advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone try the one set per bodypart per day workout?

Now I'm on day 7 in a row of full body. I don't think I can match bboys 21...I don't even know how that is possible if it wasn't for him being a freak. For the record, 7 days straight is the longest I've ever gone. I am currently on 40-50mgs of test daily (give or take it, I end up between 250-350mgs / week) and 10mgs of dbol and 10 mgs of winstrol a day (yeah...maybe a uselessly low dose). My point is the dose is pretty low but it's going well. I'm eating 2,400 calories a day but have a free day on saturday which is mostly a very high carb up of good foods and one crap meal. I'm walking 1.5 miles a day. I haven't taken an actual above true trt dose of test in so long the crazy thing is my weight is not going done at all. I think I'm not experiencing the actual rebound effect of almost a year on no drugs (to have a kid).

yesterday was...

• Abs s/s calves
  • Leg Curls...super slow reps. I do this when a bodypart is feeling "beat up". It is extremely hard but when one part feels "tired" this helps
  • squats...315 x 15. Very deep, ATS reps. These are not like a piston
  • Pendlay Row...225x20
  • Pushups with weight vest and feet elevated. Hands on blocks so very deep and slow reps
  • BB Curls
  • Triceps pressdown with rope

The entire thing took about 40 minutes.

I think I have it in me to complete this 7th day today but man I'm starting to feel it.

Now I'm on day 7 in a row of full body. I don't think I can match bboys 21...I don't even know how that is possible if it wasn't for him being a freak. For the record, 7 days straight is the longest I've ever gone. I am currently on 40-50mgs of test daily (give or take it, I end up between 250-350mgs / week) and 10mgs of dbol and 10 mgs of winstrol a day (yeah...maybe a uselessly low dose). My point is the dose is pretty low but it's going well. I'm eating 2,400 calories a day but have a free day on saturday which is mostly a very high carb up of good foods and one crap meal. I'm walking 1.5 miles a day. I haven't taken an actual above true trt dose of test in so long the crazy thing is my weight is not going done at all. I think I'm not experiencing the actual rebound effect of almost a year on no drugs (to have a kid).

yesterday was...

• Abs s/s calves
  • Leg Curls...super slow reps. I do this when a bodypart is feeling "beat up". It is extremely hard but when one part feels "tired" this helps
  • squats...315 x 15. Very deep, ATS reps. These are not like a piston
  • Pendlay Row...225x20
  • Pushups with weight vest and feet elevated. Hands on blocks so very deep and slow reps
  • BB Curls
  • Triceps pressdown with rope

The entire thing took about 40 minutes.

I think I have it in me to complete this 7th day today but man I'm starting to feel it.
what are "ATS" reps? I've heard of ATG (ass to grass) and ass to calves.

what are "ATS" reps? I've heard of ATG (ass to grass) and ass to calves.

That was just me typing too fast while also on a conference call along with all the other typos that makes it seem like I'm a barely functioning human being 😁 . I meant ATG. Pretty slow and deliberate deep reps. Not super slow, but probably a 4 second eccentric, pause for 2 seconds, and a 3-4 second positive.

I'm hurting today...not like injury/bad but man my calves and legs are feeling heavy. Upper body not so much. Successfully made it through 7 straight days and think can do the 8th today. I'm going to stick with this for the next 8 weeks and see how it goes (not necessarily without a break, I'm sure I will need many days off but at least 5-6 days a week). I like the way I feel and hitting each body part somewhat fresh with one set.

The one thing I was considering is sticking with a group of exercises for an entire week (only exception would be that I would not deadlift daily). and then the next week switch them around a bit.

Readying bboys responses it looks like he stuck to many of the same movements daily but I'd be curious to hear more.

Today was rough…I went into thinking “I’ll take this one a little lighter, but I picked it up pretty good.

And/calves
Push-ups to failure
High incline barbell bench 215x10
Pull-ups 8 (very slow reps)
Leg curls
Sissy squats
Bb curl
Triceps press down

It just wasn’t cutting it so I got frustrated and decided to deadlift 315 to failure. Instead I did 495 to failure and made it to 6…I was pleased with that today. I can usually get 10 if I’m fresh.

After 8 days I feel like my lower body is feeling more than my upper body. This is especially true for shoulders, tris, bis and chest which all feel really good. Let’s and mid back feel a little tired.

This is the first time I’ve made it 8 days. I’M HUNGRY! I did allow a calorie increase from 2,400 to about 2,800. These workouts plus 1-2 mile walk a day are just making me very hungry and feel like I need the nutrition. All meals have been nutrient rich and healthy.

I’m updating this for an fyi for when this thread / topic comes around again…may be fun to look back at.

I was off on my days, today would actually be 9 days in a row. I’m tired but I don’t have that blown out cns feeling like when I tried high frequency and high intensity (meaning % of rep max basically maxing out daily). I am sore everywhere though but each day, one body part is a little more sore. My back is crazy sore today from neck to ass.

You guys ever play football and the practice starts terribly so coach starts it over? That’s what I did today. I literally squared 245 + 60 pounds of chains 10 times. Lmao…pathetic, but it was all mental. So started over…

Abs and calves

Nordic leg curl (holly crap!)

Slow rep sissy squat to absolute failure superset with squats (same weight as above) for 20 reps! I pushed the sissy squats to total failure and then right to squats. The squats were “breathing squats” with breaks but no racking the weight.

Supinated grip lat pull-down

OHP

Push-ups

Barbell curls

Skull crushers

Weird feeling. Mentally I feel “on” and the workouts have been really good but I’m tight and sore all over.

Had around 5,500 calories Saturday and yesterday day day 11 in a row of full body. The eating Saturday was huge. I felt like a different person Sunday and had a great session yesterday. I'm still also walking about 2 miles a day. Ate around 3,200 calories yesterday so going to pull back to 2,500 mon-fri this week and allow another big re-feed Saturday. I have increased the carbs to closer to 300 a day (which I know still isn't a ton), protein around 225 grams and fill in the rest with fats.

This is one of the fastest I've seen my body change on such a low drug burden (last weeks total usage was 275mgs test, 70mgs winstrol and 40mgs dbol). I did think it's fair to say a good portion of this is muscle memory. While I didn't stop training, going to no test and then 70mgs when we had a kid for roughly a year really deteriorated my body so this is the first serious push I've done in a while and the highest amount of PED's I've used in probably 5 years.

When I did Phil's workout it was pre contest and I was jacked on PED's.

I can definitely see how that would be helpful for sure. The thing I may have working in my favor is I'm basically at maintenance eating but allowing myself more, if needed. Verse you having much more drugs...but also in the depths of contest prep...that had to be tough! It's been fun and I may keep on trucking along but won't be able to continue it daily. Maybe more of a 3 days on one off or 2 on one off thing.

This was a very helpful thread and appreciate all you've posted!

I can definitely see how that would be helpful for sure. The thing I may have working in my favor is I'm basically at maintenance eating but allowing myself more, if needed. Verse you having much more drugs...but also in the depths of contest prep...that had to be tough! It's been fun and I may keep on trucking along but won't be able to continue it daily. Maybe more of a 3 days on one off or 2 on one off thing.

Listen to your body, go until you NEED a day off.

Would you do the workout again, brought it good results for you? Phil has been training with this system for the last few years as far as I know.

Would you do the workout again, brought it good results for you? Phil has been training with this system for the last few years as far as I know.

I think it was fun and I will do it again. I don't know if I will do it permanently. I took yesterday off and man I feel so good today so I have decided to switch to what is actually an old mentzer routine which is below. The difference is, I will be doing a pretty high frequency, although Mentzer did advocate doing the below EOD in his earlier writings. I'll still only be doing 1 set to failure.

legs, chest, and tri's
Back, shoulders, bi's

It just seems to me for longterm success and also enjoyment that will be better overall. I can still train in a high intensity (intensity meaning effort not so much intensity as a % of 1RM) but sessions will be shorter and I'll be a little fresher each day. Essentially, I think it's more sustainable longterm for me.

I will for sure go back to full body ED off and on

I think it was fun and I will do it again. I don't know if I will do it permanently. I took yesterday off and man I feel so good today so I have decided to switch to what is actually an old mentzer routine which is below. The difference is, I will be doing a pretty high frequency, although Mentzer did advocate doing the below EOD in his earlier writings. I'll still only be doing 1 set to failure.

legs, chest, and tri's
Back, shoulders, bi's

It just seems to me for longterm success and also enjoyment that will be better overall. I can still train in a high intensity (intensity meaning effort not so much intensity as a % of 1RM) but sessions will be shorter and I'll be a little fresher each day. Essentially, I think it's more sustainable longterm for me.

I will for sure go back to full body ED off and on

I know I just posted this yesterday, but after one day of leg's/chest/tri I actually really missed doing full body so back to that today. I'm just going to keep doing it and take breaks when I need them.

@b-boy when you did this did you rotate movements at all and if so, how often?

Listen to your body, go until you NEED a day off.
I know I just posted this yesterday, but after one day of leg's/chest/tri I actually really missed doing full body so back to that today. I'm just going to keep doing it and take breaks when I need them.

@b-boy when you did this did you rotate movements at all and if so, how often?
I rotated when I could no longer progress on that movement.

I have to say I'm enjoying the hell out of this. The biggest issue I have is with hunger. Once you hit a few days in a row of FB...it really hits. I'm in a weird position being off PED's so long I would like to recapture some of that old muscle, but I'm 40 and really wanted to stay on the leaner end. I'm basically eating right around maintenance but increased calories a bit with this FB stuff. I've essentially thrown in an extra meal of chicken and rice before bed (I know it sounds boring but I make some kick ass grilled chicken and just got a new rice cooker that is amazing) adding another 50 grams of protein and 75 grams of carbs.

If people are wondering I get through it all in 45 minutes. I do 10 minutes on the bike and warmup with squats and pushups. it looks like this...

warmup on bike 10 minutes
warmup on squats to the point I'm ready for the work set

abs / calves
nordic curl (or regular hamstring curl) 1 minute break leg extension right into squats

the above takes about 7 minutes and that totally takes care of lower body. These are to absolute concentric failure, but no forced reps.

The temp I use for my reps does force you to lower the weight and will virtually guarantee you stay injury free. More to come on that...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131