over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honest Opinions Wanted

Diesel

Registered
I'm 23, just Honorably discharged from the military. I've been an MMA competitor for a number of years, but I think I actually want to try my hand @ BB'ing. My pics are here
I'm natural, I tried Anapolon a few years back but haven't used anything since. Not exactly sure where to start, any advice/opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Get on a good strength-based training program (maybe spend your first couple years powerlifting), eat a ton of good food, rest a lot, and read read read everything you can. If you're honestly interested in this, it's going to take a lot of time and effort.
It wouldn't hurt to hire someone for training and nutrition either. Phil Hernon would be my recommendation.

Get on a good strength-based training program (maybe spend your first couple years powerlifting), eat a ton of good food, rest a lot, and read read read everything you can. If you're honestly interested in this, it's going to take a lot of time and effort.
It wouldn't hurt to hire someone for training and nutrition either. Phil Hernon would be my recommendation.

Shelby is right on the money... remember patience is the key in this sport... so take your time and do things smartly, ie taking care of your health first :)

good advice.

Bump on Shelby's advice..........I would not have done any better with that. Good work Shelby!!

Be aware that it will take you years to get where you want to be, and it is a lifestyle. Your life will pretty much revolve around eating, training, and sleeping.

I'm 23, just Honorably discharged from the military. I've been an MMA competitor for a number of years, but I think I actually want to try my hand @ BB'ing. My pics are here
I'm natural, I tried Anapolon a few years back but haven't used anything since. Not exactly sure where to start, any advice/opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Beware of the cliche bodybuilder! I remember when I was a newbie and I'd get the typical bs answer of work hard, train, eat, sleep, yadda yadda, wait to use roids till you got a few years natural under your belt. Never anything concrete. Here's a concrete diet plan and basic training protocol that you can gain some serious size and mass on, I've used it for years. Keep it simple and cater your regimine to your genetics, recovery capacity etc.

Monday
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Bench 3x6
Incline DB press 2x6
Shoulder Press 3x6
Tri Extns 3x8
Tric pushdowns 3x8
Shrugs 2x8

Tuesday
Legs/Back/Biceps all 3x6 or 8
Squats
Leg Press
Barbell Row
Wide Grip Pulldown
Standing Bar curl
Incline BB curl

Thursday
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Bench Press 3x3
Flat DB fly 3x6
Upright row 3x8
Close Grip bench 3x5
Tricep dumbell ext 3x8

Friday
Legs/Back/Biceps
Squat 3x3
Deadlift 2x4 2x2
Behind neck pulldown 3x8
Preacher curl 3x8
Standing dumbell curl 3x8

Add 2.5-5lbs per week to your lifts at first. Then start adding smaller increments as you progress. Do workout in 3 week cycles by one week of only Mon/Tue workout. take rest of the week off and start over again for next 4 week cycle

Meal One
6 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal with raisins

Meal Two
Protein shake
1 large banana

Meal Three
2 chicken breasts
2 cups rice
1 cup mixed vegetables

Meal 4
Protein Shake
large banana

Meal 5
6 oz beef or fish
2 cups rice
1 cup green beans
large salad

Meal 6
Protein shake
1 lg banana

You'll gain some serious size and strength on this routine. I used it and have made great progress on it being 6'5 and ectomorphic.

First off all congrats, you are a military with honors and you are just a kid, but you know averything takes time and determinaton.
My advise is the same off my other friends here, take it easy, train, eat, read and get involve with the right people and always stay healthy.

All the best

Hire a trainer...

Phil Hernon comes very highly recommended.

If I had to start back at square one that's exactly the route I would take.

Good luck and keep us posted.

You've come to the right place, listen to these folks and you'll be fine.

Thanks for all the advice and motivation, very much appreciated. These last 2 1/2 months have been pretty hard, I was run off the road on my motorcycle and had a nasty wreck, broke my clavicle, 2 ribs and punctured a lung. Haven't been able to work out, my clavicle is still healing so I've shrunk considerably. With the tips and information I find here, I'm sure I can regain my lost size and continue packing it on from there. I'll keep you guys updated as I grow, thans for everything!

iam glad you are ok.i hope you have a fast recovery.

did the person that ran you off the road stop?or did they have no idea they did it?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great advice!!

And THANKS for your service to our country. America forever!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

iam glad you are ok.i hope you have a fast recovery.

did the person that ran you off the road stop?or did they have no idea they did it?

The person who ran me off was actually an EMT and called the paramedics immediately and came to see me @ the hospital.

Again, thanks for all the support guys :) I just started lifting VERY light to try to regain strength in my right shoulder and should hopefully be back in the gym mid September and working towards my goal of 190lbs by mid November. I'll keep you guys updated and if I ever have any quuestions I'll be sure to ask the people here :-D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear