over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training bodyparts 1 vs 2 times per week - Experience

Training Frequency

• I've grown better training bodyparts 1x per week

Votes: 97 31.2%
  • I've grown better training bodyparts 2x per week

Votes: 214 68.8%

• Total voters
Not only that, but other than the forced reps that Leroy helps him with, he doesn't do any of the other intensifiers that FLEX (McGough) said he did in the magazines for years. They used to print his workouts stating he did rest-pause, drop sets, negatives, partials etc depending on what the exercise was. There's none of that.

In the vid he goes to positive failure only on the big compound movements for 6 reps and does a few forced reps on a couple back exercises, some partials on side raises for shoulders, a few negatives on the hammer press for chest but that's pretty much it. If he does do intentifiers its on a machine exercise.

Day 1 & 4: Upper body push
Day 2 & 5: Upper body pull
Day 3 & 6: Legs
Day 7 rest

I have tried many different splits, but this one works the best for me. 5 total exercises per workout, 5 working sets per exercise (25 working sets per day). Each workout is about one hour.

I do some form of "cardio" in the afternoons 6 days per week too. Either a long (50 minute) brisk walk, 25 mins on the stairs, or 25 mins of farmer walk intervals.

mine is
legs
chest/back
arms/rear delts

Maybe a more interesting question is whether those who've found higher frequency to be better also found 3 times a week to be better than 2 times a week?

My preferred split is the one popularized by Arnold: chest/back, shoulders/arms, legs, repeat.

I'm bigger than pretty much everyone at my gym and train once per week each body part. It's worked well for me for 15 years... But this thread is making me want to try twice a week. Mentally it screws me up usually when I try to hit more than one a day. After one muscle group I'm usually trashed. I like knowing that after chest, let's just say, I'm going straight home, not thinking about biceps or triceps being next.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm bigger than pretty much everyone at my gym and train once per week each body part. It's worked well for me for 15 years... But this thread is making me want to try twice a week. Mentally it screws me up usually when I try to hit more than one a day. After one muscle group I'm usually trashed. I like knowing that after chest, let's just say, I'm going straight home, not thinking about biceps or triceps being next.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well Marcus Ruhl was a 1 bodypart once per week guy soooo...

Has anyone here gotten truly huge off of a high frequency split?

I dont mean newbie gains, like growing from 170lbs to 195lbs. I mean like growing to 260+? Where you can bench 400+, and squat and deadlift 500+.

I do think that as people get bigger and stronger, they are capable of generating more muscle damage which may take longer to recover from.

Im wondering how well high frequency works for huge bodybuilders trying to get more huge.

muscle damage is found to be not a real factor in growth.
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/muscle-damage/

I dont mean newbie gains, like growing from 170lbs to 195lbs. I mean like growing to 260+? Where you can bench 400+, and squat and deadlift 500+.

I do think that as people get bigger and stronger, they are capable of generating more muscle damage which may take longer to recover from.

Im wondering how well high frequency works for huge bodybuilders trying to get more huge.

Dante touched on this in some older threads. There comes a point when chasing the frequency can be detrimental. 135 lb inclines don't tax the CNS as much as 365 lb inclines. We all wish we could train body parts every day and be huge in 6 months, but it doesn't work like that.

I think beginners should take advantage of the fact that they may not be strong starting out and train body parts 2-3 times a week. If they become human forklifts they should reduce to 1.5-2 times a week as the more advanced they are, the more they need to recover.

In the vid he goes to positive failure only on the big compound movements

lol

Well Marcus Ruhl was a 1 bodypart once per week guy soooo...

Juiced to the gills and full of oil.

Dante touched on this in some older threads. There comes a point when chasing the frequency can be detrimental. 135 lb inclines don't tax the CNS as much as 365 lb inclines. We all wish we could train body parts every day and be huge in 6 months, but it doesn't work like that.

I think beginners should take advantage of the fact that they may not be strong starting out and train body parts 2-3 times a week. If they become human forklifts they should reduce to 1.5-2 times a week as the more advanced they are, the more they need to recover.

lol

Juiced to the gills and full of oil.

You think he doesn't go close to positive failure?

You think he doesn't go close to positive failure?

On some exercises, no. The barbell rows, definitely not. Incline dumbbell flyes looks like he has one or two more. Leg presses, one more. The barbell curls and pulldown movements he is, though.

I'm just going by rep cadence. In my own training I know when I've hit failure based on rep cadence. An 8 rep set for example; reps 1-6 are at the same pace, rep 7 is noticeably slower, the final eighth rep I get stuck in the mid-range for about 2-4 seconds and somehow power it up. I know the ninth rep wouldn't be possible. On movements where there's no load to get stuck under, barbell curls for example, I'll attempt the ninth rep anyway and it doesn't go anywhere, haha. I do that because I'm stubborn and also to draw comparisons to other exercises to make sure I know I gave it my all.

On some exercises, no. The barbell rows, definitely not. Incline dumbbell flyes looks like he has one or two more. Leg presses, one more. The barbell curls and pulldown movements he is, though.

I'm just going by rep cadence. In my own training I know when I've hit failure based on rep cadence. An 8 rep set for example; reps 1-6 are at the same pace, rep 7 is noticeably slower, the final eighth rep I get stuck in the mid-range for about 2-4 seconds and somehow power it up. I know the ninth rep wouldn't be possible. On movements where there's no load to get stuck under, barbell curls for example, I'll attempt the ninth rep anyway and it doesn't go anywhere, haha. I do that because I'm stubborn and also to draw comparisons to other exercises to make sure I know I gave it my all.

and obviously the deadlift he stops at 6 reps and has 2 or 3 left atleast, so yeah maybe a few exercises he does take to failure but really not super hardcore past failure training.

I agree with some of this. I find sometimes....for whatever reason I am able to push my body much harder on some days. Lets say you go in the gym and you were feeling 200% and just abolished your legs. They are dead sore for 5-6 days. There is no way it’s a good idea to train them before they fully heal. I think there is no clear cut answer here just guidelines. Ultimately you have to acces your situation and move forward based on what your body is telling you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recently started doing all upper body every 5 days and
legs every 5 days. I have gotten better results.

Just some random thoughts

I've tried it all as far as training is concerned going from Mike Mentzer HIT (one workout every 2 weeks, that sucked more than you can imagine lol), over Yates HIT, over DC training, over Ironman's HIT (who remembers that DC rip-off?!), over Big Beyond Belief, over my adaptation of Big Beyond Belief if you will, over volume training bodyparts once a week, all the way to Schwarzenegger's high volume high frequency training.

What displeases me about all of it and even though I hate to be the one to be saying this: apart from DC-training (which honestly gave me steroid-like results while still being natural) it all produced results according to my steroid dosages. Nothing worked better in practice than a completely different training style.

What trying new things does seem to accomplish is renewing your (lost) enthusiasm and that is of course always a good thing.

But apart from DC-training, for me personally it doesn't seem to matter much if at all. I try to go by what science says is best to do, however, I'm not convinced it matters much in the grand scheme of things.

But anyone who hasn't tried DC exactly as Dante outlined it should always give that a go. You could be very pleasantly surprised by the results.

Train lighter=2 times per week
Train heavy=1 time per week ( I mean real heavy you pussies LOL)

Train lighter=2 times per week
Train heavy=1 time per week ( I mean real heavy you pussies LOL)

Sounds like you're the pussy that can't get his recovery in order to be able to train heavy twice a week.

It depends on what type of stimulus we are talking about. Fortitude training tags some body parts 3x a week.

If you hammer legs DC style or mountain dog style, most can’t train them again in 72 hours the same way.

But...if you hit them hard Monday, then Thursday you could do lighter pump/recovery work.

If not, most average Genetic guys need to wait till day 5 to slaughter them again.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131