Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
The_Raver

Proscar? F'in Prostate is killing me...
OK, it's been about a year, but it seems to be getting worse. I've got to piss every 40 minutes or so, feels like I'm going to squeeze out a gallon, but it's always a small one, and trickles out.

I know Proscar is supposed to help with this, but one of the older guys at work just had surgery for Prostate cancer and he brought up some interesting points.

Apparently, when men are operated on for Prostate cancer, there are two possible procedures: A nerve sparing procedure, and a destructive procedure. Which one is used depends on how much damage has been done to the Prostate. The bad part about the destuctive procedure is that in 80% of the cases, complete nerve function in the groin is lost. Must I outline the repurcussions of THAT? No more woodies....

Also, the nerve sparing procedure is much more likely to be used if there is early warning of Prostate trouble - and Proscar can MASK troube, until it's too late and the destructive procedure has to be used.

So, this begs the question...take Proscar for relief now, or suffer and go get checked out at the Doc's. I mean, not to put too much of a spin on things here, but male juice hogs are MUCH more likely to get Prostate cancer than non-juice hogs. Plus all the GH...Hmmmmm.....

What do ya'll think?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-07-2002 03:25 AM

Jethro Tull

Scary stuff.......
Man, the more I read about prostate surgury...scary. There are new methods I've been reading about but they all seem uncool to me.
I think they can put little chemo 'seeds' in the cancerous spots and that is supposed to work in some cases. I am not sure what to think of the take proscar or not question. I personally just go get it checked. So far no problems and no proscar.

02-07-2002 03:45 AM

drgoodbody

Raver, the !! Good to see ya bro...
and now let's talk about your prostate I have a close friend who late last year had gone in for a check up and the doctor didn't like what he saw/felt. My friend ended up having a "needle biopsy" where they took several small chunks of his prostate for further analysis. He said the procedure was the worst experience of his life He ended up finding out that he didn't have cancer but that he did have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BHP), and now he's on proscar to help. He told me he wasn't really having symptoms of a serious problem, just a bit of a weak piss stream and some urgency to go (hmm...sounds familiar....)

Bottom line is, you should probably get it checked by a doc before jumping on the proscar - for exactly the reasons you stated, and to rule out anything more serious. (you know this, why am I telling you this.... )

FYI - I've been on a 1/4 of a proscar daily for about a year, but that is to slow MPB, although I suppose it helps with general prostate health too (especially when you're on the sauce).

all best,

DrG

PS: Guiliani had the "little seeds" implanted in his prostate I believe. Not sure they are chemo, I thought they were radioactive pellets to kill the cancer locally.

02-07-2002 03:51 AM

Phil Hernon
IFBB PRO

PROSTATE CANCER
MY FATHER AND HIS FATHER BOTH HAD IT. YOU NEED TO GO GET A PSA (PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN) TEST DONE AND COMPARE IT TO ANOTHER TEST IN A FEW MONTHS. YOUR PROSTATE MUST BE SWOLLEN RIGHT NOW. IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE, GET IT DONE. DONT BE SCARED. PROSTATE CANCER IS A VERY SLOW GROWING CANCER, BUT ONCE OUTSIDE OF THE PROSTATE, ITS ALL OVER. GET IT DONE TOMORROW!!!

02-07-2002 04:01 AM

Jethro Tull

Dr. your right......radioactive seeds, not chemo.
nope you are right...radioactive seeds, I said chemo, incorrect on my part.

02-07-2002 04:11 AM

Paul Bunyan

Sometimes an elevated estrogen level can cause the prostate gland to swell. It isn't always DHT that causes the problem. PB

02-07-2002 04:48 AM

BALDNAZI

Although we have bumped heads in the past, I would never wish harm upon you.Therefore I will state the obvious and tell you to get your ass to the doctor.Good luck Rave..

"Der Sieg Wird Unser Sein"

02-07-2002 05:57 AM

The_Raver

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BALDNAZI
Although we have bumped heads in the past, I would never wish harm upon you.Therefore I will state the obvious and tell you to get your ass to the doctor.Good luck Rave..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear you on that one. I'll bury the hatchet on this end dude...let's keep our politics and personal convictions offline from here on, and concentrate on getting bigger and stronger.

I'll make an appointment tomorrow - will keep you all up to date on what the Doc says. I'm not worried about cancer at this early stage, just want to stay proactive on this one, as opposed to reactive.

02-07-2002 10:28 AM

Vein

Re: PROSTATE CANCER

quote:
Originally posted by Phil Hernon
MY FATHER AND HIS FATHER BOTH HAD IT. YOU NEED TO GO GET A PSA (PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN) TEST DONE AND COMPARE IT TO ANOTHER TEST IN A FEW MONTHS. YOUR PROSTATE MUST BE SWOLLEN RIGHT NOW. IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE, GET IT DONE. DONT BE SCARED. PROSTATE CANCER IS A VERY SLOW GROWING CANCER, BUT ONCE OUTSIDE OF THE PROSTATE, ITS ALL OVER. GET IT DONE TOMORROW!!!

Phil's right, cancer is nothing to fool with!!

02-07-2002 11:23 AM

BALDNAZI

Same here brother
I always knew you to be a man and you just showed it.No hard feelings from me either.If our paths ever cross in the future,you can be shit sure we are going to the nearest bar, drink ourselves silly and instead of kicking each others teeth in, we will have a great time busting up the place and everyone in it,ok? Talk to you soon......

02-07-2002 11:30 AM

BigGirl

proscar
this is my 1st post, so hello!

I'm not sure about the prostate thing, I guess I'd get it checked.

I'd like to just say a few things about proscar for those of you who may have girlfriends.

Women who are pregnant or plan to get pregnant should not handle crushed proscar tablets. Even a little anti-DHT can cause serious fetal sexual organ problems. (your child could be born missing a few important things, for real!)

Also, (and excuse my bluntness) you shouldn't cum in her if you are on proscar (and she is/wants to get pregnant). This drug gets passed that way (semen).

Proscar is the same thing as propecia, so you can use it for hair loss if you want, just crush the pill and make it last 5 days, which makes it the same strength, it also is cheaper to buy proscar.

Here's where I order it for my boyfriend: No scrip needed
http://medicapharma.com/Hair_Care/hair_care.html

BigGirl has attached this image:

02-09-2002 12:25 PM

The_Raver

Re: proscar

quote:
Originally posted by BigGirl
this is my 1st post, so hello!

I'm not sure about the prostate thing, I guess I'd get it checked.

I'd like to just say a few things about proscar for those of you who may have girlfriends.

Women who are pregnant or plan to get pregnant should not handle crushed proscar tablets. Even a little anti-DHT can cause serious fetal sexual organ problems. (your child could be born missing a few important things, for real!)

Also, (and excuse my bluntness) you shouldn't cum in her if you are on proscar (and she is/wants to get pregnant). This drug gets passed that way (semen).

Proscar is the same thing as propecia, so you can use it for hair loss if you want, just crush the pill and make it last 5 days, which makes it the same strength, it also is cheaper to buy proscar.

Here's where I order it for my boyfriend: No scrip needed
http://medicapharma.com/Hair_Care/hair_care.html

Nice info! (Especially the site ;-)

Fortunately, Mrs. Raver has had her tubes cut, burned, tied, folded, mutilated, and spindled, so no more kiddos here (3's enough, thanks).

You young fellers might want to pay atttention to Big Girl though...

02-09-2002 09:35 PM

MikeS

OK Rave-first off are you still on that 2-3g test wk cycle? That will certainly swell you prostate. Now prostate swelling/hypertrophy
CAN be an indication of present of future problems. It may or may not lead to cancerous-this has not been proven. And from your symptoms, you certainly have swelling. That needs to be checked.
Yup a PSA test, and the 'fickle finger of fate'. Now proscar can reduce this swelling, thats caused by DHT. If any gains are derived (nerve excitation/anabolic effects) from DHT they may be reduced in your BB performance, but I dont think its to a great degree. So personally - Id get checked first. If you are OK (hopefully) Id do 1mg proscar ED/EOD. Only OED if the sides are a problem (reduced sex drive...). It will reduce the swelling, and help the hairline too! Also- KEEP US POSTED about results of the exam.

02-10-2002 02:40 AM

TAE KYON LEE

Raver!! My Ranger Buddy!!
Bro, you have to know that an old guy like me has probably been where you are and felt the same paranoia. First off, at the risk of sounding stupid are you taking many the CNS stimulants such as ephedrine, clen or basics like increased caffeine. I know you're big on the T3 for cutting also (and maybe insulin). These can all have a dramatic effect on your need to piss (not on the amount you piss) and this is also affected by age. Also as far as the prostate goes, do not ever rely on the PSA test, as it has been proven to be unreliable, and caused many men my age to have unnecessary prostate surgery. There are many factors that can cause the symptoms you describe (and a lot of them are not serious). Shit, bro I might have to give you my cell phone # so I can talk to you and calm your nerves.

Tae**

02-10-2002 09:53 AM

LATS

in the gym i own there are many doctors of all specialties. i asked a endo man this same question as my father died of prostate cancer and i occasionally have noticed a swollen one myself. he stated (he also juices) that a good anti estrogen and proscar will about take care of any concerns. he did sstate that much of the problems we experience in that area are estrogen related and not always dht. and proscar has been proven in regards to the dht. so , if we are going to use large amounts of test and other androgens make sure you have armidex and proscar. it is worth the money and loke phil said , when it (the cancer leaves the prostate it is over folks. my father is a prime example. so if you do not have the bucks to purchase these items, you do not have the bucks to use the androgens. stay safe guys. we all want to live to a ripe old age and pump iron in the nursing homes. lol

02-11-2002 07:16 AM

The_Raver

Tae
"Shit, bro I might have to give you my cell phone # so I can talk to you and calm your nerves"

Hmmm. You've got my email addy old friend, you've had it for a long time.

Shoot that # my way - we have a whole LOT of common experiences to talk about as well. Remember the Winter Ranger Rock, or the Darby Queen? ;-)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear