advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone try the one set per bodypart per day workout?

Agree 100 %

LinkedIN is great tool for jobs i second that too

Ppl have lost touch with the good and important things in life

Hmm i not know if what i wrote make sense , excuse me maldorf my brother i am not english

Dante/Cracker... thank you guys. I don't do the social media thing so no access to IG.

I'll add to my DC file. Appreciate the follow up.
there are instagram mirror sites that allow you to view profiles/posts of users without logging in, just FYI.

You can also just make a junk instagram account that you don't post to but will allow you to use the instagram app to view posts on your phone.

I agree. To me the only reason to use social media is for career and to make money. I don't need either so I have no social media footprint. I think LinkedIn is a useful tool for jobs.
That's your opinion and I respect it, but you're missing out on a lot of interesting/useful content that people are posting to facebook/instagram. Its probably not a big deal but you'll miss out in the long run purposely limiting your access by not creating an account on those platforms.

Because my access to heavy weights and machines is gone right now, and therefore I cant really punish my muscles the way I like to do when I train on a 5 day split, yesterday I switched over to this method of one set to failure per body part per day... today will be day two..

one set pullups to failure
one set lunges to failure
one set pushups to failure
one set side laterals to failure
one set curls to failure
one set tricep pushdowns to failure
one set rear delts to failure
one set calves to failures

also doing a few sets of abs every day as well.. legs raised crunches, reverse curls, and regular sit ups...

using bands for resistance and a pilates machine too

Because my access to heavy weights and machines is gone right now, and therefore I cant really punish my muscles the way I like to do when I train on a 5 day split, yesterday I switched over to this method of one set to failure per body part per day... today will be day two..

one set curls to failure

also doing a few sets of abs every day as well.. legs raised crunches, reverse curls, and regular sit ups...

Similar to me. 1 set to failure daily fasted
Banded pushups
Dips
delt raise
Pull ups
Resistance band rows
Curls
Sl kettle bell dead lifts
Kettle bell squats
Sit-ups

Reactions: KTT
I am down to the following equipment:

Pull up bar
Bar dip
Olympic Barbell
200 lbs in weight plates
Squat jacks made out of 4x4's

I started looking at old log books I kept and decided the Big Beyond Belief system I ran a few years back would be a nice match given my limitations. I am doing the 6x per week, 1 workout per day template. Essentially this allows you to hit every muscle 3x per week and varies the rep range from light (13-15) to medium (10-12) to heavy (8-10). 4 exercises per day. Very basic, train half your body on M/W/F and the other half on T/TH/SA. Rest on Sunday. Yesterday was a "light" day: Delts (upright rows 3x15), Triceps (skull crushers 3x15), Quads (squats 3x20* BBB calls for 13-15 but since I am limited on poundage I did 20), and finally Abs (barbell roll outs 3x15).

Skip to page 68 to see the split:

I am down to the following equipment:

Pull up bar
Bar dip
Olympic Barbell
200 lbs in weight plates
Squat jacks made out of 4x4's

I started looking at old log books I kept and decided the Big Beyond Belief system I ran a few years back would be a nice match given my limitations. I am doing the 6x per week, 1 workout per day template. Essentially this allows you to hit every muscle 3x per week and varies the rep range from light (13-15) to medium (10-12) to heavy (8-10). 4 exercises per day. Very basic, train half your body on M/W/F and the other half on T/TH/SA. Rest on Sunday. Yesterday was a "light" day: Delts (upright rows 3x15), Triceps (skull crushers 3x15), Quads (squats 3x20* BBB calls for 13-15 but since I am limited on poundage I did 20), and finally Abs (barbell roll outs 3x15).

Skip to page 68 to see the split:

Big Beyond Belief rocks. Probably the most effective program I've ever done.

I currently have pull up bar, Ez-Curl,and adjustable dumbbells that stop at 52.5. I have also been very backed off from heavy weights due to health the last several years. I am going to try to do this for a while with just the equipment I have. I have actually been considering it anyway because multiple 40 rep sets get pretty f'n boring! I am getting "tired" more so than what muscle failure means to me.

I guess one question I would have, is are we talking one set per body part, or one set per exercise. Vary the exercise choice per body part as much as possible each day? Again, mine will be with light weights and very high reps.

one set curls to failure

While some of my muscles seem to be popping a little more after a few days of doing this, my strength and most exercises has gone way, way down..

Hey guys!

Very interesting, I want to give this a try without rest to see if I can do it for a few weeks before crashing SNC.

I don't like self weight exercises such as dips or pullups since I always injure myself so I was thinking of doing something like this, but changing exercises 5 times a week and then repeat:

Example chest exercises for 5 days: incline hammer press, incline smith machine, dumbbell flyes, decline chest press, vertical chest press.

Routine set up:

Incline hammer press - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Machine hammer low row - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Dumbbell lateral raises - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Seated curl - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Hack squat - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
EZ bar curl - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Machine dips - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)

I usually don't train abs/calves, so I don't include them here. Would u add 1 more exercise for chest/back/delts? I usually see 2 exercises for big body parts.

Thanks!

im starting 2 sets per muscle every other day for 3 workouts. then 3 sets, then 4 sets. then 2 days off,
then repeat with added weight. volume cycle.
i figure natty i need the frequency to keep my 50 yr old muscles in an anabolic state suckin up the nutrition more often than dong a muscle once a week with junk volumel

Hey guys!

Very interesting, I want to give this a try without rest to see if I can do it for a few weeks before crashing SNC.

I don't like self weight exercises such as dips or pullups since I always injure myself so I was thinking of doing something like this, but changing exercises 5 times a week and then repeat:

Example chest exercises for 5 days: incline hammer press, incline smith machine, dumbbell flyes, decline chest press, vertical chest press.

Routine set up:

Incline hammer press - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Machine hammer low row - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Dumbbell lateral raises - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Seated curl - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Hack squat - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
EZ bar curl - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)
Machine dips - 1 set to failure (after a few warm up sets of 15-12-10)

I usually don't train abs/calves, so I don't include them here. Would u add 1 more exercise for chest/back/delts? I usually see 2 exercises for big body parts.

Thanks!

I did this in quarantine and i really liked it

3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off

I used diferent excersice each day for each muscle

Every muscle got one excersise except back , back got two back width+back thickness

Respect

Very interesing, anyway Phil Hernon says to train everyday and take a break when you really need it, doing only 1 set to failure of each muscle group shouldn't affect our CNS so much (in theory).

I was gonna try to do it without rest days, no more than 4 feeder sets per exercise + top set to failure.

Any more opinions?

Thanks guys!!

Very interesing, anyway Phil Hernon says to train everyday and take a break when you really need it, doing only 1 set to failure of each muscle group shouldn't affect our CNS so much (in theory).

I was gonna try to do it without rest days, no more than 4 feeder sets per exercise + top set to failure.

Any more opinions?

Thanks guys!!
Is "feeder" the new way to say warm up???

Is "feeder" the new way to say warm up???

Well, for me there's a diference, a warm up set is higher reps, feeders usually are 4-6 reps range so u don't add more excess volume to the workout. Some people add a lot of volume only warming up.

Well, for me there's a diference, a warm up set is higher reps, feeders usually are 4-6 reps range so u don't add more excess volume to the workout. Some people add a lot of volume only warming up.
I guess I've been doing "feeder" sets my entire life then. Who knew! LOL

It's quite ok to just work out one portion of your body each day. When it comes to strength training, most fitness experts advise not working the same muscle group on consecutive days. In order to allow your muscles to recuperate, you should only train per day

It's quite ok to just work out one portion of your body each day. When it comes to strength training, most fitness experts advise not working the same muscle group on consecutive days. In order to allow your muscles to recuperate, you should only train per day
there are studies showing training 5x a week a muscle is superior to 2x a week, volume the same.
so.. stop spreading bullshit please :cool:
ofc it is "okay" to just work chest once or twice a week, but we bodybuilders are always looking for the optimum.
maybe go back to "fitness boards"..
bringing back a 18 months old thread to post nonsense.. good job

I did this back in 2008-2009 and got in what was probably my best shape ever.. but, at that time I was super consistent on everything diet, life, schedule, drugs…everything

And I wasn’t on some crazy heavy cycle either.

But, I haven’t been able to make that program work again since..can’t get my mind right

Thought I’d bump this thread…always a fun one with lively discussion. I’ve been doing this on and off. Todays session will look like…

Calves s/s abs
Leg curl
Leg extension s/s squats
Cable/rope pullovers s/s Supinated grip lat pull-down
Push-ups s/s side laterals
Deadlift
Bb curl
Cable triceps movement

Here are some things I’ve found…

1. Strategically placed supersets work well. You’ll notice the pullover ss with the underhand lat pull-down is what mentzer prescribed and I love it.

2. I do 4 different workout rotations so I’m still hitting it with variety.

3. I only deadlift on 1 of the 4 days and don’t do rows that day. On none deadlift days I’ll do a bb row etc

4. Rep cadence is the most important thing. My joints feel better than ever. My focus is solely hypertophy but each movement is 4-7 seconds eccentric (depending on the movements ROM) and 2-5 seconds concentric and it’s always a dead stop or very slow transition from eccentric to concentric and Vice versa.

The reality is most of us “crush” a muscle with plenty of tension but we also do these herky jerky movements that make our joints sore and then need a week to hit it again because while we did stimulate the muscle we also irritated our joints. So when you try this daily thing you are destroyed. It also radically reduces the warmups needed. I do this in 45 minutes to an hour max.

So I’m on day 4 in a row and feeling good. Today ended up…

Abs super set calves
Nordic leg curl
Sissy squat superset with squats
Cable rope lat pullover s/ with underhand pull downs
Leg elevated push-ups superset with OHP
Bb curl ss triceps press down.

Post workout beer commencing now

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views