over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training bodyparts 1 vs 2 times per week - Experience

Training Frequency

• I've grown better training bodyparts 1x per week

Votes: 97 31.2%
  • I've grown better training bodyparts 2x per week

Votes: 214 68.8%

• Total voters
An interesting side note on the frequency study. The subjects saw marked increases in growth on the higher volume program over the first 8 weeks; when volume was reduced by 50%, it resulted in no additional increases in muscle over the next 8 weeks (and actually showed a slight non-significant decrease). Again highlights the importance of training volume for hypertrophy, at least up to a given threshold

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17461391.2017.1298673

Brad S

New study on lifting frequency. During a reduced volume phase, no differences in lifting 1 vs 2 days/week for maintaining muscle mass. Again, results must be taken in the context that this was during a reduced volume phase for maintenance of mass, not for maximizing the growth response.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17461391.2017.1298673

Brad S

Depending on if I'm bulking or cutting . Bulking training heavy once a week .Cutting i train 2 times a week

Last edited:
I do every part twice a week except legs, in the off season legs will be hit twice ..

you'll have to train 6 days a week that way, idk if I want to hit the gym that often in the off season

My most consistent strength/size gains were from hitting each body part what worked out to be 2x every 8 days

It's size and strength gaining time for me this time of year. I lift heavy push , pull and legs. I'll do push Monday then do pull and legs Thursday. Then just continue that schedule. So it's 1x a week.
I am getting stronger and bigger each week like this.

When trimming down I'll do every other day with lighter weight and higher reps.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

A natural should find a way to regulate their intensity, volume, frequency, and recovery such that they can train body parts twice a week to maintain elevated protein synthesis levels and optimize gains. Strength gains are also better on twice a week training in my experience.

An enhanced bodybuilder can train body parts once a week with more volume and reap the same (usually better) benefits of a natural due to the ergogenic aids elevating protein synthesis levels for longer duration's. The natural needs to utilize their training more so to keep things in motion all the while keeping recovery in mind.

Day 1 & 4: Upper body push
Day 2 & 5: Upper body pull
Day 3 & 6: Legs
Day 7 rest

I have tried many different splits, but this one works the best for me. 5 total exercises per workout, 5 working sets per exercise (25 working sets per day). Each workout is about one hour.

I do some form of "cardio" in the afternoons 6 days per week too. Either a long (50 minute) brisk walk, 25 mins on the stairs, or 25 mins of farmer walk intervals.

I just love going to the gym so i go as often as I can 2x a week for me per bodypart

A natural should find a way to regulate their intensity, volume, frequency, and recovery such that they can train body parts twice a week to maintain elevated protein synthesis levels and optimize gains. Strength gains are also better on twice a week training in my experience.

An enhanced bodybuilder can train body parts once a week with more volume and reap the same (usually better) benefits of a natural due to the ergogenic aids elevating protein synthesis levels for longer duration's. The natural needs to utilize their training more so to keep things in motion all the while keeping recovery in mind.

In other words, it becomes a bit of a juggling act for the natural. In my experience, this has been true as i've found it's a fine line between busting your ass and still being able to progress and recover & overtraining. I found that i was often teetering on the edge between the two and would end up basically exhausted every few weeks or so and a de-load didn't always help.

Now my training changed alot over the years (PLing as natty vs. very heavy bodybuilding training when younger and gassed) but when supplemented i could work very very hard and with lots of volume and still recover. I was also eating more but also not hitting everybody part twice a week in that time (when younger and "on"). Twice a week i only did as a natty and it was more geared toward PLing with some hypertrophy work thrown in. Overtraining was and has always been a concern in my years training natty (the majority of my lifting). Take that for what it's worth (maybe not much LOL).

Once a week

Even Dorian Yates said that he would train each body part once a week. He said that when he would workout his legs he would be so sore and couldn't move for the next four days that is when he knew it was working for him. A quote from Dorian.

Even Dorian Yates said that he would train each body part once a week. He said that when he would workout his legs he would be so sore and couldn't move for the next four days that is when he knew it was working for him. A quote from Dorian.

This isn't an attack on you personally, but I've grown tried of the "Dorian Defense." Whenever people use any other pro as an example, people scoff because they train with high volume and are genetic elites, but because Dorian's approach was more thought out and meticulous people use him as the be all end all of a discussion. His approach was different, yes, but he still reaped the benefits of great genetics and drugs.

I also think his intensity was greatly exaggerated. Pull up the Blood & Guts clips on youtube and a lot of those exercises look like he has more reps in the tank. Barbell rows and hack squats are prime examples. Just because him and his training partner are screaming their heads off doesn't make them inhuman. His talk about no one on the planet being able to train as hard as him is a joke. Watch Dusty's videos on Instagram or Ben Bruno's old widowmaker sets and that's some serious intensity.

Who has given both options a fair chance?

By "fair" I mean that one didn't grossly over-train with excessive volume or intensity with either method, such that they can accurately compare the positive and negative benefits of an optimal application of both strategies.

This question is probably best reserved for those who have trained for many years, know their body well, and can thus actually determine an "optimum" application of both methods for themselves.

Research would indicate that there's greater stimulus for protein synthesis and growth when body-parts are appropriately trained ~2x per week.

Trained volume my whole life. Switched to a JP style push pull legs, dropped the volume, use a working set to finish each movement then move on. I competed almost 12 pounds heavier at 57 using this in 2018. Less volume more frequency.

He said that when he would workout his legs he would be so sore and couldn't move for the next four days that is when he knew it was working for him.

Hey do you guys remember when I said you should be wary of taking advice from people just because they look good?

Yeah...this is one of those examples.

This isn't an attack on you personally, but I've grown tried of the "Dorian Defense." Whenever people use any other pro as an example, people scoff because they train with high volume and are genetic elites, but because Dorian's approach was more thought out and meticulous people use him as the be all end all of a discussion. His approach was different, yes, but he still reaped the benefits of great genetics and drugs.

I also think his intensity was greatly exaggerated. Pull up the Blood & Guts clips on youtube and a lot of those exercises look like he has more reps in the tank. Barbell rows and hack squats are prime examples. Just because him and his training partner are screaming their heads off doesn't make them inhuman. His talk about no one on the planet being able to train as hard as him is a joke. Watch Dusty's videos on Instagram or Ben Bruno's old widowmaker sets and that's some serious intensity.

I always said the same thing.. On some movements it diffinitely apoears he has a few more reps left in him.. Others like some of back movements he goes to failure and some forced reps.. He never addresses it in the videos..

Frequency is such an important concept of muscle growth.

Dr. Scott I remember broke it down in his series like blowing up a balloon. A balloon referring to the the effects of training stimulus on protein synthesis elevation. A pro might blow a balloon up for 7 days after training (part of the reason they grow so well off anything), you might only yield 2 days worth of elevation and need more frequent stimulus with dialed in recovery...

Dorian was undoubtedly a genetic elite, and as much as I love HIT and progressive overload (a must for long term growth), volume is also a variable thats needed with frequency and recovery to fully maximize growth... Stan efferding said his quads were 4 inches smaller when he was squatting 900 lbs compared to when he was bodybuilding with twice a week leg sessions

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You can do twice a week, when I injured and couldn't do upper body about a full year, I did legs, hit, twice a week, and they were at their biggest, thats been ten years though. Now that im older at 37, and have to work for for money who has time to do all that training. Once a week is getting it done.

It depends, on the body part, I think if you have lagging arms you can do them twice a week, same with calves, for a time being. Like ive done arms and calves two times in six days, a few weeks in a row, then ill back down and do them once a week. Body Parts I put more intensity to like chest, back, shoulders, upper legs once a week.

I always said the same thing.. On some movements it diffinitely apoears he has a few more reps left in him.. Others like some of back movements he goes to failure and some forced reps.. He never addresses it in the videos..

Not only that, but other than the forced reps that Leroy helps him with, he doesn't do any of the other intensifiers that FLEX (McGough) said he did in the magazines for years. They used to print his workouts stating he did rest-pause, drop sets, negatives, partials etc depending on what the exercise was. There's none of that.

Has anyone here gotten truly huge off of a high frequency split?

I dont mean newbie gains, like growing from 170lbs to 195lbs. I mean like growing to 260+? Where you can bench 400+, and squat and deadlift 500+.

I do think that as people get bigger and stronger, they are capable of generating more muscle damage which may take longer to recover from.

Im wondering how well high frequency works for huge bodybuilders trying to get more huge.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131