advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buying gear before the internet came along in 80s and 90s?

In the 90's it was run what you had access to. I was lucky when I could find test and winny or test and deca at the same time. I've run EQ alone, dbol alone, drol alone..... only because that was all that was available. We had no PCT back then either. There were no research companies. I was lucky to have a doctor write me a script for nolva. The pharmacist looks at me and says you know this is for females with breast cancer..... and just stood there and staired at me. We always had to taper off of a cycle.

DLStryker

Life is 200x easier now. I orders a copy of "the steroid bible". That and musclemag were my only sources for info. The first gym rat was crazy hIgh priced. $200 for 10ml test e and 1.00 per pink dbol. He was expensive. Then I found his source. 1000 Thai dbol for $300 and sus 250 for $11 an amp. I thought I was in heaven!

Now that is service! Did he provide any kind of blood testing from time to time to monitor your health or was it pretty much user beware?

NO! You were lucky to get out of there before he passed on! The doc took your $75 cash office visit fee and prescribed the basics dball, anavar, winny,deca and test. No anti-e's, no pct's shit I don't think we knew about then. And not monitoring...it was run and gun back then. And I'm greatful for all we have here today because thirty years latter I am healthy and a better bodybuilder than I was back then.

Funny stuff, man i'm getting old.

Do any of you old timers remember:

Mr Pete
or
Bill Magouious (msp sorry?)

Those list where golden back in the late 80's early 90's

Funny stuff, man i'm getting old.

Do any of you old timers remember:

Mr Pete
or
Bill Magouious (msp sorry?)

Those list where golden back in the late 80's early 90's

Yup, I remember those! And your not getting old bro but your mush more experienced!

In the 90's I got my first real gear, right off an add in the back of Muscle Mag. omnadren, the real old good ones. expensive as shit like 20.00 each. We used to pay 1800.00 for 1 box of serostim. Brovel, Tornel, Denkal, were all big names in the game. Oh yea and real parabolon amps, Norma Deca from Greece in a 2ml bottle, and Bill Philip's supplements. Those days have some fond memories for me. Hardly any fakes around to.

In the 90's I got my first real gear, right off an add in the back of Muscle Mag. omnadren, the real old good ones. expensive as shit like 20.00 each. We used to pay 1800.00 for 1 box of serostim. Brovel, Tornel, Denkal, were all big names in the game. Oh yea and real parabolon amps, Norma Deca from Greece in a 2ml bottle, and Bill Philip's supplements. Those days have some fond memories for me. Hardly any fakes around to.

No wonder people used to say that in the 90s top pros spent 50k a year on drugs. Now you can run everything under the sun for probably less than 10k a year with lots of GH non stop.

Drive to Mexico was what I did. 12 hours each way, no sleep. Take surfboards and wear eyeglasses and try to look skinny and geeky, wearing a long sleeved shirt. LOL. That was our "disguise".

Yep, we were idiots.

GREAT times though. I remember we went into a place and the pharmacist had a shoe box(!!) full of Syntex AD50 bottles. Awesome. Same day, my friend asked about some suspension and the pharmacist told him they didn't have any. So we're half way down the street and the pharmacist is jogging after us, yelling for us to stop, holding up a bottle of suspension! Hahaha! Guess he found one!

I thought it was a cop at first and the jig was up!! Scared the shit outta me.

But never even had the idea of hitting the Vet stores though. We missed out completely on that one. Information was scarce in the suburbs and that bit about Vet pharma never reached our ears...:rolleyes:

You have been a member here less then 2 months and this is the 29th thread you have started.

looks like someone put an end to it...:D

This was before my time but I seem to remember reading that dan duchaine had a mail order system to sell gear.

When I ordered the original first printing of the Underground Steroid Handbook in 1983 a red piece of paper was also in the envelope with the book when I received it. It said 'John Ziegler Fan Club (JZFC)' along with an address.

I sent a letter to the address and received a price list. This was Duchaines business' back in the day. I dealt with them for years and got to know Dan well through our association from the JZFC.

I still have original price list tucked away somewhere in the back of my files. I should pull it out and see how it compares to the modern market.

Dan eventually put me in touch with Paul Masters from Europe and we had a great friendship/business dealings for a number of years. Paul came and visited me one time and we went for a motorcycle ride together, which was a dream he'd always had-to ride in the US.

When I ordered the original first printing of the Underground Steroid Handbook in 1983 a red piece of paper was also in the envelope with the book when I received it. It said 'John Ziegler Fan Club (JZFC)' along with an address.

I sent a letter to the address and received a price list. This was Duchaines business' back in the day. I dealt with them for years and got to know Dan well through our association from the JZFC.

I still have original price list tucked away somewhere in the back of my files. I should pull it out and see how it compares to the modern market.

Dan eventually put me in touch with Paul Masters from Europe and we had a great friendship/business dealings for a number of years. Paul came and visited me one time and we went for a motorcycle ride together, which was a dream he'd always had-to ride in the US.

When I got the first ugsh in the early 80s there were 3 names adresses printed on the inside back page. Called one out east and my stuff came cod about 3-4 days later. still remember the names . I was very fortunate to have a gym buddy that was also a pharmaceutical sales rep. All hg american stuff dirt cheap. t

The guy that owned the gym I went to used to compete here in Jersey in the 80's . He took me under his wing when I wanted to compete and gave me an intro to a guy. I had to drive up an either meet him at Diamond gym or at Bev Francis gym. That was back in early 90's. I loved it I used to get bricks of different gear from him. Big ole shrink wrapped of cyp suspension deca all Steris. Man the good ole days....

looks like someone put an end to it...:D

Yeah to me it sends a red flag when a new guy comes on here out of the blue and starts posting threads literally every day and tries to buddy up with everyone.

let’s go back in time . . . even further

There is evidence to support that that a bodybuilder like Grimick for instance
tried them back in the 1940’s [said they did not work (stopped too soon?)] as
did many others of that era. Who knows if Reeves’, etc. took them. To what
degree that it contributed to their ultimate development will never be known
but clearly they were easily available. Bill Pearl has admitted taking them (and
then later vacillated?) but you would have to be a fool not to acknowledge
the remarkable change in his development that occurred later in his career.

- Androsterone -
Proviron (Schering - 1934)
Androfort (Richter - 1936)

- Testosterone Propionate -
Sterandryl (Roussel - 1936)
Testoviron (British Schering - 1936)
Virormone (Paines and Byrne - 1936)
Perandren (Ciba - 1937)
Neo-Hombreol (Organon - 1937)
Pantestin (Richter - ?? *at least 1941)
Erugon-S (Bayer - ?? *at least 1941)

- Methyltestosterone -
Metandren (Ciba - 1940)
Perandren Linguets (Ciba - 1940)
Glosso-Sterandryl (Roussel - 1941)
Neo-Hombreol-M (Organon - 1941)
Oreton M (British Schering - 1942)
Oraviron (British Schering - 1942)
Viromone-Oral (Paines and Byrne - 1942)

- Testosterone Cypionate -
Depo-Testosterone (Upjohn - 1951)

back in 1990 when i did my first cycle i was at the mercy of what i could get my hands on...no one knew of pct,so you crashed bad after a cycle. I tried 2 mail order from back of mag and got ripped off.actually my first internet buy i got nada.I would get my gear from contacts at gym...mostly test cyp, anadrol and occasional deca.in middle 90's i got test prop from dog trainer at dog track.vets would write scripts without question .also, there was no info about how different gear effected you.everything was word of mouth

Bill Pearl

Bill Pearl was a vegetarian also. Biggest one I ever seen by far.

There is evidence to support that that a bodybuilder like Grimick for instance
tried them back in the 1940’s [said they did not work (stopped too soon?)] as
did many others of that era. Who knows if Reeves’, etc. took them. To what
degree that it contributed to their ultimate development will never be known
but clearly they were easily available. Bill Pearl has admitted taking them (and
then later vacillated?) but you would have to be a fool not to acknowledge
the remarkable change in his development that occurred later in his career.

- Androsterone -
Proviron (Schering - 1934)
Androfort (Richter - 1936)

- Testosterone Propionate -
Sterandryl (Roussel - 1936)
Testoviron (British Schering - 1936)
Virormone (Paines and Byrne - 1936)
Perandren (Ciba - 1937)
Neo-Hombreol (Organon - 1937)
Pantestin (Richter - ?? *at least 1941)
Erugon-S (Bayer - ?? *at least 1941)

- Methyltestosterone -
Metandren (Ciba - 1940)
Perandren Linguets (Ciba - 1940)
Glosso-Sterandryl (Roussel - 1941)
Neo-Hombreol-M (Organon - 1941)
Oreton M (British Schering - 1942)
Oraviron (British Schering - 1942)
Viromone-Oral (Paines and Byrne - 1942)

- Testosterone Cypionate -
Depo-Testosterone (Upjohn - 1951)

The old days

Back in the early 90's I lived with a friend "Greg Nesbit" God Bless Him,but if you lived in the Midwest you knew us. Our jobs for ten years was train then head to the strip club. We made our money throughout the days and if they made it or had it we pretty much had it on and off or could get it. We were lucky enough to have a couple big time suppliers. If you remember Hugo street you would know me. He and I were closer than brothers When things were good. This is mainly for Nez. Love you and miss you. God Bless. I have some crazy ass stories. Oh the past

Back in the early 90's I lived with a friend "Greg Nesbit" God Bless Him,but if you lived in the Midwest you knew us. Our jobs for ten years was train then head to the strip club. We made our money throughout the days and if they made it or had it we pretty much had it on and off or could get it. We were lucky enough to have a couple big time suppliers. If you remember Hugo street you would know me. He and I were closer than brothers When things were good. This is mainly for Nez. Love you and miss you. God Bless. I have some crazy ass stories. Oh the past

Was much did GH go for back in those days?

My dad worked for a Dr that had a pharmacy in his building. I always helped answer the phone calls in the pharmacy after school. This is where I learned the brand Steris in early 90's.
Moved off to college and trained with a couple of guys that had a close friend that worked for Steris as a drug rep. So I was spoiled. When that line dried up Mx was only 10hr away then moved on to a snailmail list from San Ysidro. I found the boards in 05 and was blown away on how much I was missing the boat. As others said before tapering off sucked and then you felt like crawling in a hole for a month. No one mentioned PCT back then when I really needed it. First Deca Dick in 95!
T

gorrum

Back in those days im sure GH was 10 times more expensive compared to now.[/QUOTE GH 1st came from pituatary of cadavers. no freak's back then(with some exception). unless you where money. the pureity was allways in question. synth.GH was even more costly when it first came out.....i often wonder what Plats and the old dudes would look like given the same playing field as the boys today.....WE just got mostly vet stuff and back door lymphomed. you know shit that was jacked from the pharmacy worker or local dealer brought back from the west coast(mexi gear)... lotta of upjohn ect.

cj --out(spelling not required)
B.T.W. can one of the mod's take that synthrol tag off when i do this&&&&&&&&

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members