over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cost of meat, fish and high protein sources

Considering the state of the job market, why should we? The old world of defined pension plans, good benefits, loyalty, and merit for time served are fucking gone. Employers treat employees like shit. All that matters to them is getting the work done today. There is zero investment in making that person a long-term employee. That's why positions are temporary, contract, part-time, fixed term etc. It's also why the qualifications for jobs are absurd. No company has the time, money, or resources to train employees. They simply want someone to come in and know how to do everything. I see job postings all the time that make me laugh at what they're asking for and the salary that goes with it. Any candidate that meets the qualifications is worth an easy $20-40k more.

I've dealt with layoffs multiple times since 2009. My flawless attendance record and strong work ethic doesn't mean shit to anyone. So no, I don't want to work a second over 40 hours when it does absolutely nothing for me in the way of job security or career advancement. And all these companies are going to be scrambling when the upcoming mass exodus of baby boomers eventually retire. Instead of being proactive and training new employees while they have the resources, they're going to wait until the very last second and realize how fucked they are when no one on the payroll is experienced enough to keep workflow stable. They deserve it.
I'm confused by what part of my post you disagree with? The market dictates wages just like it dictates food prices.

If we pay grocery workers 50 to 70k like you suggested they will either go out of business, cut half their employees ( so we wait in line for an hour), or double our food prices. So everyone suffers except the few workers who keep their job and make $30 an hour stocking shelves and scanning items.

I'm glad, but that scenario is very rare. I would only advise that you still look out for yourself in the end. Many people have served for 15+ years at a job and established a trust that you speak of, only to be upended when things get really bad.
Yeah man I get it. It happens, that’s corporate America. I build enough of a safety net financially and have a in-demand skill set, not worried about it

If we pay grocery workers 50 to 70k like you suggested they will either go out of business, cut half their employees ( so we wait in line for an hour), or double our food prices. So everyone suffers except the few workers who keep their job and make $30 an hour stocking shelves and scanning items.
I never said or suggested this.

I have a 401K for 35+ years now that has quite a good retirement in it, I retire in 7 years, Im just hoping my 401K will still be there when I retire.

I never said or suggested this.
I was referring to the portion you said a candidate who fits the qualifications for a job should make 20 to 40 k more. A grocery store employee (as an example) makes about $15 which is probably more than their labor is worth because supply and demand would place them lower but minimum wage laws have them earning more.

If they were to make 20 to 40k more that would put them at 50 to 70k a year (25 to 35 an hour).

No grocery store would stay in business. They could, but they would have to lay off many people or jack prices up.

Remember the point of a business is to make profit. Minimize costs maximize revenue. If gym employees had to get paid $30 an hour many gyms would either have 1 or less employees (where you just swipe in), go out of business, or our membership would go way up.

The market dictates all this. How much a persons labor is worth how much a Pound of steak is worth.

I was referring to the portion you said a candidate who fits the qualifications for a job should make 20 to 40 k more. A grocery store employee (as an example) makes about $15 which is probably more than their labor is worth because supply and demand would place them lower but minimum wage laws have them earning more.

If they were to make 20 to 40k more that would put them at 50 to 70k a year (25 to 35 an hour).

No grocery store would stay in business. They could, but they would have to lay off many people or jack prices up.
NEVER said that 🤦‍♂️

NEVER said that 🤦‍♂️
I'm confused then I was referring to you saying"any candidate that meets the qualifications is worth 20-30k more" in post 77

But to summarize my thoughts, everyone on earth thinks they are underpaid and over worked, always have and always will.

I think the idea was not on an entry level position but on more of a mid level to upper mid level position with the idea that those in upper management make too much and those in the upper middle area make too little. I guess an example would be the difference in pay between a sr programmer and cto where the cto should obviously make much more but the one gentleman (fk86) may be thinking the market is a tad out of balance.

And yes, most people regardless of their pay are going to think they are worth it and more because in our own minds we are all “all that and a bag of chips” 😂😂😂

I'm confused then I was referring to you saying"any candidate that meets the qualifications is worth 20-30k more" in post 77

But to summarize my thoughts, everyone on earth thinks they are underpaid and over worked, always have and always will.

I think the idea was not on an entry level position but on more of a mid level to upper mid level position with the idea that those in upper management make too much and those in the upper middle area make too little. I guess an example would be the difference in pay between a sr programmer and cto where the cto should obviously make much more but the one gentleman (fk86) may be thinking the market is a tad out of balance.

And yes, most people regardless of their pay are going to think they are worth it and more because in our own minds we are all “all that and a bag of chips” 😂😂😂
I wasn’t referring to all jobs and all employees. Here is an example of what I’m referring to.

An engineering firm requires a project coordinator and this is what they want the candidate to have:
  • 5-7 years of experience
  • Proficiency in Excel, MS Project, Primavera P6, AutoCAD, and REVIT
  • Certified Engineering Technologist (preferred)
  • PMP designation (preferred)
  • Experience in contract administration
  • Ability to read and interpret drawings
  • Experience in estimating
Then they want to pay that person $50-$55k CAD (where I live) a year. Well, if someone can do all that, and has been doing it for seven years, they are worth closer to $80k. That is a lot of work to be done on a daily basis and a lot of skills required to do it. The PMP designation alone would mean they are qualified to manage projects instead of just coordinating and assisting.

It’s also obvious to me that no candidate ever works out because I see the same companies post for the same position almost quarterly. So, one of two things is happening:
  • The candidate is not able to meet the ridiculous expectations.
  • The candidate feels the compensation is not worth the ridiculous workload and expectations.
The engineering and construction industry is notorious for delays resulting in longer days because of revisions and issues on site. This extends into the evening and weekends more often than anyone would like it to.

HR also doesn’t have a clue what to look for in an employee. If an electrical engineer needs to hire someone for their department, they should be the one reviewing the resumes and doing the interviews. However, they don’t have the time for that. So, they give HR a list of requirements they would like and HR looks only for that and disqualifies anyone else. Meanwhile, there may have been a resume that didn’t quite meet the requirements, but would have been a rockstar of an asset to the department and company. And as I stated above, no one can be bothered to train anyone. If an employee is tasked with training a new employee, their individual workload is not reduced. They then have to train on top of their assignments, creating hostility and resentment right away. I could honestly talk about this all day because I’ve dealt with it first hand and observed it as well, but I’ll stop there.

I wasn’t referring to all jobs and all employees. Here is an example of what I’m referring to.

An engineering firm requires a project coordinator and this is what they want the candidate to have:
Then they want to pay that person $50-$55k CAD (where I live) a year. Well, if someone can do all that, and has been doing it for seven years, they are worth closer to $80k. That is a lot of work to be done on a daily basis and a lot of skills required to do it. The PMP designation alone would mean they are qualified to manage projects instead of just coordinating and assisting.

It’s also obvious to me that no candidate ever works out because I see the same companies post for the same position almost quarterly. So, one of two things is happening:
  • The candidate feels the compensation is not worth the ridiculous workload and expectations.
The engineering and construction industry is notorious for delays resulting in longer days because of revisions and issues on site. This extends into the evening and weekends more often than anyone would like it to.

HR also doesn’t have a clue what to look for in an employee. If an electrical engineer needs to hire someone for their department, they should be the one reviewing the resumes and doing the interviews. However, they don’t have the time for that. So, they give HR a list of requirements they would like and HR looks only for that and disqualifies anyone else. Meanwhile, there may have been a resume that didn’t quite meet the requirements, but would have been a rockstar of an asset to the department and company. And as I stated above, no one can be bothered to train anyone. If an employee is tasked with training a new employee, their individual workload is not reduced. They then have to train on top of their assignments, creating hostility and resentment right away. I could honestly talk about this all day because I’ve dealt with it first hand and observed it as well, but I’ll stop there.
Let me educate you from someone who own businesses including a construction company. You are not worth what you know as much as how much money and profits you are making that company you work for. If the company doesn't make profits and go out of business, then you are worth nothing, because you won't have a job.

Delays in work from construction companies comes from waiting on permits, unforseen circumstances, etc. You still are paying wages to someone though. If you show up on a job site and the worked stopped that day, you send the employee home, he still gets paid minimum 4 hours wage.

You can be very knowledgeable and be one lazy son of a bitch. I fired quite a few lazy knowledgeable people. Bottom line, start your own company and let me know how you do. In California where I did, most small business have overwhelming expenses. The time you pay for the workers comp, taxes, EDD, insurance (Health, Vehicle, liability, etc.), mess up employees do, sick pay, vacation, waiting on job sites, etc. etc, you are paying that employee wage double of what most think.

I have started people out on lower wages until I saw work performance and knowledge. When I see that, then I bump up your pay. Lots of companies do that. It also cost money to train people, so if the employee doesn't work out and lots don't in the construction industry, then you lost money as an owner. You don't need to accept any job either. If you don't like the wages, go to another company or start your own. If you accept the pay, then you work for that pay you agreed too.

Let me educate you from someone who own businesses including a construction company. You are not worth what you know as much as how much money and profits you are making that company you work for. If the company doesn't make profits and go out of business, then you are worth nothing, because you won't have a job.

Delays in work from construction companies comes from waiting on permits, unforseen circumstances, etc. You still are paying wages to someone though. If you show up on a job site and the worked stopped that day, you send the employee home, he still gets paid minimum 4 hours wage.

You can be very knowledgeable and be one lazy son of a bitch. I fired quite a few lazy knowledgeable people. Bottom line, start your own company and let me know how you do. In California where I did, most small business have overwhelming expenses. The time you pay for the workers comp, taxes, EDD, insurance (Health, Vehicle, liability, etc.), mess up employees do, sick pay, vacation, waiting on job sites, etc. etc, you are paying that employee wage double of what most think.

I have started people out on lower wages until I saw work performance and knowledge. When I see that, then I bump up your pay. Lots of companies do that. It also cost money to train people, so if the employee doesn't work out and lots don't in the construction industry, then you lost money as an owner. You don't need to accept any job either. If you don't like the wages, go to another company or start your own. If you accept the pay, then you work for that pay you agreed too.
Before I sold and retired, my two top salespeople made more money per year than I did.

Obviously

I'm with you on this. Same thing in my economic sector. Some of the adverts are shocking. Then you get to the bottom line and it's just like you say, way way under paid.

Before I sold and retired, my two top salespeople made more money per year than I did.
This is accurate. I make more than my Director of Sales (and about the same as the VP), because their pay is tied to the average performance of the entire sales floor, whereas I’m paid out solely on my own performance.

If the team averages 70% and I hit 300% for the year… lol

You are not worth what you know as much as how much money and profits you are making that company you work for. If the company doesn't make profits and go out of business, then you are worth nothing, because you won't have a job.

This doesn't make any sense. Obviously if you aren't working you're not earning anything for anyone. A job seeker is trying to change that by applying and stating their skills and experience. If you are working and your individual contribution is noticeable, either the company is very small or the position you hold is very substantial.

I know why there are delays. Labourers, tradesman, and other site workers are unfortunately at the short end of the stick when this happens because they get paid by the hour. Other causes are inclement weather. Yes, they get sent home. For people working at the office, and I can't stress this enough, not my fucking problem. It's not. Period. Whatever my agreed upon salary is, make sure the money is in my account every Thursday.

Lazy people; I get that and it sucks when someone is hired and they are terrible. Employers do their best to weed them out, but anyone can lie in an interview. As for that list of expenses, once again, not my problem. I learned hard and fast nobody cares about me when I was let go more than once. So any sob story from an employer to me will be met with stoic silence. If they have to cut my hours or terminate me, then it's for the best because I don't want to work somewhere with that kind of instability anyway.

You started people at a lower wage and then increased their pay when they proved themselves. Makes sense and I'm glad you did. I'm saying some employers don't. They'll bleed people dry as cheap as they can. You can also increase motivation if you lay out a pay increase plan, based on performance, in the initial interview, which is another thing employers neglect. They have no plan because, again, they're only worried about today.

The problem is everyone including owners and ceos as well as employees think they are awesome and are the gift to the world. Owners need to respect the employees doing the work that makes them money and employees need to be happy they actually have a job and are getting paid. We have a bunch of entitled people and the unrealistic expectations and outsized egos that go with it in our workforce and owners.

The problem is everyone including owners and ceos as well as employees think they are awesome and are the gift to the world. Owners need to respect the employees doing the work that makes them money and employees need to be happy they actually have a job and are getting paid. We have a bunch of entitled people and the unrealistic expectations and outsized egos that go with it in our workforce and owners.
I think this says it's best

I've never met anyone that said they were over paid, or paid fairly. Everyone is underpaid. Maybe we should print an extra 10k and give to everyone or send them $600 and take it from their taxes.

I think my labor is worth $100 an hour. I have a master's, I work hard, I get along with people, what more could anyone want? I'm underpaid!

I don't consider this politics, but if the moderators think it is please delete before you ban.

We'll fella's get ready for a deep dive into higher interest rates, huge inflation, crappy economy, sky rocketing gas prices, grain shortage and now sugar shortage.

I know because I know people who are in the know.

If you live in the US or Canada and you are a middle class individual, I have very bad news for you. Life as you know it will be a distant memory.

If you are a Canadian like myself, get ready for much darker times. I am not talking out of my ass.

Obviously we are all witnessing higher food prices and vanishing products from the shelves.
It's going to get much worse. Food in all its variety and types including fresh produce and meat is going to be way more expensive.

The government's interest rates meddling will not do us any good to calm down inflation. Your monthly pay check will not be worth much very soon.

Carbon Tax is another tool for the government to take more of what you make.

I can't say more since a moderator might find this "Political". If you can move down south i.e. Costa Rica or another decent place do it now before it's too late.

Off shore investments and financial in the know connections outside the US and Canada if you know anyone, listen to what they have to say.

If the moderator(s) will allow me to post further, I will. Buckle up.

I don't consider this politics, but if the moderators think it is please delete before you ban.

We'll fella's get ready for a deep dive into higher interest rates, huge inflation, crappy economy, sky rocketing gas prices, grain shortage and now sugar shortage.

I know because I know people who are in the know.

If you live in the US or Canada and you are a middle class individual, I have very bad news for you. Life as you know it will be a distant memory.

If you are a Canadian like myself, get ready for much darker times. I am not talking out of my ass.

Obviously we are all witnessing higher food prices and vanishing products from the shelves.
It's going to get much worse. Food in all its variety and types including fresh produce and meat is going to be way more expensive.

The government's interest rates meddling will not do us any good to calm down inflation. Your monthly pay check will not be worth much very soon.

Carbon Tax is another tool for the government to take more of what you make.

I can't say more since a moderator might find this "Political". If you can move down south i.e. Costa Rica or another decent place do it now before it's too late.

Off shore investments and financial in the know connections outside the US and Canada if you know anyone, listen to what they have to say.

If the moderator(s) will allow me to post further, I will. Buckle up.
[Citation needed]

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner