over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The preworkout thread

I like Optimum Nutrition Essential Amino Energy ..

instructions say use 2 scoops in 10oz water...man if i did that that would send
me to the friggin moon ... i recommend 1 scoop max. ..

Any suggestions on Stim-free pre-workouts? Also, any suggestions for a nootropic or focus/cognitive support?

I'm looking for a pre-workout that has citrulline, betaine, beta-alanine, and Hydromax(glycerol). It would be great if it had combined focus support also! Thanks in advance!!

Any suggestions on Stim-free pre-workouts? Also, any suggestions for a nootropic or focus/cognitive support?

I'm looking for a pre-workout that has citrulline, betaine, beta-alanine, and Hydromax(glycerol). It would be great if it had combined focus support also! Thanks in advance!!

Wolf Pump
Superhuman Pump
Innovapharm Novapump Neuro
Supplement Needs Pre Pump+
NaughtyBoy Sickpump Synergy
Hosstile Bloodshot Non Stim
Peak Performance Labs Nuclear Pump

Wolf Pump
Superhuman Pump
Innovapharm Novapump Neuro
Supplement Needs Pre Pump+
NaughtyBoy Sickpump Synergy
Hosstile Bloodshot Non Stim
Peak Performance Labs Nuclear Pump
Thank you E! I will check these out. I'm trying to take a break from the stims.

I have had a tub of Glaxon's GFY for ages and I used it approx 6-12 months ago and it was decent but nothing special. Anyway it's been in a box ever since and I decided to use it a few days ago. It's really bizarre because it hit me unlike it's ever done before and not in a good way. I don't recall it ever making my face flush or tingle badly so even if I had it on a fairly empty stomach this time for it to do what it done was crazy. It's like it mutated sitting in the tub all this time :D I felt like I had just injected 2mg melanotan 2 after a 5 year break. I went the most red I have ever gone in my life and my whole face was buzzing to the point it hurt and I had stomach cramps etc. What I would expect from eating 1kg beta alanine powder. It's really strange because 1 serving only contains 1600mg beta alanine and 60mg niacin. I had to sit in the toilet for 20-30 mins just to let the redness go down (took about 1 hour) because I looked like I had just been on a sunbed for 2 hours. Never again... the tub is getting thrown in the bin.

I do have a tub of Cbum's Thavage Pre on it's way to me so that should be a good one. Over the next few months I mainly want to use good quality pre's with clinical doses of effective ingredients that aren't just loaded with stimulants and will give me a good boost in focus and performance without feeling too amped up.

I have had a tub of Glaxon's GFY for ages and I used it approx 6-12 months ago and it was decent but nothing special. Anyway it's been in a box ever since and I decided to use it a few days ago. It's really bizarre because it hit me unlike it's ever done before and not in a good way. I don't recall it ever making my face flush or tingle badly so even if I had it on a fairly empty stomach this time for it to do what it done was crazy. It's like it mutated sitting in the tub all this time :D I felt like I had just injected 2mg melanotan 2 after a 5 year break. I went the most red I have ever gone in my life and my whole face was buzzing to the point it hurt and I had stomach cramps etc. What I would expect from eating 1kg beta alanine powder. It's really strange because 1 serving only contains 1600mg beta alanine and 60mg niacin. I had to sit in the toilet for 20-30 mins just to let the redness go down (took about 1 hour) because I looked like I had just been on a sunbed for 2 hours. Never again... the tub is getting thrown in the bin.

I do have a tub of Cbum's Thavage Pre on it's way to me so that should be a good one. Over the next few months I mainly want to use good quality pre's with clinical doses of effective ingredients that aren't just loaded with stimulants and will give me a good boost in focus and performance without feeling too amped up.
Yeesh, that experience sounds miserable! I've only tried their Specimen pre and similar to you I'd say it was fine but meh. Their supplements do taste good though ( also occasionally use their Xeno V3 amino for an intra-workout.

I'll be curious to hear how you like Thavage. I'm on my second tub and it's probably my favorite pre at the moment (have like 8 or 9 in the stash atm). I was a tad skeptical of the energy aspect since it's "only" 260mg (though there's also synephrine), but it seems to do me just fine and I really like the other performance oriented ingredients like arginine nitrate, betaine and the solid amount of straight l-citrulline. Sits well in my stomach and the taste is pretty good, albeit a bit mild which I don't mind (blackberry lemonade).

I've also been meaning to update on Ryse's Godzilla pre-workout. Overall I like it; good, lasting pumps, endurance and energy and no crash. I was worried I'd get super annoying amounts of tingling from the 6+ grams of beta-alanine but surprisgly I feel next to none, likely due to most of my other current pres having a standard amount so I no longer get that effect, thankfully. I do think it's taken my stomach a bit to get used to Godzilla, probably because the full serving/two scoops is damn near 40 grams of powder, so I have to not slam it down or I feel a bit bloated for a while. Taste is decent, a bit like Sprite/lemon-lime. I think I saw a review in Amazon where someone described it as a laundry detergent-esque kinda taste and I can probably see that, too. Haha.

Yeesh, that experience sounds miserable! I've only tried their Specimen pre and similar to you I'd say it was fine but meh. Their supplements do taste good though ( also occasionally use their Xeno V3 amino for an intra-workout.

I'll be curious to hear how you like Thavage. I'm on my second tub and it's probably my favorite pre at the moment (have like 8 or 9 in the stash atm). I was a tad skeptical of the energy aspect since it's "only" 260mg (though there's also synephrine), but it seems to do me just fine and I really like the other performance oriented ingredients like arginine nitrate, betaine and the solid amount of straight l-citrulline. Sits well in my stomach and the taste is pretty good, albeit a bit mild which I don't mind (blackberry lemonade).

I've also been meaning to update on Ryse's Godzilla pre-workout. Overall I like it; good, lasting pumps, endurance and energy and no crash. I was worried I'd get super annoying amounts of tingling from the 6+ grams of beta-alanine but surprisgly I feel next to none, likely due to most of my other current pres having a standard amount so I no longer get that effect, thankfully. I do think it's taken my stomach a bit to get used to Godzilla, probably because the full serving/two scoops is damn near 40 grams of powder, so I have to not slam it down or I feel a bit bloated for a while. Taste is decent, a bit like Sprite/lemon-lime. I think I saw a review in Amazon where someone described it as a laundry detergent-esque kinda taste and I can probably see that, too. Haha.
Glaxon is all marketing and flavors , IMO. Tried their plasm surge stim free a while ago. 0 pump , or anything. Tasted good, though. They're way too overpriced.

I was looking for a more stimulant / focus/ productivity based preworkout and after reading some reviews I bought some Dark Labs Flame on the basis I would only need half a scoop, at half a scoop it was like a strong coffee but with better focus than what just coffee provides, at one scoop it was great, it had me buzzing for almost half an hour and then the "gotta get shit done" mode kicked in for almost three hours, I was eager to get to the gym and the workout was fantastic, unfortunately I have a mild case of rosacea, and when at the office I got told "are you feeling alright?" "you look a bit pink" which is a woman´s way of saying you have a face like a smacked bottom, so a no go for me, if anyone tries it at one scoop they better have something to do for the next couple of hours, I regret giving it away.

I was looking for a more stimulant / focus/ productivity based preworkout and after reading some reviews I bought some Dark Labs Flame on the basis I would only need half a scoop, at half a scoop it was like a strong coffee but with better focus than what just coffee provides, at one scoop it was great, it had me buzzing for almost half an hour and then the "gotta get shit done" mode kicked in for almost three hours, I was eager to get to the gym and the workout was fantastic, unfortunately I have a mild case of rosacea, and when at the office I got told "are you feeling alright?" "you look a bit pink" which is a woman´s way of saying you have a face like a smacked bottom, so a no go for me, if anyone tries it at one scoop they better have something to do for the next couple of hours, I regret giving it away.

Did it increase blood pressure or cause any palpitations?

Man Vox synthesize is amazing does all that and there’s a stim version but I never understand why guys take stims the are horrible for gains and they cut blood flow during training.

2 scoops of Cbum's Thavage Pre today and it was good. Nice boost in all areas (nothing over the top) and I had a great workout but I will need to use it a few more times before I can give it a score.

I re
2 scoops of Cbum's Thavage Pre today and it was good. Nice boost in all areas (nothing over the top) and I had a great workout but I will need to use it a few more times before I can give it a score.

ally dig the Bucced Up without stims and with glycerol

Man Vox synthesize is amazing does all that and there’s a stim version but I never understand why guys take stims the are horrible for gains and they cut blood flow during training.
I would be glad to answer that question to the best of my knowledge and experience. Everybody's chemistry is different (Like for some people can't tolerate caffeine at all or some need to take huge doses and have zero issues in doing so). For stims, specifically the E/C stack in my case, it has a profoundly positive effect before a powerlifting ( or any kind of brutal intense training session) in jacking up the mind-muscle connection and giving those muscles and the mind an incredibly intense connection that makes it so easy (and euphoric) for those explosive powerlifting movements that require great concentration and timing to perform. I can breathe so much better on it and just feel so much stronger and confident on it. Of course you gotta keep an eye on that BP and hear rate so you gotta give yourself enough time between sets and just pace yourself through the sets. But yeah..your mileage may vary (As with everything else) and not everybody is going to have the same results.

I re

ally dig the Bucced Up without stims and with glycerol I w
I would be glad to answer that question to the best of my knowledge and experience. Everybody's chemistry is different (Like for some people can't tolerate caffeine at all or some need to take huge doses and have zero issues in doing so). For stims, specifically the E/C stack in my case, it has a profoundly positive effect before a powerlifting ( or any kind of brutal intense training session) in jacking up the mind-muscle connection and giving those muscles and the mind an incredibly intense connection that makes it so easy (and euphoric) for those explosive powerlifting movements that require great concentration and timing to perform. I can breathe so much better on it and just feel so much stronger and confident on it. Of course you gotta keep an eye on that BP and hear rate so you gotta give yourself enough time between sets and just pace yourself through the sets. But yeah..your mileage may vary (As with everything else) and not everybody is going to have the same results.
I will say my aversion to stims came with size and age when I was a 23 year old MW I loved stims. So there is that

Love this thread.

I’ve used EVOLUTION NUTRITION ENGN SHRED for years and love it for clean energy, no crash. Absolutely recommend it and I still take it. But I’m looking for something that will give a better pump.

I’m not sure if my body has become immune to caffeine or pre workout just doesn’t do anything for me. Last affective pre I had was 5% Nutrition 5150. Granted this was 3yrs ago, and I was taking a scoop and a half and was wired. And I haven’t tried any pre up until a month ago and it was C4 Black series I believe and I tried one scoop in 10oz of water it might as well have been juice to me. I’ll drink black coffee every morning and that “wakes me up” but it doesn’t give me fuel so I’m not 100% sure 🤷🏽‍♂️

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear