over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nick Diaz

PHIL HERNON

Banned
I love this guy. Why all the hate for him? Win or lose the guy is genuine and honest. He is a good person with a big heart and just loves to compete.

I like Diaz! Hope he wins it.

He is to cocky and is a poor looser. If he was to beat GSP then he could be as cocky as he wants but he hasn't beat the man yet

I honestly think the UFC has been making him look like a villain, but it does build the fight. he has lost a couple controversial calls where he was upset, but when he gets mopped then he admits to being beat.

If GSP choose to utilize that jab he has like he did against Koscheck he will look amazing, but if he doesnt and bangs with diaz then he will be in trouble cause GSP doesnt have the best chin. if it goes to the ground diaz much better at jits, but GSP is the better wrestler. should be a great fight

I don't hate him, but I am not a huge fan of his fighting style

I do agree he is misunderstood. But I think he presents himself as arrogant and disrespectful. But I understand he had to become that way to survive in his enviroment. I lived in North Philly for some time , which is probably much worse then Lodi, California, and it's a very rough environment to deal with daily.

They say he hates fighting, only does it because it pays the bills. Also because his behaviors don't reflect that what the public views a Professional Athlete's should be. But first and foremost he is a human being who had trials and tribulations we may not relate to, or understand which shaped him to be the way he is. People always judge others in the spotlight.

I find people tend to hate other people more when they are actually successful. His attitude just gives an excuse for some to hate him rather then blame their own envy IMO.

No quit in either of the Diaz brothers.

Ak

No quit in either of the Diaz brothers.

Ak

I give them that they don't quite but remember all the bs those 2 started in elite xc. C'mon guys they make themselves villains not the ufc

Didn't he fail a drug test for weed in elite xc ? Failing a drug test doesn't make you a bad person but given that he knows he will be tested and pot doesn't give him a competitive edge why risk it and being labeled ? I agree he comes off as arrogant and cocky. That might be more showmanship or trying to work himself up for a fight though. I bet a lot of these guys are way different than there camera persona.

I'm a huge fan of both Diaz bros. I do feel like Nick plays the role of victim/martyr, though. I think he thinks people hate him more than they do. I can listen to his interviews for HOURS! :D It's like he just strings words together. LMAO! He's second only to Tito in that department. And BTW, both bros are EXTREMELY cool to fans and will take time to sign EVERY autograph and shoot the shit.

Last edited:
Yea I always thought the Diaz brothers had a love of fighting/competition. They have their ways and tend to put some people off with the flipping middle finger/cursing etc, but they probably don't really mind that and it brings them more $ anyway.

I've seen Nick take losses like a champ, but I can respect him voicing his opinion if he doesn't agree. Sometimes it seems like he thinks guys are going to reenact Ward Gatti 1 with him with 4oz gloves on and in front of a ppv crowd, probably not lol.

Gsp's takedown timing will be hard for Diaz and he will stay too high on him to be in any real danger on the ground. I'd like to see what Diaz wants to do because we all know Gsp may not want to really plant his feet and box Diaz.

I love this guy. Why all the hate for him? Win or lose the guy is genuine and honest. He is a good person with a big heart and just loves to compete.

Did you listen to the UFC 158 conference call? He is a hell of a fighter, but I can't stand the poor me, I had a tough childhood, I live in a bad neighborhood, blah, blah, blah excuses. Case in point, GSP wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he decided he wanted to achieve greatness and he busted his ass and put in the work to do so. As Dana said in one of pressers: "Nick has plenty of money to move out of his terrible neighborhood". Nick's response? I don't know about buying houses and stuff. Really?

On the conference call, he complained that he doesn't get any respect. You have to give respect to earn it from others, you are not entitled to it. I don't know if it's the people that he surrounds himself with or just choices that he makes himself, but he could achieve so much more in the sport with a change of attitude.

I laughed hysterically when he said that he pulled up to a light in Lodi and a soccer mom recognized him and said "I hope GSP beats your ass!". (@33 minute mark in the vid)

Nick and Nate are both great fighters and it amazes me how they are able to get fighters to fight their fight. They are very successful with it. However, when someone sticks to their game plan (Ben Henderson), it quickly exposes their weaknesses.

I don't think Nick deserves this fight at all, but I am happy to see it. I have a feeling GSP will utilize Bendo's game plan and it will produce similar results.

I do like the fact that Nick won't be afraid of GSP and will push the pace.

Conference call: UFC 158 conference call audio - MMA Fighting

Didn't he fail a drug test for weed in elite xc ? Failing a drug test doesn't make you a bad person but given that he knows he will be tested and pot doesn't give him a competitive edge why risk it and being labeled ? I agree he comes off as arrogant and cocky. That might be more showmanship or trying to work himself up for a fight though. I bet a lot of these guys are way different than there camera persona.

He pissed hot for weed when he beat Gomi in Pride and when he lost to Condit he pissed hot for weed. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I'm just giving you the correct events. Smoke all the weed you want, I say. It's not hurting anyone!

I like Diaz, but I do agree that he is a very poor loser just like BJ Penn. The man can fight, but I don't see him beating GSP. I think this right will look a lot like Rory McDonald vs. Nate Diaz. McDonald slammed him on his head like ten times in that fight.

He was an arrogant and cocky asshole back in strikeforce, so it's not the ufc, it's just him.

I think he should show a little bit of sportsmanship.

In elite ex he came out and made a huge scene after a jake shields win. I he flipped off the cameras and the crowed and really took some heat for that fiasco

I honestly think the UFC has been making him look like a villain, but it does build the fight. he has lost a couple controversial calls where he was upset, but when he gets mopped then he admits to being beat.

If GSP choose to utilize that jab he has like he did against Koscheck he will look amazing, but if he doesnt and bangs with diaz then he will be in trouble cause GSP doesnt have the best chin. if it goes to the ground diaz much better at jits, but GSP is the better wrestler. should be a great fight

GSP can't bang with Diaz at all, even if he does try to utilize his jab....The ONLY way GSP can beat Diaz is thru his wrestleing and GnP.

I think it will be a boring 5 rd decision for GSP. I hope GSP sticks to his word and tries to beat Diaz senseless so that we can actually see a fight. GSP won't though because he can't beat Diaz in a striking match.

In elite ex he came out and made a huge scene after a jake shields win. I he flipped off the cameras and the crowed and really took some heat for that fiasco

They caught a lot heat for that Jason Miller stunt, too. Miller was just trying to be a goof ball, but Diaz swung at him first.

GSP can't bang with Diaz at all, even if he does try to utilize his jab....The ONLY way GSP can beat Diaz is thru his wrestleing and GnP.

I think it will be a boring 5 rd decision for GSP. I hope GSP sticks to his word and tries to beat Diaz senseless so that we can actually see a fight. GSP won't though because he can't beat Diaz in a striking match.

I haven't been watching any interviews or pre fight hype, but is Gsp coming off like it's another Serra rematch lol?

They caught a lot heat for that Jason Miller stunt, too. Miller was just trying to be a goof ball, but Diaz swung at him first.

That's right I forgot about that one!! Nick and Nate both

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner