mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anti Cancer Diet cuz I am motivated now....

Anyone know the science/benifits of cookin with a cast iron skillet? I've heard cooking with it you get alot of minerals through it

Well, traces of iron...

They last forever if you take care of them correctly...and nothing will chip off and end up in your food/body.

Overall, a great choice.

Well, traces of iron...

They last forever if you take care of them correctly...and nothing will chip off and end up in your food/body.

Overall, a great choice.

Yeah I just bought a full set and I've been using them. JS I hope your buddy pulls through ok and I'll say a prayer but thanks for posting this thread I'm not trying to beat the dead horse here but it really is something us young guys should think about now and I'm glad to hear you're making changes to your diet as well keep us posted on your buddy much love,
MM

I could list alsorts now but off to bed soon. I have studied supplements extensively and many offer various health benefits. I managed a supplementation shop and have pretty much tried most things (I did even before I worked there). Something I want to state though and to offer a different perspective to most is...

To you guys think it is 'healthy' both physically and mentally taking 40 different pills everyday? I honestly think the stress you save about finding the next possible cure and taking xyz supplements at abc times will probably offer you far more than any pill you add to your regimen. But sure there are many that will offer great benefit (liver, prostate, cholesterol, digestion, free radical damage etc etc).

I think with the right diet and exercise and a select few supplements (could be a few but not 20) geared towards your individual needs you could increase the quality of your life and reduce the possibility of illness (and possibly cancer).

Most of me does think if you are gonna get cancer you will get it but of course following a healthy path will only help matters and could prevent it so good luck JS and I wish you all the best. I hope your friend pulls through... it must be horrible for him and his family. Health can be taken away so cruelly and quickly we should try to live life the best we can.

Last edited:
I could list alsorts now but off to bed soon. I have studied supplements extensively and many offer various health benefits. I managed a supplementation shop and have pretty much tried most things (I did even before I worked there). Something I want to state though and to offer a different perspective to most is...

To you guys think it is 'healthy' both physically and mentally taking 40 different pills everyday? I honestly think the stress you save about finding the next possible cure and taking xyz supplements at abc times will probably offer you far more than any pill you add to your regimen. But sure there are many that will offer great benefit (liver, prostate, cholesterol, digestion, free radical damage etc etc).

I think with the right diet and exercise and a select few supplements (could be a few but not 20) geared towards your individual needs you could increase the quality of your life and reduce the possibility of illness (and possibly cancer).

Most of me does think if you are gonna get cancer you will get it but of course following a healthy path will only help matters and could prevent it so good luck JS and I wish you all the best. I hope your friend pulls through... it must be horrible for him and his family. Health can be taken away so cruelly and quickly we should try to live life the best we can.

not sure if I said it earlier but I don't plan on taking very many supps. this is more about eating anti cancer DIET not pushing pills all day. as it stands I don't take any supplements not even a multi vitamin.
currently getting all nutrition from fruits, veggies, farm eggs, organic grass fed beef, wild caught fish etc... I haven't decided if I will take supplements. I am lucky if I remember to take my blood pressure meds lol. (I bet this diet and change in lifestyle will terminate the need for even a bp supplement)

so far we have radically changed what IN what we eat. I now shop more by counting ingredients than macros or calories. I will report the food and meals I have been eating tomo prob. I am beat
-JS

not sure if I said it earlier but I don't plan on taking very many supps. this is more about eating anti cancer DIET not pushing pills all day. as it stands I don't take any supplements not even a multi vitamin.
currently getting all nutrition from fruits, veggies, farm eggs, organic grass fed beef, wild caught fish etc... I haven't decided if I will take supplements. I am lucky if I remember to take my blood pressure meds lol. (I bet this diet and change in lifestyle will terminate the need for even a bp supplement)

so far we have radically changed what IN what we eat. I now shop more by counting ingredients than macros or calories. I will report the food and meals I have been eating tomo prob. I am beat
-JS

Im the only one in my family that isn't on BP meds... the diet really helps.

also dont forget about the water you drink. If not on a well. Call your water company for a copy of the most recent water testing.

Where I'm at the water is bad, and I've met so many people that have cancer where I moved to 2 years ago....the water test was the first thing I did.

I have a filter, but I also get 40gl of water and a stand from deer park for about 50.00 a month.

Yeah a distilled water filter is a great investment. I got one put into my sink... really convenient. No more crap tap water. It becomes purer than bottled water.

also dont forget about the water you drink. If not on a well. Call your water company for a copy of the most recent water testing.

Where I'm at the water is bad, and I've met so many people that have cancer where I moved to 2 years ago....the water test was the first thing I did.

I have a filter, but I also get 40gl of water and a stand from deer park for about 50.00 a month.

And plastic leaches into bottled water.

-JS

Hey Johnny I strongly recommend supplements and let the pill phobia go. It's kind of like the guy who freaks out about health and comes off cold turkey and accepts low test levels instead of going on TRT, justifying in his head it is healthier because he isn't using any needles. It doesn't work that way. There are so many advantage to incorporating certain supplements to go along with a great anti cancer diet. At the very least, you should be on curcumin, ubiquinol, and omega 3's. Those are probably the 3 most important things in my opinion. It's not asking much to include them with your diet.

Agreed ^
Curcumin, omega 3 Def in the top 3 too

High Vit-C
Curcumin
Omega 3
Wheatgrass daily
Coconut oils

Lower carb diet, very very low sugars, high in EFA's, all organic meats and etc. Very general, but it takes quite a lot, but I respect your path. Cancer sucks, period.

What are the things we should look for/dread seeing on these tests? I hate the water where I live but that's because it's "hard".

What are the things we should look for/dread seeing on these tests? I hate the water where I live but that's because it's "hard".

I'm not sure a water test from your water company will tell you shit. So you can verify they put chlorine and fluoride in it?

Just try and make sure most of the water you drink and use in cooking is at least filtered but to put a R/O system in your house is super simple and you can do it for under 150 Bucks and then you are sure you are getting clean water. Next step is shower filter, and don't drink out of plastic containers.

One of the best posts on the internet (Click on the link in my sig).

Diet is 80-90% of the battle.

JS-Look into a very low carb diet. Check into Paleo and the Rengade diet. Tons of info that back lower carb diets that help increase health.

Last edited:

-JS

I remember a year or so back what Dant said:
(paraphrasing of course)

"It's not that we 'are what we eat' rather 'we are what we eat ate'".

That was profound for me and really got me thinking. KSCOWBOY's link in his sig hits on it, it's great!
I don't want to eat something that eats a bunch of garbage ya know, I want to eat something that eats a healthy diet, especially if that's what I'm trying to do!

One of the best posts on the internet (Click on the link in my sig).

Diet is 80-90% of the battle.

JS-Look into a very low carb diet. Check into Paleo and the Rengade diet. Tons of info that back lower carb diets that help increase health.

JS loves his paleo :D

JS loves his paleo :D

I actually like the Renegade diet better. Combine the Renegade diet with Paleo foods and its a great combination.

I'm not sure a water test from your water company will tell you shit. So you can verify they put chlorine and fluoride in it?

Just try and make sure most of the water you drink and use in cooking is at least filtered but to put a R/O system in your house is super simple and you can do it for under 150 Bucks and then you are sure you are getting clean water. Next step is shower filter, and don't drink out of plastic containers.

It's a third party test, has to be done, needs to be available to the public.

Your looking for heavy metals, pesticides, and medications mainly.

Is there any science behind low carb diets and increased longevity?

For example this study High saturated fat and low carbohydrate diet decreases lifespan independent of body weight in mice found that high saturated fat, low carb diet decreased lifespan in mice.

Also according to http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00065-5, low protein and high carb diets were associated with the longest lifespans in mice. In this study high carb/low fat and high fat/low carb diets weren't compared though, just high carb/low protein and low carb/high protein.

Is there any science behind low carb diets and increased longevity?

For example this study High saturated fat and low carbohydrate diet decreases lifespan independent of body weight in mice found that high saturated fat, low carb diet decreased lifespan in mice.

Also according to http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00065-5, low protein and high carb diets were associated with the longest lifespans in mice. In this study high carb/low fat and high fat/low carb diets weren't compared though, just high carb/low protein and low carb/high protein.

Personally i think there is a direct correlation from what i have read. I know all most every person i have ever read about or talked to, that dramatically lowered their carb intake, saw immediate health benefits in everything from weight loss to much better blood tests. But for every report you read that says it works, there are others that say it doesn't. But since tons of reports in this world are funded by under the table interests, that want to see a specific outcomes, i don't put much faith in any of them. I like to hear and read about real world results. I do know one thing though. We are seeing more and more evidence that health benefits increase when carbs are decreased. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131