over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

This is where bodybuilding has evolved

The ones who lift the heaviest look the best imo.

Im a bitch when it comes to lifting heavy. I use to love lifting heavy when I was younger. Just throw shit around not the best form hell not even a lot of reps but that's when I grew the most. Pounding food and lifting heavy.

Now I feel like a rusty door hinge. my elbows are junk. my knees hurt. Deca is my best friend

Ha ha I feel the same way. I have a younger kid at work that asks me about lifting all the time. He asked how much I bench and I told him you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

For me and my goals using moderate weight to challenge myself is the way to go because at 35 I have had an MRI on both shoulders and lower back. Not to mention all the nagging injuries.

I have utmost respect for the powerlifters that do this for years. As far as bodybuilding goes I love the old school look of every single guy in Pumping Iron. Even Sergio Olivia back in the day.

I always love your posts tr but I kinda disagree with you here..

The absolute best guys know when to go heavy, know when to go light, all for the sake of staying healthy and injury free.

Of course the best of the best will still be taking ALOT of risks by training heavy but this will come along with training as intelligently as absolutely possible... Intelligence is the number one key to success here..

It never comes down to one extreme over the other as the best method, it's a combination that will always equal the most INTELLIGENT training which will always create the best physique possible for that certain individual. How do we know what is the best method for us as individuals? Striving to learn to the point of absolute obsession exactly how our individual bodies respond to certain stimuli and exactly what our individual bodies can handle.

The absolute best example that comes to my mind?

John Meadows with MD training. Absolute genius at creating the most efficient and effective training system which incorporates insane heavy weights as well as miniscule amounts of weight to which he has created one of the most filled out yet lean physiques for his own personal frame that is humanly possible.

"Best amateur bodybuilder" (hopefully the amateur part will no longer apply in just a few hrs...)

**broken link removed**

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

John looks great! Very very impressive physique - condition wise, I would say even shape wise, but not size wise. Size wise he is not even close to the guys I mentioned, who lifted heavy weight all day long (Ronnie, Cormier, Levrone, El sonbatty, Jean pear Fux, Francois, Tom Prince, Matt Duvall, Kovacs, early Cutler, Eddie Moyzan, Hernon, Ruhl, Yates, Kamali, Denis James). And actually your example with John does not fit very well here if you was trying to say that oposite things works. From what I know John trains heavy and very hard, old school, he is not afraid of overtraining which is so popular these days. GH15 and B-boyd character fits here better - take your hormones and let them do the work, while eating what you want and going to the gym to lift some weights from time to time...

and about cheat meals, is John good example that cheats are good for bodybuilding? He gets shredded as fukc, so probably yes? But is he big and shredded so probably not? I see it very simple...to lose fat weight, you need to eat x amount cals a week, not less not more if you will eat more you wont lose fat weight if you will eat less you will lose fat and muscle weight, so you have x amount of cals to lose weight, you can fill it all with clean macronutrients, provide as much good nutrients as you body needs to grow and recover, and you can eat the same aount of cals durng the week by eating junk + less good food, less good nutrients insted of junk - if you are not giving max amount of nutritents you can while stil losing fat you are risking too lose some muscle weight in the process, yes you will get shredded as fukc, lean as fukc because you will consume the same amount of cals in your diet, but you will get less good nutrients, you have to undereat good food to make space to junk food. Getting shredded is easy, getting shreddd while maintaining muscle or even growing is a lot harder. If John would look the same as someone like Phil Hernon I would say fukc my first post was bs, I think Phil H is perfect example what heavy heavy weights, lots of good food (I might be wrong but I do not think he had 3-4000cal planned cheat ew to "spike" his metabolsim...) and some supps can do.

John looks great! Very very impressive physique - condition wise, I would say even shape wise, but not size wise.

You Ok man? You seeing things straight lately? Haven't seen you post on the board for awhile, something happen while you were gone?

I'm sorry but I couldn't take a single word you said seriously after the size comment. My jaw hit the floor and I stopped reading at that point.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

John looks great! Very very impressive physique - condition wise, I would say even shape wise, but not size wise. Size wise he is not even close to the guys I mentioned, who lifted heavy weight all day long (Ronnie, Cormier, Levrone, El sonbatty, Jean pear Fux, Francois, Tom Prince, Matt Duvall, Kovacs, early Cutler, Eddie Moyzan, Hernon, Ruhl, Yates, Kamali, Denis James). And actually your example with John does not fit very well here if you was trying to say that oposite things works. From what I know John trains heavy and very hard, old school, he is not afraid of overtraining which is so popular these days. GH15 and B-boyd character fits here better - take your hormones and let them do the work, while eating what you want and going to the gym to lift some weights from time to time...

and about cheat meals, is John good example that cheats are good for bodybuilding? He gets shredded as fukc, so probably yes? But is he big and shredded so probably not? I see it very simple...to lose fat weight, you need to eat x amount cals a week, not less not more if you will eat more you wont lose fat weight if you will eat less you will lose fat and muscle weight, so you have x amount of cals to lose weight, you can fill it all with clean macronutrients, provide as much good nutrients as you body needs to grow and recover, and you can eat the same aount of cals durng the week by eating junk + less good food, less good nutrients insted of junk - if you are not giving max amount of nutritents you can while stil losing fat you are risking too lose some muscle weight in the process, yes you will get shredded as fukc, lean as fukc because you will consume the same amount of cals in your diet, but you will get less good nutrients, you have to undereat good food to make space to junk food. Getting shredded is easy, getting shreddd while maintaining muscle or even growing is a lot harder. If John would look the same as someone like Phil Hernon I would say fukc my first post was bs, I think Phil H is perfect example what heavy heavy weights, lots of good food (I might be wrong but I do not think he had 3-4000cal planned cheat ew to "spike" his metabolsim...) and some supps can do.

size wise? Wtf are you talking about? John is a heavy and bboy is a light heavy.

In my opinion, the best physiques were guys who trained for the pump, high volume and high frequency. But these were guys that can grow from doing that sort of thing. And these guys tend to have full muscle bellies, that roundness and pop to their muscles. They are still strong but they don't train for strength.

Heavy lifters tend to have a denser-looking, more granite-type and blocky physiques. They also tend to tear shit up and their bodies seem to "wear out" faster.

This is just from what I've observed, but genetics play a huge role of course.

Last edited:
I meant they are so big they have no asthetics, in clothes they look like fat pregnant men.

They are trying to lift the most weight they can so in that way they remind me of fat powerlifters who look shitty and no one thinks they lift only with more veins.

OK all the parts are the right size in relation but there's a limit to what the human body can carry and still look good. Part of looking good is looking human and functional.

There is a certain point where all that muscle gets in your way and decreases your survivability and that is where it looks ridiculous.

You have someone who is full of muscles but is out of breath tying his shoes, has a bloated face full of wrinkles and a gut.

I don't think most of these bodybuilders think they will end up this way or they think it is just temporary but one day you see a picture of yourself and you are like "is this really what I look like?".

I think the 80s were the last time that any normal man actually wanted to look like one of the Olympia contenders.

Well one thing's for sure, the general population does not see a top-level bodybuilder as visually pleasing nor attractive. Add in the obsessive nutrition and training, selfish vanity, and illegal nature of their lifestyle and you aren't really putting the sport in a friendly public eye. Then you further add in the fact that being big is detrimental to health and regular activities become laborious, most people will never understand why people get caught up in this "sport"

And yes, in the offseason, a bodybuilder with enough muscle relative to his height to step on stage, will look like a fat guy to the general public in winter clothing such as sweaters and sweatpants even if they're just 10% and holding water. I mean, what kind of 5'9" 260lb guy wears a XXXL sweater and XXXL pants? Most people will guess he is fat, even if your traps and delts are showing through. People will just say "he's big" which for normal people, is a nice way of telling someone they are fat.

From the outside looking in, not many people will understand bodybuilders go the lengths they go. Most people think that people want to gain muscle to look good to everyone else, and they perceive them as going so far as to end up with a result that is the opposite, making them unattractive not only from the product of their grotesque levels of musculature but also the lifestyle they are now engulfed in.

And yes, Arnold and Zane were probably the last olympias that had a look that appealed to the general public, but even then arnold was pushing it. His height made his muscle look less cartoonish, vs a short blocky franco colombu.

Last edited:
Well one thing's for sure, the general population does not see a top-level bodybuilder as visually pleasing nor attractive. Add in the obsessive nutrition and training, selfish vanity, and illegal nature of their lifestyle and you aren't really putting the sport in a friendly public eye. Then you further add in the fact that being big is detrimental to health and regular activities become laborious, most people will never understand why people get caught up in this "sport"

And yes, in the offseason, a bodybuilder with enough muscle relative to his height to step on stage, will look like a fat guy to the general public in winter clothing such as sweaters and sweatpants even if they're just 10% and holding water. I mean, what kind of 5'9" 260lb guy wears a XXXL sweater and XXXL pants? Most people will guess he is fat, even if your traps and delts are showing through. People will just say "he's big" which for normal people, is a nice way of telling someone they are fat.

From the outside looking in, not many people will understand bodybuilders go the lengths they go. Most people think that people want to gain muscle to look good to everyone else, and they perceive them as going so far as to end up with a result that is the opposite, making them unattractive not only from the product of their grotesque levels of musculature but also the lifestyle they are now engulfed in.

And yes, Arnold and Zane were probably the last olympias that had a look that appealed to the general public, but even then arnold was pushing it. His height made his muscle look less cartoonish, vs a short blocky franco colombu.

T, you seem to stereo type a lot. I walk around at 300 and have never ever been called fat. Maybe it's because I'm 6'3, so I'm stretched out a bit. I find the general public does think I look pretty good. I rarely get people saying Im gross or a freak. I think it all depends on how you carry yourself. If you walk around mad,people will be intimidated and scared. But if you walk around relaxed with a smile on your face, people will feel comfortable around you, and will approach you with positivity.

What is your definition of heavy and intense training? I see no reason how short rest periods in the 12-20 rep range and supersets and drop sets are not intense? And if you push all the weight you can in that rep range with your rest periods is that not heavy?

Also saying JM is small discredits pretty much anything that was posted. IMO.

T, you seem to stereo type a lot. I walk around at 300 and have never ever been called fat. Maybe it's because I'm 6'3, so I'm stretched out a bit. I find the general public does think I look pretty good. I rarely get people saying Im gross or a freak. I think it all depends on how you carry yourself. If you walk around mad,people will be intimidated and scared. But if you walk around relaxed with a smile on your face, people will feel comfortable around you, and will approach you with positivity.

Fuck you must look like a house at that height and weight.

Ya alins not so little helper how bout a pic?

Most people in this hobby need to realize they will never be Mr Olympia so risking their health, freedom and not living life just so they can impress complete strangers isnt worth it when its all said and done.

There are guys who take insulin with every meal, dont take their kids on vacation because they blow all their money on gear and they dont even compete. Sure its your life and money so do whatever you want but sometimes you might want to stop and think about why you do what you do and if it will be worth it all when you are 50, broke and have a ton of health problems.

Same here…I'm 6'4" and I've been close to 320 and no one thought I was fat, at least nobody said I looked fat. My wife thinks I'm getting too skinny when I'm in the 275 range, when my face starts looking really sunken in her opinion. However, the public as a whole is fat as hell and people get accustomed to looking at that as normal.

My point exactly.

When I was reading muscle mags in the '80s it was all about how bodybuilding was the ideal lifestyle for health and fitness. Now it's a big joke.

Seeing all the weathered faces is what got me to quit the sauce, I can't stand to see my face all twisted up like that. You have 35 year old guys that look 50 from all the shit they're taking.

I realized I could have a nice face or a huge body but I had to pick, since I'm a handsome guy with sub par genetics I think I made the right choice.

It's probably more the drugs than anything else.

When you get to the point where you have a gut you can't say it's muscle...points should be deducted for pregnant stomach and Barney Rubble head.

Also if you look 50 at 30, then they put you in the master's division where you belong to account for your true physical age, that would level the playing field a bit.

I thought there were some great guys in the 80s and even the 90s though they didn't win Olympias. That was right before it turned to complete shit.

My point exactly.

When I was reading muscle mags in the '80s it was all about how bodybuilding was the ideal lifestyle for health and fitness. Now it's a big joke.

Seeing all the weathered faces is what got me to quit the sauce, I can't stand to see my face all twisted up like that. You have 35 year old guys that look 50 from all the shit they're taking.

I realized I could have a nice face or a huge body but I had to pick, since I'm a handsome guy with sub par genetics I think I made the right choice.

It's probably more the drugs than anything else.

When you get to the point where you have a gut you can't say it's muscle...points should be deducted for pregnant stomach and Barney Rubble head.

Also if you look 50 at 30, then they put you in the master's division where you belong to account for your true physical age, that would level the playing field a bit.

I thought there were some great guys in the 80s and even the 90s though they didn't win Olympias. That was right before it turned to complete shit.

Your post is 100 percent correct. I can guarantee Men's Physique will soon kill bodybuilding. A lot of people with subpar genetics can have that look, pick up tons of girls in the process and its a look that most mainstream people want and you wont have to kill yourself in the process to get there.

People complain that there isnt enough money in Bodybuilding. Be realistic. Why would any big company that is trying to make a profit advertise something to the masses that they arent interested in? Muscletech has ads for its fat burners on mainstream tv all the time but when was the last time you saw Phil Heath in one of those commercials playing during superbowl sunday? Again im not saying you shouldnt pursue your dream of being a drugged up monster if you truly think that will make you happy but keep in mind in the end it might not be worth it :naughty:

Your post is 100 percent correct. I can guarantee Men's Physique will soon kill bodybuilding. A lot of people with subpar genetics can have that look, pick up tons of girls in the process and its a look that most mainstream people want and you wont have to kill yourself in the process to get there.

People complain that there isnt enough money in Bodybuilding. Be realistic. Why would any big company that is trying to make a profit advertise something to the masses that they arent interested in? Muscletech has ads for its fat burners on mainstream tv all the time but when was the last time you saw Phil Heath in one of those commercials playing during superbowl sunday? Again im not saying you shouldnt pursue your dream of being a drugged up monster if you truly think that will make you happy but keep in mind in the end it might not be worth it :naughty:

Not gonna happen.

Thankyou fellas:eek:

I think you made a statement with that pic. I don't expect anyone will call you out again. Looking very thick!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131