over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dave palumbo coaching off season pre contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right guys I have $500-600 dollars in my bank and thats all I can afford and I plan tk make a choice today/tomorrow!

All my options are... Antione vailant, john meadows, shelby starnes, dave palumbo,
alex azarian, john otis hollywood

Antione and hollywood I have ruled out due to lack of reviews I can find

Alex has offered me a year for $500. Palumbo offers 24 weeks for that price

I think John and Shelby are slightly out of my price range

So opting for Alex as of now.

Anyone have any last input before I go ahead?

Thanks for all the replys

I would think that Antione Vailant would be pretty close to what John Medows does as thats who advises him.

Persoanly id do the off season gaining phase myself via the great information and advice of the members here available on this site and save more money and pay for a good contest prep

In my oppinion the contest prep is where a coach is the most valuble unless you are very indecisive and need sombody to give your every detail , gaining is easy , dieting down and keeping it and maybe gaining a little more is the bitch part of it

I would think that Antione Vailant would be pretty close to what John Medows does as thats who advises him.

Persoanly id do the off season gaining phase myself via the great information and advice of the members here available on this site and save more money and pay for a good contest prep

In my oppinion the contest prep is where a coach is the most valuble unless you are very indecisive and need sombody to give your every detail , gaining is easy , dieting down and keeping it and maybe gaining a little more is the bitch part of it

Yeah I do see what your saying and thats what Ive been doing since I started reqlly Ive never had anyone to speak to specifically as where I live and train.bodybuilding is not really heard of. So I would quite like a trainer just to take me to the next levek

Yours is the first post Ive read that says about notnhireing Alex. Could you give me more details please bro

He stood me up. Didnt answer my emails for 2 weeks. Said he went on vacation and must have forgotten to email me and tell me.

Well thats nice leave me stranded in my contest prep.

Very basic layout. Just liked Dave alot better.

He stood me up. Didnt answer my emails for 2 weeks. Said he went on vacation and must have forgotten to email me and tell me.

Well thats nice leave me stranded in my contest prep.

Very basic layout. Just liked Dave alot better.

Ahh right yeah thats kinda poor service tbf I know we all make mistakes but thats a big mistakr to make.

How did you place at your show?

You are literally the only bad review of Alex I have found and probably only the 5th to rate Dave but Im gonna go over all the reviews and make a informed decision :)

Ahh right yeah thats kinda poor service tbf I know we all make mistakes but thats a big mistakr to make.

How did you place at your show?

You are literally the only bad review of Alex I have found and probably only the 5th to rate Dave but Im gonna go over all the reviews and make a informed decision :)

Your going to see alot of reviews of Alex, Shelbey, and others because they are active members on here.

I mean I look at so many pictures and read testimonys on coaches. They all seem to work.

Its very basic stuff. Your not going to go wrong with really any coach mentioned on here they all work.

Why not give the competition diet/cycle/training routine that Big A has written up on this very site a try? Post pics weekly. There are numerous top amateurs, npc judges, and pros on this site. Why not use it to you're advantage? And get their opinion by posting pics

I used DP for offseason. He sent me diet, drug cycle and workout.
My 2 buddies hired him too and guess what... he gave them same diet , drug and workout plan. Actually its the exactly same workout plan that he has on his web site for everyone to see for free.
His comunication is not that great at all.

Im 16 weeks out from contest and hired Alex Azarian. I worked with Alex before and had great results with him.

do your own diet you can do it. just dont overdo it :) save the money and buy more gear or HGH :) my 2 cents :)

My 2 buddies hired him too and guess what... he gave them same diet , drug and workout plan. Actually its the exactly same workout plan that he has on his web site for everyone to see for free.

Im 16 weeks out from contest and hired Alex Azarian. I worked with Alex before and had great results with him.

I have read very similar posts to this actually! About Daves stuff being virtually indentical to the stuff thats for free on the net and him not really tailoring stuff to 'you'

Im gonna say your a +1 vote for Alex then :p

do your own diet you can do it. just dont overdo it :) save the money and buy more gear or HGH :) my 2 cents :)

I have for the past like 3 years and I agree I could do it again.

I dunno though just something appealing.about having a knowledgeable coach behind me who may be able to guide me and suggest things in all areas of bodybuilding that I may not pick up on.

But I do realise there are other ways around this :)

i need to skirt around the subject but a person being mentioned alot here, i also used and I was far from impressed, the drugs he wanted me to use and the very lax approach to my health didnt sit well with me at all.

he also suggested to a friend who hardly looked like he trained to start using 250mgs of Test E EOD, my friend simply wanted to look good for the beach.

Again, I can only say IMO, you get what you pay for. Sometimes when you pay a little more, your trainer will be just as interested in your blood tests as they are what you look like on the outside.

If u need someones help to get big in the offseason, then maybe this sport isn't for u...

Dave's diet is the keto diet where you are barely getting any carbs and mostly eating fats and protein. If you can subject yourself to feeling like shit for the few first weeks and still feel like a zombie afterwards then go for it. The lack of carbs will also leave you looking very flat unless you add a refeed day but as far as I know, Palumbo doesn't incorporate refeed days and I think he should for the sake of sanity of feeding your muscles ample glucose even if it's just for one day out of the week. This is not to say I don't respect the man because I do, but I don't agree with his diet plan.

This is similar to a pro I know who hired Dave for precontest and they said they ended up coming in too flat for their show.

I tried Alex and was disappointed.

Have heard good things about the rest of the guys on here, but my advise would be if possible try to find someone good local that can actally see you in person every week.

Update guys!

After numerous good reviews and only minimal bad ones I have decided to hire Alex

Thanks for all the replys and I hope I made a wise decision :)

shocking!

We have some of the best online trainers right here on this board with tons of good reviews and you don't have to be a known guy to get them to help you.

Stick with the board sponsors, they have helped a few members of ours get their Pro cards and are happy to help you no matter who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner