over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Popularity of "Instagram" amongst your social circle: real and online life

tmuscle

Kilo Klub Member

So I just joined instagram this morning to try things out. I haven't been on facebook in years but apparently this instagram is the new thing. Seems like I've been missing out.

Is instagram very popular amongst your friends and family?

instagram sucks. It's a PG version of Tumblr.

my sister is "instafamous" in our area. I think it's retarded but everyone loves it. up to like 25 years old at least.

I'm shocked at the popularity of sites like that; twitter, myspace, facebook, etc.
I hear Instagram is just a site you post pics on? Someone joked that Instagram is Facebook for people that can't read.

I'm 30 but I feel like an old man because I don't know what the hell anyone is talking about when they mention things having to do with these social media sites.
I think its odd that people feel the need to plaster so much personal information and photos all over the internet. I think its strange that so many people think anyone cares about their little updates and comments or thoughts on every subject on earth.

It all seems like a waste of time to me, but maybe I am just bitter because I don't like the way it has consumed the lives of so many people around me. Everyone I know can't do a damn thing without constantly checking their phone, notepad, or laptop for 'status updates' or text messages, or whatever else people do on those sites. So many people are swapping 'fake' online socializing with an actual social life.
I have gone to dinner with people recently where they actually took out their phone before eating to take pictures of it and post it online, and they also 'check in' to the restaurant's website (I guess it logs how many times you've been there or some other pointless thing). There were plenty of 'text conversations' going on right in the middle of our actual real life conversations which I thought was very rude, yet everyone else acts like it is routine.

Even my wife is obsessed with those sites. When we are both done with work, training, and whatever else we have to do for the day, we usually lay down in bed and either watch a movie or read. Ever since those sites became popular, she spends the whole night playing around on her notepad, even during a movie. It pisses me off, and she told me she would stop doing it.... but she is truly addicted. I read a study recently where scientists have found that the brain actually rewires itself to associate electronic devices and social media sites with pleasure and satisfaction, to the point where the person actually is addicted. They habitually check the sites for updates and their brain releases dopamine as a reward.

I don't have kids, but whenever I am around other peoples' kids I notice they are playing on their phones too. There will be several of them together, but instead of talking to each other or playing like normal kids, they sit there quietly and play on the phones like little electronic junkies. No one else seems to notice this or think it is odd. If I had kids, I would make them go outside and wouldn't allow them to use phones, laptops, or other devices for more than an hour a day (other than school work).

Last edited:
I'm shocked at the popularity of sites like that; twitter, myspace, facebook, etc.
I hear Instagram is just a site you post pics on? Someone joked that Instagram is Facebook for people that can't read.

I'm 30 but I feel like an old man because I don't know what the hell anyone is talking about when they mention things having to do with these social media sites.
I think its odd that people feel the need to plaster so much personal information and photos all over the internet. I think its strange that so many people think anyone cares about their little updates and comments or thoughts on every subject on earth.

It all seems like a waste of time to me, but maybe I am just bitter because I don't like the way it has consumed the lives of so many people around me. Everyone I know can't do a damn thing without constantly checking their phone, notepad, or laptop for 'status updates' or text messages, or whatever else people do on those sites. So many people are swapping 'fake' online socializing with an actual social life.
I have gone to dinner with people recently where they actually took out their phone before eating to take pictures of it and post it online, and they also 'check in' to the restaurant's website (I guess it logs how many times you've been there or some other pointless thing). There were plenty of 'text conversations' going on right in the middle of our actual real life conversations which I thought was very rude, yet everyone else acts like it is routine.

Even my wife is obsessed with those sites. When we are both done with work, training, and whatever else we have to do for the day, we usually lay down in bed and either watch a movie or read. Ever since those sites became popular, she spends the whole night playing around on her notepad, even during a movie. It pisses me off, and she told me she would stop doing it.... but she is truly addicted. I read a study recently where scientists have found that the brain actually rewires itself to associate electronic devices and social media sites with pleasure and satisfaction, to the point where the person actually is addicted. They habitually check the sites for updates and their brain releases dopamine as a reward.

I don't have kids, but whenever I am around other peoples' kids I notice they are playing on their phones too. There will be several of them together, but instead of talking to each other or playing like normal kids, they sit there quietly and play on the phones like little electronic junkies. No one else seems to notice this or think it is odd. If I had kids, I would make them go outside and wouldn't allow them to use phones, laptops, or other devices for more than an hour a day (other than school work).

I shared the same sentiment as you for many years. But I was a social outcast for doing so. My facebook has been deactivated since 09 or 10' i believe and many people thought I fell off the planet. Recently I've tried to recontact some of them and I just feel out of the loop.

I am in my mid 20's. It's tough to fight the majority trend in situations like these... We are the generation that created this digital age. Sad but I think it's just one of those "moving along with the times."

When facebook first launched I was onboard back in 2004. I never thought it would escalate to the popularity of what it is today. Back when it launched it existed for people in elite-level colleges only to help one another connect socially and help create "events" and help each other with studying. In my age group, if you don't have a facebook you pretty much don't exist in many people's eyes unless you were to make an effort to maintain contact with them or you tend to run into them on a regular basis.

I feel you though man, if only we could go back to just interpersonal face to face interaction. Nowadays it feels like an online popularity contests which caters to beautiful or above average-in-appearance women.

Last edited:
Never had any of the following...
myspace
facebook
twitter
blogs
tumblr
instagram

fuck all that bullshit.

I shared the same sentiment as you for many years. But I was a social outcast for doing so. My facebook has been deactivated since 09 or 10' i believe and many people thought I fell off the planet. Recently I've tried to recontact some of them and I just feel out of the loop.

I am in my mid 20's. It's tough to fight the majority trend in situations like these... We are the generation that created this digital age. Sad but I think it's just one of those "moving along with the times."

When facebook first launched I was onboard back in 2004. I never thought it would escalate to the popularity of what it is today. Back when it launched it existed for people in elite-level colleges only to help one another connect socially and help create "events" and help each other with studying. In my age group, if you don't have a facebook you pretty much don't exist in many people's eyes unless you were to make an effort to maintain contact with them or you tend to run into them on a regular basis.

Yeah i tell ppl i dont have a facebook and they look at me crazy. I'm 32 BTW but hell even senior citizens have one.

I feel you though man, if only we could go back to just interpersonal face to face interaction. Nowadays it feels like an online popularity contests which caters to beautiful or above average-in-appearance women.

I like being "kinda hidden" Fuck everybody trying to contact me. I dont even like to text that much, gets on my nerves
in bold

One benefit I have found about not having a facebook, however, is when you are single and you tend to date multiple women at the same time.

The girl you meet won't be snooping in your business and trying to "figure you out" by adding you on facebook. She also won't know about any of the other women you are currently seeing since you are just dating around and testing the waters. You can maintain a sense of mystery about yourself which is very beneficial.

However, if you want to maintain contacts with close friends that have moved away I feel it is beneficial. You can't exactly text/call every single friend that you know every weekend just to say hi. You can broadcast your own life everyone can follow you and keep up with you.

Sucks but that's just how it is nowadays. Since we have the option people exploit it or use it to their own benefit. Such as all in life.

Also, if you think it's bad in your generation as a 32 year old, imagine how bad it is as a mid 20's person. Imagine how much WORSE it is for someone aged 15. I have come across 15 year olds on facebook with over 1000 friends. How is that possible?

On top of that they have instagram, tumblr, twitter, all this other modern day crap to keep up with. Then you got the forums.

Last edited:
One benefit I have found about not having a facebook, however, is when you are single and you tend to date multiple women at the same time.

The girl you meet won't be snooping in your business and trying to "figure you out" by adding you on facebook. She also won't know about any of the other women you are currently seeing since you are just dating around and testing the waters. You can maintain a sense of mystery about yourself which is very beneficial.
So true
However, if you want to maintain contacts with close friends that have moved away I feel it is beneficial. You can't exactly text/call every single friend that you know every weekend just to say hi. You can broadcast your own life everyone can follow you and keep up with you.
In all honesty, if i dont take time to keep in touch with you then i really dont care. I have 3 close friends and they dont have facebook and 2 of them live in different cities but i text/call/visit them a few times a year. Everybody else are just ppl i know but whatever.
Sucks but that's just how it is nowadays. Since we have the option people exploit it or use it to their own benefit. Such as all in life.

Also, if you think it's bad in your generation as a 32 year old, imagine how bad it is as a mid 20's person. Imagine how much WORSE it is for someone aged 15. I have come across 15 year olds on facebook with over 1000 friends. How is that possible?
I prolly still wouldnt have one when if i was 15. I've always been anti. I was on the football team in HS and i remember when they had a athlete-christian prayer at the flag pole. So the following week i post flyers around school "athlete devil prayer at the cemetery" LOL!!!!
On top of that they have instagram, tumblr, twitter, all this other modern day crap to keep up with. Then you got the forums.

IN bold

sucks getting old I guess. I have instagram like it too.

Love Instagram! Have been on for a few years now. Add me :) _itsjustrobbieok

Instagram lol.... I luv when tha whores do all ther makeup, wear sum lingerie lookin outfit, put tha filter of tha camera on, and take pix stickin ther ass out or in lyke sex positions... They do this just sitting around tha house bored I guess hahhahahah.... Ther wholeeee day iz based on if they got enuf "likes"... Its fuckin rediculous, as if they don't get enough attention from everyguy since they were 15 tryin to fuck them in HS... I use to only get pix like thse from girls I waz datin, now these whores put these pix up and have 2000 friends and 10000 subscribers and shit...so weird...

Ps- one of my fav things lol- I luvvvv when you see a girl on ther with makeup to tha max, extensions, fake eye lashes, fake tits, fake nailz,fake tan, ass injected to tha max... Talkin bout- where can I find a REAL man... Hahhahahaha, it craks me up everytiime...

Instagram lol.... I luv when tha whores do all ther makeup, wear sum lingerie lookin outfit, put tha filter of tha camera on, and take pix stickin ther ass out or in lyke sex positions... They do this just sitting around tha house bored I guess hahhahahah.... Ther wholeeee day iz based on if they got enuf "likes"... Its fuckin rediculous, as if they don't get enough attention from everyguy since they were 15 tryin to fuck them in HS... I use to only get pix like thse from girls I waz datin, now these whores put these pix up and have 2000 friends and 10000 subscribers and shit...so weird...

Ps- one of my fav things lol- I luvvvv when you see a girl on ther with makeup to tha max, extensions, fake eye lashes, fake tits, fake nailz,fake tan, ass injected to tha max... Talkin bout- where can I find a REAL man... Hahhahahaha, it craks me up everytiime...

lmfao!!!

**broken link removed**

awesome! AGREE!!

I'm 19 and I don't even really know what Instagram is. But it is true about how addicting those social websites are. I have friends who get really anxious if they haven't checked their Facebook all day, almost like crack fiends or something.

But I will say that for planning events and getting publicity they're indispensable.

all i have heard from close buddies that facebook has done is ruin relationships, marriages and get people in trouble .. why does every one want to air ot there dirty laundry for everyone to see.. if you ask me its embarassing.. I wold never be on a site like that ..

I have had people say oh what about old friends you havent talked to ... etc etc..

My answer is if they dont have my phone # then theres probably a good reason why we havent talked ..

just my opinnion

lmfao!!!

**broken link removed**

Hhahaahahaha.... What's worse iz that those r tha kind I lyke.. Tha over tha top stripper lookin girls tatted out w huge asses...Yea yea, them filterz r fuckin unfair sometimez... I've seen alotttttt of girls pics on instagram and fb that they look one way... Then u set up a date n see these chix in person n think to urself- wtfffff happenedddd!?!? Like 2 diff people... Craziness lmao

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131