advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here trains in a true hardcore gym ???

bay state gym, worcester ma

Havent been to one in 12 years. Had to start going to places I could get my whole family involved in.

Truthfully I don't miss them. I like good equipment and plenty of space. Indoor pools for my cardio don't hurt either.

I used to train in a hardcore gym years ago... but cant find any near where i live now i just train at Gold's. Thankfully I have a decent golds with a few pros training there and decent weight to push around.

One of the few hardcore gyms we had in our town closed down several years ago. Membership was as simple as 25 dollars, a hand shake, and then you get a key to the place! No air conditioning and a blast furnace in the winter that only kept one corner of they gym warm.

Chalk dust, leaking pipes and rust everywhere. The big guys trained in the back. I still remember the war cries and the chalk dust flying as the plates clanked together when the "big men" would be training.

The gym I train in now shushes you if you grunt too loud. They have a protein smoothy bar, marble floors and mahogany lockers. Lady Ga Ga blaring in the background. Makes me nauseated at times. I swear, the place almost shut down when Michael Jackson died!

The biggest trainer there is probably 170 pounds. He tells everyone he is 4% BF and that he benches 375! He would have gotten eaten alive at that old hardcore hole in the wall! Damn I miss that place! No cover models (male) were allowed!

I think you don't find many now, because they don't appeal to enough people so they don't make money. Peronsally, if I was looking to open a gym I would go with what would make the most money.

I think you don't find many now, because they don't appeal to enough people so they don't make money. Peronsally, if I was looking to open a gym I would go with what would make the most money.

Business is business...

I used to but it closed about 7 years ago. Only iron weights with 1 crummy treadmill. Dumbells went up to 200 lbs! Most of the stuff was homemade, but very good quality. No air conditioning until it turned 90 outside. Just open windows, weights clanging and AC/DC blaring through the speakers. Man, I miss that place bad.

Throw up some pics, I would like to see them

I started in a gym exactly like that in my 20s... I had my own key, could go at 1AM or whatever time...

Would freeze my ass off in the winter and sweat my balls off in the summer!

There was a chalk box and chalk dust everywhere... 200 pound dumbells, rusty bars and plates, duct tape on every vinyl surface...

It was fun as hell training with the powerlifter guys... Yelling, cussing, etc.

The gym I go to now has all the newest equipment but jingle bells is playing overhead and there are signs up all over warning against dropping weights, etc.

I now reside in Berlin Germany and have been to four gyms in the last five years. Not one hard core and quite the opposite. All their members seemed old or just cardio students. Hat working out in these places. Was told I had to keep it quiet or my membership would be terminated in one club. I quess I was pissing off the old folks.:banghead:

bay state gym, worcester ma
heard that name before, but I am over on the coast, little to far to drive inland for a workout lol.
Mass had a few, ones that i can think of BostonNorth/Northshore area
PowerHouse that use to be in WOburn had headbanger music playing during the overnight hours. believe it is gone now.

BNSC use to be in Stoneham, owned by a pro, small place had nothing fancy in there just the basics that worked and some heavey ass DBs.Worked Out here for a couple of years, was about a 5min walk from my house, usually longer on the way home. :( He sold it and then the new owner morphed it in with his other gym, did not follow it over to the new location cause i moved at that time.

Total Performance Sports - Everett MA

There is a hardcore one in Amesbury, John Cena i quess use to train there and still does when he returns to the area. Hard Nock's i believe

There is also Gym Warriors in Peabody, heard great things about it, have yet to make it there. Full of Strongman, PwrLfters and NPC bb competitors. Balls to the Walls training. Maybe try to get down there when my shoulder heals up and get back into the full swing of things.

The gym I go to now is losing whatever Hardcoreness it had when i first started. More machine are covering up floor space. DB still go up to 135 but no seated Milty Press, they took it out, took out the two tbar rows, one with chestpad and one without(atleast we have a good rack to use the corner of) and they took out the cage.
But like said above got to cater to the cmajority of the clients that is where the $ is.

Last edited:
where in ATL are any gyms left?

The Hardcore gym I used to hit was Main Event, but that took over by new ownershadyship and was moved out. That gym was pretty F'n hardcore till it died like most gyms like that do. Not many big ones left here in the Dirty Dirty that I have heard of....

Goo

Loved that gym as well. Trey Brewer trained their all the time. He is now at Titanz Fitness in Smyrna which is equally good. Wish I lived in that area.
One other truly hardcore gym comes to mind in the ATL. COFFEE's GYM in Marietta, GA. They cater to alot of OLY lifts, Strongman, Powerlifting but you can get motivated in their to move some weight if that's your thing. I think Casey Viator used to own it. Have not been by their in some time. Another hardcore gym in the ATL is QUEST. That's all I know for now..lol. I train at Gold's Lawerencville not really "hardcore" but they cater to bodybuilders.

I wish I could train in a hardcore gym--nothing around my area AT ALL

I train at a gym, it's hardcore but there's many manginas there at times.

It's not the gym that makes u hardcore though....

as long as there's a barbell and a squat rack and some dumbells i am happy. i have been members at both types of gyms and it doesn't make a difference. I train for strength, but i lift raw so you don't see me loading up 900lbs on the bar for squats

Olympia Barbell Club
465 Maine St
Wakefield, Ma.

Hardcore gym, key club with 24 hour access, powerlfiters, strongman, and bodybuilders. The club is always evolving with new equipment.....Ivanko kilo set, Elieko kilo set, lots of york plates, dumbells to 160. 3 monolifts,
Best part its a non profit, with all the membership money going to the overhead and new equipment. Anyone in the area drop by for a workout

Steve Smith

The first gym I went to was pretty hardcore. Small hole in the wall, he would NOT run the ac until it was 90+. Antique, and old as hell equipment, but everything you needed. Honestly, I think about going back, but he got cocky and bumped his rates through the roof.

The gym I go to now is a "chain gym". Very nice equipment, but not a single leg press or squat rack in the entire building.

Back in the 90's there was YEAGERS, solid hardcore gym, cant even recall a machine and had maybe 5 bikes.
Now they have Xport, but the equipment and clientel suck.
Train at an LA" fitness now good equipment and selection for my aging body.
Drawback- biggest in the gym and the LA" with the spanish clientel.
Besides the little latinas.

Last edited:
Anyone in new york area:

Powerhouse gym, complete body gym, edge gym, and steel gym are all good

Im stuck with a local "preppy" gym... BUT I heard that Doc Hall is supposed to be opening a much more hardcore gymn locally here in central Fl....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws