over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trying to help a friend with severe hip pain

getting my right hip replaced on the 26th of this month. the doc said I could return to work in 2 weeks post surgery if everything goes as well. he also said that i’d be going home the same day as the surgery. I hope he is accurate with his assessment

View attachment 109281

Wow, huge difference between the two hips. Do you know why the one hip is in such bad shape and the other looks fine?

Well that looks pretty horrible...and painful!
Damn Swiper your an otho surgeons dream and nightmare rolled into one!
Shoulder, spine, now hip.
Degenerative joint disease or is this all sports related?

Those who have had hip replacement, why did you need it? What was the cause?

It's usually DJD (degenerative joint disease) cartilage worn out from age/overuse/genetics. Causes bone on bone contact which can be very painful and uncomfortable, decrease range of motion/function of the joint and attached limb.

Other reasons are severe rheumatoid arthritis or necrosis of the joint/surrounding tissues due to infection, these are a lot rarer than DJD which is very common.

Last edited:
Well that looks pretty horrible...and painful!

Damn Swiper your an otho surgeons dream and nightmare rolled into one!

Shoulder, spine, now hip.

Degenerative joint disease or is this all sports related?

Wow, huge difference between the two hips. Do you know why the one hip is in such bad shape and the other looks fine?

i think it’s due to my back issues the past five years and not having correct posture which was/is putting a strain on my right hip. my structure is off.

Tramadol is still a narcotic/opiate, but it has a much lower risk of dependence/addiction development than the other ones.

There is no withdrawals from tramadol, it works like an antidepressant, it binds to your opiate receptors and works on the central nervous system. I was on rocicets , 30mgs, that’s an opiate, I could eat the whole bottle of tramadol and not get high whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no withdrawals from tramadol, it works like an antidepressant, it binds to your opiate receptors and works on the central nervous system. I was on rocicets , 30mgs, that’s an opiate, I could eat the whole bottle of tramadol and not get high whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Data shows there is still a chance of dependence, but significantly lower than other opiates.

In science/medicine we try to avoid the use of the words always, definitely, or never. Everyone is different.

Last edited:
Data shows there is still a chance of dependence, but significantly lower than other opiates.

In science/medicine we try to avoid the use of the words always, definitely, or never. Everyone is different.

I have known people that clung to their Tramadol. It may have just been psychological, but that would still indicate dependence I would think.

i think it’s due to my back issues the past five years and not having correct posture which was/is putting a strain on my right hip. my structure is off.

Ok. That's what I was talking about earlier. How my dad wrecked his right knee because his left hip was destroyed. He finally got surgery on the hip but by that time he had screwed up his right knee, from putting most of his weight on that walking funny to take stress off his left hip.

avascular necrosis secondary to femoral fracture, so that was the first problem, second problem was the 1st and 2nd surgeries i had were done by surgeons that did not know what the fuck they were doing, i got the hell out of there went to a civilian doc that was well known in orthopedic community at that time, showed him films from 1st surgery and he looked at it, laid it on his desk, looked at me, grinned and did not say anything, looked at films post 2nd surgery and said well at least they tried to do the right thing, i told him what that wanted to do for a 3rd surgery, he said hell no you do not want to get that done, if you do you will be in a wheel chair for life before you are 40, needless to say i stayed with him. NO, all docs are not equal.

Strange but Surgeon told me right handed people usually have left hip issues and lefties right side. I'm left and right side went out. Few I know same. Right handed left side and so on.

avascular necrosis secondary to femoral fracture, so that was the first problem, second problem was the 1st and 2nd surgeries i had were done by surgeons that did not know what the fuck they were doing, i got the hell out of there went to a civilian doc that was well known in orthopedic community at that time, showed him films from 1st surgery and he looked at it, laid it on his desk, looked at me, grinned and did not say anything, looked at films post 2nd surgery and said well at least they tried to do the right thing, i told him what that wanted to do for a 3rd surgery, he said hell no you do not want to get that done, if you do you will be in a wheel chair for life before you are 40, needless to say i stayed with him. NO, all docs are not equal.

This is what i tell people on this board all the time. All doctors are not created equal. Most are average/mediocre. The exceptional doctors who are caring and intelligent are probably 15% at most.

"What do you call a doctor who was last in his class? Doctor"

Update:

Apparently my friend found a good doctor.

Official diagnosis is Stage 3 AVN or orthonecrosis of the femoral head.
Will go thru MRI next week to confirm it's Stage 3.

If confirmed, doctor says he'll try de-compression and bone transplant for pain relief. If MRI says it's Stage 4, he'll go straight to full replacement.

He already have some AVN going on the other hip, with no pain at this moment.

Doctor prescribed something called BIOSIL, which is a collagen supplement, hyaluronic acid and AKBA. Plus 25mg tramadol daily.

Guy has psoriasis and has been using steroidal ointments for 25 years, which could have something to do with it.

Full recovery from full replacement should be 6 months, according to new surgeon.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear