over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The preworkout thread

I have just mentioned it in my log thread. It's called Sedative by Glaxon but I haven't used it yet. It contains a good mixture of ingredients so I am hoping for the best. I will probably try it tomorrow night. Here are it's ingredients...

Looks good

Curious why they don't use actual Tryptophan as opposed to the 5-hydroxy version

Also Elvia, you probably already know this but I seem to recall you're on an SRI, be careful with adding 5-HTP to that. (it's contraindicated) I'm sure you'll be fine given the low dose of 5-HTP though.

Looks good

Curious why they don't use actual Tryptophan as opposed to the 5-hydroxy version

As Jeroendebleser posted it's probably due to the fact 5-HTP crosses the blood brain barrier more effectively. 5-HTP doesn't require a transport molecule and many other aminos need the same molecule so are basically competing with l-tryptophan so a lot of it doesn't enter the central nervous system. L-tryptophan also needs the enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase to be turned into serotonin and many factors can effects it's production including vitamin b6 and magnesium deficiency and stress.

Also Elvia, you probably already know this but I seem to recall you're on an SRI, be careful with adding 5-HTP to that. (it's contraindicated) I'm sure you'll be fine given the low dose of 5-HTP though.

That's the exact reason why I have always avoided products containing 5-HTP. I first used 5-HTP approx 10 years ago (before the SSRI) and I really liked it but I haven't used it since. I actually came off my SSRI so that's why I have added it in. I have avoided similar sleeping products in the past because of the possibility of serotonin syndrome. Although as you posted the 5-HTP dose in the product is very low. Moreover when I was on citalopram (celaxa) I was only using 10mg which was a very low dose and I know many who use 30-40mg so I doubt it would have been an issue combining both doses anyway.

Been training with zero preworkout lately and I like it. I do drink some dextrose and lemon juice during the workout, but that's it. In my view the lack of stims has helped me recover and grow better.

Been training with zero preworkout lately and I like it. I do drink some dextrose and lemon juice during the workout, but that's it. In my view the lack of stims has helped me recover and grow better.

I went from consuming well over a gram of caffeine every day to just having a glass of tea preworkout. Feels so much better. Even better workouts. Everyone needs a break from stims, eventually.

the only thing i hate about excelcior is it makes my cock soft for the next 1.5 days.

I have never had any issues but it defijnitely does shrink it (flaccid). Most strong stimulants do the same. Rhino Rampage is no different and I noticed it tonight. Went to the toilet in the gym before training and was thinking wtf happened :eek::D

Would love to hear some more on that sleeping product that you were going to try ;)
Please tell us more about the sleep product. I've been a chronic insomniac all my life. Benadryl, melatonin, (valerian root, zma sometimes) strong, indica heavy cannabis and even those are no guarantee.

I tried it last night because I only had 6 hours to sleep so I figured I need something to improve the quality of my sleep. I am impressed but I need to use it a few more times to gain a better understanding of the product. I definitely felt it but nothing overpowering but I was tired to begin with. The quality of my sleep was really good and most importantly I woke up feeling good and not groggy. It states to use it 90 mins before going to bed but that is far too long. I will use it more this week to find out how good it is at making you fall asleep and also more on the sleep quality.

I should add I recently tried phenibut. The label stated 1-3 caps for stress/anxiety which can be taken 2-4 times daily. Plus for a sleep aid to take 2-6 caps before bed. I tried 1 cap in the daytime I didn't feel much and the next day 2 caps and again not much. The following day I figured I will try 4 caps pre bed for sleep. Nothing crazy when going from the label. Anyway I didn't feel it in the night but when I woke up I felt horrible. I have never been so groggy in my life and it took about 8 hours to finally go away. I have been told it's very effective but I am not going to use it again. Someone I knew had a really bad time/addiction to it as well. I figured just trial it but definitely not again as I felt that bad from it.

I tried it last night because I only had 6 hours to sleep so I figured I need something to improve the quality of my sleep. I am impressed but I need to use it a few more times to gain a better understanding of the product. I definitely felt it but nothing overpowering but I was tired to begin with. The quality of my sleep was really good and most importantly I woke up feeling good and not groggy. It states to use it 90 mins before going to bed but that is far too long. I will use it more this week to find out how good it is at making you fall asleep and also more on the sleep quality.

I should add I recently tried phenibut. The label stated 1-3 caps for stress/anxiety which can be taken 2-4 times daily. Plus for a sleep aid to take 2-6 caps before bed. I tried 1 cap in the daytime I didn't feel much and the next day 2 caps and again not much. The following day I figured I will try 4 caps pre bed for sleep. Nothing crazy when going from the label. Anyway I didn't feel it in the night but when I woke up I felt horrible. I have never been so groggy in my life and it took about 8 hours to finally go away. I have been told it's very effective but I am not going to use it again. Someone I knew had a really bad time/addiction to it as well. I figured just trial it but definitely not again as I felt that bad from it.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it could have potential. As you continue to use it, please let us know how you like it :)

I have just googled it and can see a US site straightaway. The fuckers have it for $20 off as well. I have to get it from the UK and last time I paid £66 which is $83 :(:(
First day using it. By the way thanks for the heads up on the soft dick AFTER I order it guys! Hahaha jk

I like it but for unexpected reasons. Started with a half scoop empty stomach then added another half 40 min later. With my current stim usage being high I figure next time I’ll start at one full scoop maybe scoop and a half. It feels more like good adderal to me than a normal pre workout rush and I like that a lot. It’s definitely long acting so if I crash at all it won’t be for a long time. I see the benefits of coming down from it with something before bed. Anyway it’s a lot different than what I was expecting but in a really good way I’m glad I discovered it on this thread and finally gave it a try.

First day using it. By the way thanks for the heads up on the soft dick AFTER I order it guys! Hahaha jk

I like it but for unexpected reasons. Started with a half scoop empty stomach then added another half 40 min later. With my current stim usage being high I figure next time I’ll start at one full scoop maybe scoop and a half. It feels more like good adderal to me than a normal pre workout rush and I like that a lot. It’s definitely long acting so if I crash at all it won’t be for a long time. I see the benefits of coming down from it with something before bed. Anyway it’s a lot different than what I was expecting but in a really good way I’m glad I discovered it on this thread and finally gave it a try.

How long did you feel the effects for?

Just wanted to add that I ordered a bottle of Imperial nutrition's thermal spark when I ordered some Excelsior. One cap of the stuff is outstanding! No jitters and plenty of lasting energy. I'll say again that I normally refuse to buy prop blends but I make exceptions if enough trustworthy guys endorse them. And this one is a good buy. I think it would probably make a great combo with just 8g of bulk citruline powder. Just wanted to share that. Take care guys.

I have been using Rhino Rampage and Fusion Supplements Obliterate recently. I have used Rhino Rampage a lot and Obiliterate just twice so far. I have to state both of these are fantastic. They are both up there with the best I have used. I gave my mate one serving of Rhino Rampage and he thought it was incredible. He said it's the 2nd best preworkout he has ever used (Excelsior is his first). I only get benefits from Rhino Rampage and no side effects so it's definitely up there.

In the reviews many reported a major crash from Fusion Supplements Obliterate. I did experience one first time round but nothing too bad. This time I have felt great and it's been about 10 hours since I dosed it. The feel good factor for this one is incredible and it even beats Rhino Rampage. Both times I have taken it I have wanted to go crazy in the gym. I am injured (training around it) now and purposely used it to give me a big boost and it really did. I usually just comment on effectiveness but it's worth mentioning if using 1 scoop you get 25 servings and I didn't pay too much for it so the value of money is there (compared to some I have used recently). Plus 1 scoop of this hits me very hard. It's worth nothing the "shrinkage" is major like excelsior and it makes me think something extra has been added to it. The company who makes it sells a lot of strong products. The flavour is tiger blood but it tastes like a tropical cocktail (pineapple and coconut etc).

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear