over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone NOT drink protein shakes?

JohnnyPro

Registered
I'm just wondering because I'm thinking of replacing my protein shakes with small meals, for example a small portion of chicken and brown rice. I just think solid food would be a better choice for building muscle.

I too am facing such a decision, mostly because I can't stand drinking them anymore and my weight does not move.
I'm going to finish up my current supply and replace the shakes with tuna and rice meals and see what happens.

The only time i drink protein shakes is Post workout and Directly when Waking up.

Both shakes are made of High Quality ISOLATE protein without any sweetener

I drank shakes for 15 years regularly...Have not had one since 1999 and don't miss them a bit :)

I'm just wondering because I'm thinking of replacing my protein shakes with small meals, for example a small portion of chicken and brown rice. I just think solid food would be a better choice for building muscle.

I use to drink them but switched to food instead and look and feel much better, i think everyone likes them because their quick and easy, but food is much better.

most of the time yes, although when i am able to have all my meals consist of real food i find that my gains and energy are better

most of the time yes, although when i am able to have all my meals consist of real food i find that my gains and energy are better

whole foods are the only way to go ev er..there ok in an emergency but i think that protein shakes if you rely on them will give you a washed out look..postworkout if you must

I've never had much success with using them as a meal replacement.

I have had pretty good success drinking them with my meals.

:cool:

Can't beat animal protein. The only time I have shakes are last meal during a prep and offseason middle of the night if I am up.

I have a whey protein shake sometimes for breakfast....

But my usual "Shake" is liquid egg whites from Costco.

i only drink one shake... and its whey protein as soon as i get done lifting... but thas it...

I've never had much success with using them as a meal replacement.

I have had pretty good success drinking them with my meals.

:cool:

yea i take a 50g shake with each meal. i think it helps.

also with my schedule sometimes i dont have time to eat all my meals. rather have a shake and some toast than some fast food crap.

I only use it post workout. Everything else is food. 500 grams of protein/day.

I use to drink them but switched to food instead and look and feel much better, i think everyone likes them because their quick and easy, but food is much better.

It's almost as if the "lifeforce" was taken out of protein powder when you compare it to real food.

shakes

I love my shakes and have 4 every day and only 2 moderate food meals. Somebody please explain to me how whole food meals are superior. be it shakes or whole food should not make one bit of difference after the digestive process. the protein you eat or drink is digested into amino acids and utilized exactly the same no matter what source they come from as long as they are complete proteins. by the time your food nutrients are absorbed where they are needed your body has no idea wether they came from fish, eggs, beef or powdered sources.

In the morning I always drink protein shakes because I am not always hungry for a full meal of eggs/ww toast when I wake.. Sometimes I need that oatmeal mix/whey mix to kickstart my glycogen / blood sugar for the day.

I love my shakes and have 4 every day and only 2 moderate food meals. Somebody please explain to me how whole food meals are superior. be it shakes or whole food should not make one bit of difference after the digestive process. the protein you eat or drink is digested into amino acids and utilized exactly the same no matter what source they come from as long as they are complete proteins. by the time your food nutrients are absorbed where they are needed your body has no idea wether they came from fish, eggs, beef or powdered sources.

You can do that in offseason but when it comes to get lean, you must have more soild food.....

Just what I notic....

You can do that in offseason but when it comes to get lean, you must have more soild food.....

Just what I notic....

but i'm not talking about weight gainer shakes, just protein in powdered form vs protein from food gram for gram.

Whey is predigested protein. You burn more calories and get more of a metabolic boost eating whole foods.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws