when you called the life squad right away. I think that's one thing that really helped you a lot.

What did the doctors tell you to do concerning working out again? Mine didn't want me lifting more than 100 lbs, but my heart is much worse off. Ive been lifting now for almost 12 years after my heart attack and still here. Main thing now is for you to rest. When do you plan on going back to lifting again? I took about 3 weeks off and then did only cardio for about 2 weeks.

I am cleared for cardio now and weights next week, as long as I dont train hard, which I don't plan on doing right now.

It felt like the bodybuilding world just stopped when you had your heart attack. Lots of love out there for you, John. All that love you've given others, you're getting back.

I am very blessed for sure!

I am cleared for cardio now and weights next week, as long as I dont train hard, which I don't plan on doing right now.
Thats great. Its hard at first to hold back at the gym, but it becomes easier after awhile. Main thing is not to trigger an arrhythmia. Keep the heart rate down lower than you're used to.

Really glad you are going to be ok and make a full recovery! Sounds like absolute minimal damage was done, lucky!

I have to say, my absolute number one suspect would be the Nolvadex. Mysterious clots are it's number one serious side effect. Also, few doctors outside of oncologists specializing in breast cancer would be aware of this. I have done an enormous amount of research on tamoxifen over the years and everything I have read about this side effect seems to fit with your case. It could be a direct or indirect effect from the tamoxifen also, as it raises estrogen levels even as it blocks it.

I don't want this thread to turn into a debate about the safety of nolva and if it can cause clotting or not, it's a known serious side effect (which is also rare as most serious side effects are). Obviously it is probably related to estrogen's effect on clotting factors. Anyhow anyone can google this and read about it, there is no point debating it here, personal experience with oneself or small groups of people isn't enough data to assess outlying statistical possibilities. Also, there is a possibility this has nothing to do with this case, as I am just theorizing based on limited information.

I hope you get back to training hard soon JM!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws