over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Short VS long esters for contest prep.

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Everyone always advocates using short esters for contest prep- test prop, tren ace, etc seem to be the norm. Is there anyone using test e or test c, or tren e for their prep? It might not be optimal but is a heck of a lot more economical. Just a question that has popped into my head as I get ready for my prep this year.

works great

not only is it economical, if thats a factor, its also easier to run high dose with enathate than injecting prop every day. eventually you will run out of spots with prop or have to do spot injections week before your show and might have lumps that could be mistaken for synthol etc..

this has been brought up before and EMERIC can tell you that enanthate actually releases as fast or faster than prop. so use enanthate. you can search and find the thread, its a pretty long one. but i know more than only EMERIC advocates using enanthate for contests. -JS

Thank you JS. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I've had that happen...test prop, the week before a show, and having a lump..sucked cost me a few placings to

Ever notice that nobody ever says "i'm gonna run as much acetate and propionate as possible!"? Same goes for "Decanoate and Enanthate!". Why? The drug itself is what's causing the desired effect.

If you're looking for steady blood levels, you need to choose longer esters. The only time short esters are best: 1- if you're experimenting with a new compound (such as trenbolone) where you don't know if the desired effects have undesirable side effects. 2- if you're trying to get something out of your system and gauge more accurately.

I also think that when people drop things before a show, that CAUSES more water retention issues due to instability of the hormonal balance.

Ever notice that nobody ever says "i'm gonna run as much acetate and propionate as possible!"? Same goes for "Decanoate and Enanthate!". Why? The drug itself is what's causing the desired effect.

If you're looking for steady blood levels, you need to choose longer esters. The only time short esters are best: 1- if you're experimenting with a new compound (such as trenbolone) where you don't know if the desired effects have undesirable side effects. 2- if you're trying to get something out of your system and gauge more accurately.

I also think that when people drop things before a show, that CAUSES more water retention issues due to instability of the hormonal balance.

i have NEVER understood why guys will be on high amounts of test to be big and ripped then get off it for a show, wtf? don't you want to be big and ripped for the show?:confused:
i would never drop something that basically made me look the way i look... test is best:D -JS

Thanks again guys for the quick honest answers. This just reassured my own thoughts on the matter and I'm glad to hear from people that have been there before.

this was a great read, its always nice to know what real world dudes do and how it effects them.

I ran tren enanthate right up until my show.I will probably run test enanthate for my next show.I was sore as hell the last 2 weeks before my show from pinning winny and prop everyday.Plus the masteron and tren.Shit there wasn't one part of my body that didn't hurt.I finished the last ten days pinning the winny in my pecs because everywhere else was sore.

I've taken long and short estered Test and in my experience there is zero difference between them in terms of water retention. Now, I'm not a mega dose kind of guy either so maybe that's different; however, even if it is, I can't imagine it's anything an AI cant take care of. I would always go with long estered test.

If I do a 12 week prep: how about running enth for the first 8 weeks and then switching to prop for the final 4 just to minimize water? I get worse sides from prop.

i wouldnt

If I do a 12 week prep: how about running enth for the first 8 weeks and then switching to prop for the final 4 just to minimize water? I get worse sides from prop.

just stay with the enanthate. specially if ou get worse sides with prop. diet will determine bloat NOT ester IMO. -JS

Test is test. Why would you hold less water? You'll just have to stick yourself more often and your blood levels will probably be more uneven.

People say prop makes you hold less water because it's short acting... but that makes no sense. The drug itself, not the ester, is what causes 100% of the effects. It winds up just being a big pain in the ass, literally.

test (insert any ester)+ arimidex=teh win.

long esters are usually cheaper, more stable blood levels with less frequent injects, and there's usually no difference between the effect of long and short estered stuff... that's my opinion.

but a question i asked a guy about a while ago...
"if you are going to deplete your water by using a diuretic or whatever, why do you cut out the test or switch to a short ester? is the water from estrogen magical in some way and won't get affected by the depletion process or diuretic?"

long esters are usually cheaper, more stable blood levels with less frequent injects, and there's usually no difference between the effect of long and short estered stuff... that's my opinion.

but a question i asked a guy about a while ago...
"if you are going to deplete your water by using a diuretic or whatever, why do you cut out the test or switch to a short ester? is the water from estrogen magical in some way and won't get affected by the depletion process or diuretic?"

My avatar pic was with no anti estrogen and 500mgs of test a week...just water depleted..but I think using something arimidex can help you during the prep to drop bodyfat in areas like the legs according to some...who knows...my upper body was fairly tight, but my legs werent as striated as they could be.

Surprised to see no one mentioned Test Cyp. Does no one use it anymore?

I think the point here is that Test is Test...Enanathate, cypionate, it really doesn't matter. Both are considered longer acting compared to prop. I think you'd be fine either way.

I think the point here is that Test is Test...Enanathate, cypionate, it really doesn't matter. Both are considered longer acting compared to prop. I think you'd be fine either way.

So why do so many swear by prop for cutting? Is it just a common mistake. How many competitive bodybuilder have used enth for contest prep?

So why do so many swear by prop for cutting? Is it just a common mistake. How many competitive bodybuilder have used enth for contest prep?

Because they blindly go into a "cutting cycle" they read on the internet or by some nobody guru. They diet hard and are amazed at the results... which are from DIET AND TRAINING. These people haven't honestly given longer esters a try.

Most Christians SWEAR that they're right. They KNOW they're right... but they've never tried being Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, etc. It's just the first one they pick. That's my dumn analogy for you.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws