over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet

Efferding at Costco. This whole thread in 7 min.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzxK0Knyhyo"]Shopping to Feed the Mountain - YouTube[/ame]

Very interested in this!

**broken link removed**

DL and save...for the second time.

You're welcome.

I think the concept is interesting. But I enjoy variety of foods. Steak, whole eggs, and salmon is probably the best protein sources in my opinion but I wouldn’t eat them for every meal due to the saturated fat that come with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also interested. The whole orange juice, salt post workout and red meat for the majority of meals seem interesting , he did a interview a year or so ago saying Dexter Jackson got him started on it. Increased reps with 90 second rest in between with meals being increased from 6 to 7 to 8 once your body adapts. Only macro nutrient packed foods easily processed and digested and no shakes or bars.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I've added more sea salt when clean eating and dieting (which can tend to be low sodium) and it does make a difference.

Triple Zero salted caramel Greek yogurt with actual sea salt sprinkled on it... Amazing.

Its loads of beef and rice with moderate healthy fats. All over IG and podcasts. Nothing new.

It's actually crazy how something so basic can be looked at as revolutionary because it has a new cool name lol. No disrespect to Stan or anyone else thats interested but its a very basic concept that has worked for certain folks for a long time.

THIS. It's nothing new or profound. It's just a healthy diet lol. He put his personal brand on it and because he has a following it's taking off. People are doing the same shit with keto right now. Throwing their name on it and acting like they have some special secret and making money off of it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on it at all. If you can tell people something they should already know and make money off of it, go for it lol.

Trainlikeaboss, read what I posted again. There is no mention of shakes anywhere. What I posted is the vertical diet.

THIS. It's nothing new or profound. It's just a healthy diet lol. He put his personal brand on it and because he has a following it's taking off. People are doing the same shit with keto right now. Throwing their name on it and acting like they have some special secret and making money off of it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on it at all. If you can tell people something they should already know and make money off of it, go for it lol.

You guys are crazy, it's totally different from anything we've seen, this diet includes baby carrots, hence totally revolutionary.

You guys are crazy, it's totally different from anything we've seen, this diet includes baby carrots, hence totally revolutionary.
4oz oj between meals to stimulate liver and metabolism! Boooom. Mind blown.
$100 for 52 page PDF of his neurotic tendencies transformed into a eating plan.

Nothing revolutionary. Anything blatantly wrong or bad? Not really. If you eat the same basic shit over and over, you will enhance digestive efficiency. He has a lot of good points too.

It's interesting but I don't take it as gospel. Don't dislike the guy's or the plan. Each to his own.

Last edited:
I've added more sea salt when clean eating and dieting (which can tend to be low sodium) and it does make a difference.

Triple Zero salted caramel Greek yogurt with actual sea salt sprinkled on it... Amazing.

That sounds pretty good. I will have to try it. We keep Triple Zero around the house a lot as my wife loves it. I eat it occasionally when I remember it's there!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Haha hilarious....totally agree! 4 oz of OJ between meals really makes a difference. Following this diet would be a full time job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched a Q and A last night on this and it sounds basically like a typical offseason diet IMO. Red meat, white rice, and spinach are already my staple foods the majority of the time.

A lot of red meat/rice and gradually increase the frequency of meals.

Am I missing something besides the orange juice/caffeine and cutting out shakes?

The real idea behind his diet (which in reality was formed based on the writings of Dr. Ray Peat)... stimulate metabolism thru frequent carb meals including sugar (OJ), Improve digestion/endotoxin (OJ, Raw Carrot), and most importantly eliminate as much PUFA (Polyunsaturated fatty acids like vegetable oil, Canola, etc) from the diet as possible as these are catabolic, destroy health and metabolism....

Another thing Ray Peat strongly advises is keeping Serotonin to a minimum.. and dopamine levels high. Has been working great for me. I follow Ray Peat more so than Efferding tho.

Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context
Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot ? Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Unsaturated Vegetable Oils: Toxic
Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation

Browsing the RayPeatForum or functionalps will help you decipher some of his long winded writings...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws