over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT - Guys marry random girls?

Marriage is a Sacrament

Marriage is a Sacred Eternal Bond, indissoluble even by death. Marriage is a Sacrament in the sense that the human love between both a man and a woman is transformed by the Grace of Almighty God through the power of the Holy Spirit into a mystical union. The Sacrament of Marriage is directly related to the experience of the faithful being the mystical body of the Church. Marriage is also a sign of God's Kingdom, for it begins to restore the unity of mankind, broken by sin, and, represents a greater mystery, the unity of redeemed mankind in Jesus Christ. God created male and female with the intent that they should join together becoming one in spirit, mind and body. The human mind is not able to comprehend the real meaning of this sacred gift given to humanity by God, Himself. Today so many marriages end in divorce which is a terrible sin. The church is at fault for not stressing the importance of this beautiful gift. In the old days, one by which I personally follow, you were not allowed to divorce or receive an annulment accept in the case that either party did not want to have children. This was the only reason that a divorce would be granted. Today the church has become a money hungry institution where annulments are handed out left and right. I have been with my wife more than half of my life. We are together nearly 24 years. I was not always a faithful servant of God as some know I was far from it!!! My wife and I went through much together however we stuck together and believe in the sacramental bond we share under the power of God’s extraordinary Grace. Most men are immature and do not want to grow up. In some cases women can be the same way. The truth is all women are beautiful and I am not sure that we settle for less rather it is more that we fall in love with more than just the looks. Remember that we are made up of spirit mind and body which is the whole of the human being. I pray you all find that one special person who will walk through the fires of hell with you and stand by your side when you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. Why not ask our brother who was just married, OUCH. Chime in here bro and give your feed back. LOL Below is what takes place in an Orthodox marriage rite.
The Orthodox Rite

The Orthodox Church requires that a Priest be the minister of the Sacrament, as he, in the name and with the authority of the Diocesan Bishop, brings the marriage into being by conferring upon the couple, the blessings of the Church. Each action accomplished in the service is done to emphasis the relationship of oneness of the couple to each other and to the Church body.

The Blessing of Rings
The ring has been a symbol of faithfulness from the earliest of biblical times, both of God to man and of man to his bond of marriage. As the circle is the perfect shape symbolizing eternity, so the love and faithfulness of bridegroom and bride to each other is also to be the same. As the rings are blessed, they are placed on the third finger of the left hand with the words: For the bridegroom; "The king shall rejoice in Thy strength, O Lord, and in Thy salvation he shall be exceedingly glad." And for the bride; "The maiden shall be lead unto the king after him, and the maidens, her companions that follow her, shall be brought unto him."

The Joining of the Right Hands and The Exhortation
The Priest joins the right hand of the bride to the right hand of the bridegroom, recalling the oneness of Adam and Eve. He places his hand over theirs symbolizing the sanctifying blessing of their union, proclaiming "…Wherefore them that God has joined together, let no man put asunder."

The Vows
The bridegroom and bride are asked to respond three times to the inquiry of the priest. They each state their willingness to assume their proper roles as husband and wife in the context of St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians. The bridegroom is asked if he will be lord to this woman unto death. By his yes he promises to give of himself in total love and faithfulness to his spouse as Christ gave to his bride, the Church, in total love, even unto death. The bride is asked if she will be obedient to this man, even unto death. Her yes testifies to her willingness to be obedient to her husband, as the faithful are to be obedient to the Lord as the head of the Body, the Church. Lordship and obedience are dynamics of a special covenant and expression of a sacrificial love, enduring even to eternity. In no way does it suppose a worldly master/servant relationship, but rather that of Jesus as Lord and Master who gave of himself as servant to the world.

The Reading from Holy Scripture
The Scripture readings include the most revealing sections of the New Testament relative to marriage. The important point made by St. Paul in the Epistle to the Ephesians is that of the union of Christ with the Church, His Body, as the model – the absolute model – of the relationship between husband and wife. Marriage as a Sacrament is the introduction and the transposition of man-woman relationship into the already Kingdom of God, where Christ and the Church are one body. The Epistle gives further lucidity to the promises made earlier of the man and woman on being lord and obedient.
Following the Epistle is the Gospel reading from St. Matthew (19:3-9) that speaks of a man joining together with his wife and the two shall become one, giving further elucidation on the bond of union that is to exist.

The Crowning
The weddings chaplets placed upon the bridegroom and the bride are of Biblical origin. Traditionally a sign of victory in athletic competition, St. Paul writes; "Every athlete in training submits to strict discipline; he does so in order to be crowned with a crown that will not last; but we do it for one that will last forever." (I Cor. 9:25) Thus the chaplets become a symbol of eternal reward for righteousness. The prayer recalls the marriages of the Holy couples of Israel, asking God to place the bridegroom and bride in the company of these ancestors of Christ, to bestow upon them the same blessings they received as God's chosen. The Priest beseeches God to "make their marriage fruitful with offspring." God continues to act through human creative fertility; the "Temple of His body" is still being built and child bearing is participation in the Mystery of Christ. Childbirth and the raising of children are indeed a great joy and God's blessing. In giving life to others, man consciously imitates God's creative act.
The Gospel of St. John (2:1-11) is read of the marriage in Cana of Galilee. The changing of water into wine points to a transfiguration of the old to the new, a passage from death to life. It announces the possibility of transforming the natural order of things into a joyful celebration of God's presence among men.

The Common Cup
Wine is a gift of God to man and symbolic of life itself. Wine is something that makes us happy, something that sparkles, is used medicinally, and is sweet. That same wine that makes us happy can make us sad, can become flat and dull, can make us sick, and can go sour. It depends on how we use it. The couple shares in this common cup, as they are to share in the joys and difficulties of life together.

The Final Blessing
After the singing of the "Lord's Prayer", the newly married couple receives the blessing of the Church, sending them into the world to now live as husband and wife, king and queen of their kingdom and family

I pray you all find that one special person who will walk through the fires of hell with you and stand by your side when you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. Why not ask our brother who was just married, OUCH. Chime in here bro and give your feed back. LOL
All I have to say, I must say with the utmost humility and almost embarrassment since it is no secret how I've lived my life. I am currently engaged to be married and my former marriage was annulled many years ago. The reason our annulment was granted is because in order for a marriage to be valid, you have to make your vows to God of complete free will; free of any enticements or threats or any other force that requires you to sign the marriage "contract" under duress. You've heard the term "shotgun wedding" right? Well there is no such thing. If you have a shotgun to your head when you make your vow, then no marriage could reasonably be present. I'm not saying my wedding was a shotgun wedding but there were circumstances present that required me to marry, not of my own free will, but under some manner of distress. In cases like this, the marriage simply never happened. It's not as if we were married and then "unmarried". Rather, we were never truly married in the first place. I don't want to get into all the gritty details but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

Regarding the original post, I think it's somewhat disgraceful the way we have made our spouses and future spouses trophies rather than life partners. And truly more than partners sacramentally as, "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become ONE FLESH." In other words, the two separate entities, you and your bride, are cleaved together and become one entity - "cleaved" being a very important word there. Yours becomes hers, hers becomes yours. When you hurt her, you hurt yourself. In your pride, you are no longer your own with a wife dangling from your arm as a prize. You both are one flesh. This is a mystical thing that we cannot fully understand but even nature itself makes it clear.

Even naturally, why is it that we always remember our first? Why is our first real breakup so difficult and heartbreaking? C'mon now, you remember it. I'm of the opinion that it is in our biology to mate for life. When we mate a pair-bond is formed and we become deeply emotionally invested in that person in a very real way. However, with each subsequent relationship, that bonding mechanism becomes less and less as it's buried in an avalanche of temporary bonds. I'm speaking in terms of general psychology now, not necessarily of a spiritual nature. It's because of this that severe damage has been done to our family unit today - the most important unit in the entire world. We become sexual too early in life, we become sexual so casually, and we take our vows FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. It is a wonder that any marriage works at all!

We should not "settle" for a wife that we do not desire. But rather, we should "settle" on the idea that the love of our life will have as many imperfections as we do. She will not be perfect. She will not be a trophy or an award or something to boost our self-esteem. She should be a sweet and gentle person. A good mother and nurturer. A person that will be fit to be the "heart" of your home. She will be proud of her husband when he does well, and comfort him when he does not. These are the the things that make a woman beautiful and desirable. Human beings should not be degraded to trophies or a good "catch". We don't find love by ensnaring a victim for our amusement. There is a lot to be said on this.

It is a huge problem in the western world. Almost daily, we take life so casually and carelessly that the value of life itself is degraded to the point where it has no value. Sentient life is the most sacred and powerful and valuable thing in the entire universe. There is no other form of matter that is more valuable - not gold, or silver, or anything. We are the only matter that can look upon ourselves and our universe and be aware that we are here and we are alive. Nothing else in the temporal universe can make such a claim (except other sentient beings that are likely out there). We are truly the soul of the universe. What power could possibly be so cunning as to strip us of all that beauty and divinity and power only to be discarded as trash in a filthy dumpster? Man against man, explosions, gunfire... here we are in 2013 and we have still not evolved beyond the point of chopping each other into hamburger.

Pardon my digression there. I'm feeling a bit philosophical today. As to the original post and regarding what you should settle for in a wife. Lose your pride for a moment. Look inside the other person and what do you see? Do you see beauty or do you see filth? Maybe a little of both. This is settling: picture what your dream is of a beautiful home with loved and laughing children and good meals and love and happiness and then look at the woman. Can this woman give this to you? Because I'll "settle" for a woman like that any day.

Oh, and make sure she can cook. Because when you're both old, grey, and sagging, you'll still have a delicious hot meal waiting for you. :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws