HUTCH

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
**broken link removed**

Peter McGough
Team Flex

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have been infomed that Hidetada Yamagishi (Japan's best ever bodybuilder who qualified for last year's Mr. Olympia) was arrested before Christmas at Los Angeles' LAX airport for possesion of controlled substances. We understand he is still in custody and could be released on bail in a few days. We'll keep you posted as this story develops.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the risk of pissing others off!

This sh*t saddens me and it pisses my off. I am not pissed off at the authorities. I can't believe a pro didn't recognize he was going to get phucked along with his carreer.

Have you ever been suspected of trafficing in steroids and come in through US customs?

If you had you would never bring more than about a 2 week amount of legally prescribed medications!

This guy just made about the most serious blunder you could make. You don't move controlled substances on the same plane while traveling.

$180,000 bail. Do you know even if they exagerated the amounts which they always do this is no small legal issue. Start with somewhere aroung $25,000 attorney fees. Do you really think he can distance himself from the product in question?

Let me see?? I got a guy 5"6 who weighs 220lbs coming through customs. What would you be looking for if you were paid to snoop?

Anyhow he and his loved ones pays the price for this and not me or anyone else. Itterribly saddens me. His alternatives were to have the product shipped in via a source with a track record. Or ring up a domestic once he got here.

Even for you guys that think it's okay to travel via plane domestically with lots of gear, you are asking for trouble. Thats what the post office is for.
Plan ahead.

Now I don't know him or the specifics and I hope someone can show me where i misjudge this situation. But over and over and over it again it does appear that most steroid arrests should never have happened.

Allbeef

now he has a jail card to go with his IFBB card! NICE! :rolleyes:

i would be willing to bet that for 180,000 bail and for ins to become involved (by holding him indiffinite) i would venture to guess it has more to do than just personal gear.. there is probably alot more to the story than we know.. thats a hell of a bail...

Guys, I am certainly no pro bber but like most of you I do stick out in an airport line up!! At 6 ft and 270+ you are going to get attention from the snoopers, hell regular people stare hard enough so why wouldn't authorities. Now take Hidetada, this guy jumps out of a line up and just screams "LOOK AT ME". He is a powerful looking guy. So why in the hell would you even consider carrying anything!! and I mean anything. I have been pulled aside with my luggage, after passing through customs, and these guys were customs officers and asked to go with them. They took me into a secure area and literally ripped through every piece of luggage and did a pat down. I asked them why and they replied just a random search sir, that's all. I kept my mouth shut but wanted to say, random my ass. Of course I was clean, I would never consider carrying anything through borders. it is just asking for trouble. So if you guys are travelling remember, this is not a game of hide and seek, they will find what they are looking for if it is in your posession. Hell I won't even carry aspirin in my bags. Nothing!!

It is unfortunate that Hidetada has been caught, but he is a victim of his own circumstance. I hope he can get clear of this, but I would say his career is over!! For now at least!! I agree with the above statement......."PLAN AHEAD". C'mon guys we are smarter than this!!!

thats shitty.

You can pretty much see the US giving him a hell of a time re-newing his visa much less comming back into this country. His days competing in the US may be over.

Even a child molester gets out on less bail. Like Lats said, im sure their was much more involved that we didnt know about. He could have had outstanding warrants,etc... no way personal use would get you shit but you would miss your flight and get a courtdate for some fines. What an idiot though. Who the hell brings shit on the plane. I mean, pills are fine if there are not a ton,and its illegal to assume b/c that bias and will come with a major lawsuit. Oils are ridiculus to bring though. He would have been better off mailing it to his hotel.

lesson learned

dont be a dumbass ...mail your shit to your destination before you leave ....works every time ...

do you think that his high bail has something to do with the fact that he is not a citizen?...

do you think that his high bail has something to do with the fact that he is not a citizen?...

Yes and NO, if he is by the courts judgement a "flight risk" then all they would have to do is pull his Visa or Passport. And he aint going no where. More like Lats said, something more here then the media is saying, or NOT saying.

no one is saying right now what he was caught with.. but, it sure was not personal stash of gear.. i made a couple of calls today and no one seems to know much.. but, everyone is shocked.. most liked hide and said he was a great guy..

We all made some bad choices in life, but dam come on that is a number one rule when traveling

I think the high bail was for shock factor. He's not like the average Joe.... he's an IFBB pro... They expect people to know.... Thats why they set the high bail to show people its not worth smuggling $1K worth of gear with you. In my opinion......

Does anyne knows how this can affect his legal status as Permanent Resident in USA ( i asume he is a permanent resident).

I hope all the best for him, he is a nice guy and is a very true guy to admire.

Does anyne knows how this can affect his legal status as Permanent Resident in USA ( i asume he is a permanent resident).

I hope all the best for him, he is a nice guy and is a very true guy to admire.

I would think that they could take it away unless he is a citizen. I'm not 100% sure though.

I wonder how many rec. drug smugglers made it thru LAX on that same day. THe crackdown on gear is in full effect.

i had just heard that it was in his carry on.. (whatever it was).. how frickin' stupid do you have to be to try and get it on carry on..?

i had just heard that it was in his carry on.. (whatever it was).. how frickin' stupid do you have to be to try and get it on carry on..?

Maybe he did not fully understand U.S. laws. I am sure he has already contacted or been contacted by Collins on this one.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131