over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what i realized about covid life

brutus69

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
for millions of people now, who are bitchin about stuff...this is the life. realize it. no job? still got some unemployment at least. but no work stress or responsibility. no getting up early, no fighting traffic and bad drivers. no dealing with people u dont want to see. u can stay up late and sleep in. eat whatever u want whenever u want. parks and trails are packed, u can play outside all day, ride bikes, climb trees, whatever. people wish they could be kids again, well. here u are. we are living like kids on summer vacation again. even got the govnt as our parents telling us what to do. if people realized that maybe attittudes would change. my positive spin.
cuz when reality sets in when this is "over" and adult responsibilities return...financial ruin for millions, no retirement savings, maybe no job to go back to...they'll wish they could go back to livin like covid kids.

There really isn't any positive to the situation, except maybe kids are getting to see their parents a lot. I think after too long everyone is going to start getting on each others nerves.

I have a feeling the birth rate is going to go up, with men and women being home all day long. That could be good or bad, depending on who is having kids!

I think some of us thrive on a schedule, and enjoy working/ doing things.

That's been the biggest downside for me. I can do bodyweight, band stuff and be okay for a while. Not having my day planned, and doing things at x time is what's hard.

There really isn't any positive to the situation, except maybe kids are getting to see their parents a lot. I think after too long everyone is going to start getting on each others nerves.

I have a feeling the birth rate is going to go up, with men and women being home all day long. That could be good or bad, depending on who is having kids!

The ones that shouldn't be having kids are the ones usually having kids

They decided to close are office starting this coming monday. They want us to work from home.

I asked since nobody will be here can i still come in. thats part of social distancing. my boss agreed to it for now. i need a routine and schedule

for millions of people now, who are bitchin about stuff...this is the life. realize it. no job? still got some unemployment at least. but no work stress or responsibility. no getting up early, no fighting traffic and bad drivers. no dealing with people u dont want to see. u can stay up late and sleep in. eat whatever u want whenever u want. parks and trails are packed, u can play outside all day, ride bikes, climb trees, whatever. people wish they could be kids again, well. here u are. we are living like kids on summer vacation again. even got the govnt as our parents telling us what to do. if people realized that maybe attittudes would change. my positive spin.
cuz when reality sets in when this is "over" and adult responsibilities return...financial ruin for millions, no retirement savings, maybe no job to go back to...they'll wish they could go back to livin like covid kids.

Some people find purpose in their life through their work and even if they could afford to, would not want to live the life of "summer vacation". I get what you are saying and it is nice to break now and then, but after a week or so, you are ready to go back to work. There is a reason why Holidays are only 1 day.

I would hope that global pandemics would put people off of the idea of bringing children into this world

Apparently divorce rates are going even higher.. **EDIT** Don't Start With That!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's however you want to spin it.

I thrive on structure. I can be very outgoing and an extrovert but I also like being alone and can thrive being a hermit.
I actually DONT MIND the WFH thing. I was spending 3-4hrs daily commuting to work. Literally horrible commute. So right now I love waking up at 8am and not having to prep all my shit. It's also very easy for me to diet like this too. Im away from other people (other than my wife) so I can just entertain myself and be a robot with WO's and cardio.

Downsides? Well not seeing our friends and not hitting a regular gym are the main ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see this both ways, personally.

I like to stay home but go out and about, so staying home kind of sucks. That said, it's been cool having my kids around all day. If they were not here, i'd probably be bored as fukk....even with 20 different Coid-19 threads:D I definately see Brutus's overall point to posting the thread...though my kids wake up early:mad: lol! Like I already mentioned though, it would be much 'better' if there were no travel restrictions, but I understand the need for them. Plus, going to the gym is like a home away from home for many of us, so that interaction sucks. That also said, I think many of us will have better home gyms after all this is over. I just realized my son is 7 years old, and having one at home for when he gets a little older will be nice.

On the other hand, I like a schedule, and I like working (assuming you like your job). I don't like being around a bunch of people or crowds for the most part, but I do like 'some' interaction with people....food places, work, gym, stores, vacations, etc.

I think John Meadows mentioned something along the lines of people not knowing how to act when they actually have time to spend together as a family, at least when it pertains to long-term togetherness day in and day out. I think more people will learn to be better parts of their families...though I know having some space is important.

TBH, I really wish I was fishing or camping right now, lol.

Sounds like prison with a decent amount of commissary. Thankfully for me, absolutely nothing has changed, my life is exactly the same.

We got the board games out. First time in about 5years! Clue is a favorite.

I think some of us thrive on a schedule, and enjoy working/ doing things.

That's been the biggest downside for me. I can do bodyweight, band stuff and be okay for a while. Not having my day planned, and doing things at x time is what's hard.

That's exactly what it is for my OCD ass. When I stopped and really thought about it, hell, my day doesn't really change except for not being able to go to the gym anymore. Gym, work, grocery store. It's now only work and grocery store by mandate, but it was going to be all I did, anyway.

That awkward feeling you get when you're on lockdown but nothing changes for you.

I had a thought the other day. You know how they call people born during the post-war era "boomers" - well they could call kids born after the covid19 chapter "doomers" because of the apocalyptic nature of society during the time of their conception :)

Part of me is wondering if a good amount of jobs are going to change because of this. Like USmuscle says, some workers can get everything done from their home. With a PC and phone its just like being in the office. More employers might have their people just work from home, if this experiment turns out ok.

I had a thought the other day. You know how they call people born during the post-war era "boomers" - well they could call kids born after the covid19 chapter "doomers" because of the apocalyptic nature of society during the time of their conception :)

There is already a portion of the younger generation called 'the doomers'... They are basically the children who are going to likely suffer the brunt of the repercussions of the decisions made by the worst generation in history, which is of course, the boomers

There is already a portion of the younger generation called 'the doomers'... They are basically the children who are going to likely suffer the brunt of the repercussions of the decisions made by the worst generation in history, which is of course, the boomers
I thought the doomers were the offspring of the millennials? What are they called then?

Ive always tried to see the positives out of every situation cause im a naturally negative motherfkr and have to fight against it. Self talk, isolation, is the time to really level up with ourselves and seek changes. Not having the gym is terrible as its therapy for me but changing the workouts ( body weight ) tons of reps. etc 4am in pitch black park is a challenge and often our best growth ( physically and mentally ) is during hard times when we are forced. So, i take what this time gives and move forwards into being a better man in every way for myself and my son. JMO. Ive been through many rough times and its always made me better in the end.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws