over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRUTH ABOUT STEROIDS PART 2

What difference does it make? Bodybuilders are not addicted to AAS, they are addicted to the reinforcement they feel when they see themselves improve aesthetically.

Anybody who looks in the mirror after putting on 10 lbs of muscle and reshaping their bodies, is hooked. You don't see skinny guys sitting around eating Dbol or injecting Test.

You get addicted to being in control of your body, the power of reshaping yourself in the image you want to have of yourself. It's all about looking good to yourself and the increased attention you get from others.

That is what's addictive.

Great post and very much how I feel. I've stopped AAS usage in the past and didn't feel the need to turn back to it. It wasn't until I began gaining fat and losing muscle at a rapid rate (low test levels from pituitary tumor) that I turned to AAS again.

I was a fat kid that was picked on all the time in middle school and early high school and I know that my "addiction" is directly related to the progress and changes I've made through the hard work and diet. The changes I've made and the positive feelings that arose from the changin of my physique became my obsessiveness....an obsessiveness to be better and improve myself IN MY EYES. Then, the feeling I had when standing on stage for the first time in the shape and condition that I was in.....that was a high that I have never achieved with any drug...all of those things were "addictive" to me....not so much the AAS.

Saying "all" steroids act like an addictive recreational drug because 3 steroids in a study raise certain neural chemicals is quite a leap...what dosages where being used?

Especially a study done on rats, lol! Um rats are addicted to rotted cheese and any other crap u put in their system, not the best test subjects for addictive effects imo. Thats like giving a drug addict drugs and seeing if theyre addicted to them, um duh

Ever use dbol or adrol and become very tired?............maybe it has something to do with increased levels of seratonin or dopamine. If you feel depressed when not on these drugs........I wonder If a seratonin reuptake inhibitor or other anti depressant drug would be a good idea. Maybe you have undiagnosed depression and are self medicating with dbol.

Someone gets it! hahahahahha

I see this is an ad in disguise for a new medication Phil is pushing! :D

Was actually going to post about what phil mentioned about some posts people do cause i always wondered why some of you guys from the usa are so open cause jail seems very possible for you guys if you get busted its illegal in my country but the cops dont really care that much about it even was told by a friend that was cop they dont really worry about it the few friends that have been caught have just got a fine, i fell sorry for you guys in the usa but on the other hand you seem to have great hrt programs lol.

Especially a study done on rats, lol! Um rats are addicted to rotted cheese and any other crap u put in their system, not the best test subjects for addictive effects imo. Thats like giving a drug addict drugs and seeing if theyre addicted to them, um duh

Rats are biologically similar to humans. Their systems react to drugs in a very similar way. This research is up to standard and the results should be relevant to humans.

Huh?

rats addicted............. rotted cheese.........say no to drugs

i will say that alot of the high dosages we hear about were using the ug for gear.. they state that they are using 1000mgs of test.. but depending on who you are getting it from it could very well be 700mgs.. or less.. so many post their cycles stating the dosages and they may be in reality 2/3 to 1/2 that (again depending on where ya get it)

and yes, even the pros are sometimes relegated to using what ever they can get their hands on.. people who are "low dose" may actually be getting their stuff through legit channels.. hence the difference in dosages..

but i will sound like a broken record and state that anyone who is on their 3rd or 4th cycle and has broken a gram already is asking for trouble.. where do you go from here?but that is a different topic..

as far as addiction.. my dosages were that of a fitness competitor lol.. why? i was a puss.. simple as that.. scared me.. knew my limits right away.. so the "addiction" was never physical.. but more mental.. i liked the way i looked and felt.. could i have stopped.. ? sure.. i did several times.. but again, i never wanted it so bad that i risked much.. i wanted to be big and healthy as i could.. being the biggest guy at the mall was fine with me..;)

sorry

We were just starting to have fun!

What I meant to say is, rats are not drug addicts........they are simply bargain shoppers. Fresh cheese is expensive. They also tend to shop at outlet malls and are compulsive coupon cutters.

I'd be more worried about high fructose corn syrup being more addictive than cocaine in studies. The masses of the population eat high fructose corn syrup everyday and a small majority uses AAS. High fructose corn syrup is an epidemic in this country. Pretty soon you will have 8 yr olds robbing you at gun point to get their fix of soda.

Hey maybe its a good thing. Maybe its a government conspiracy of population control to get rid of all the uneducated people. :eek:

the term addiction is far overused in our society. we are "addicted" to everything.

I read the entire thread and won't even attempt to address all the points that were made, but I will say that abuse can lead to dependence. Steroids ARE a drug; that is no matter what any of us want to believe/feel/justify through studies and the delayed gratification that the steroids give to those who use them. A "drug" is something that we normally think of as something that gives us instant gratification and has an immediate and significant impact on our dopamine reward system. A drug is a drug is a drug. We are manipulating our hormones via an artificial and exogenous means........these drugs do have a profound impact on our behavior, many of us experience a positive change in behavior (training, structure in our lives, nutrition, increased confidence, increased dedication to our personal/professional lives, etc......). It is awesome that Phil found an empirically proctored piece of research to support "the truth about steroids".

well.......right now

i'm addicted to burgerkings "buck doubles"

:eek:

the term addiction is far overused in our society. we are "addicted" to everything.

........these drugs do have a profound impact on our behavior, many of us experience a positive change in behavior (training, structure in our lives, nutrition, increased confidence, increased dedication to our personal/professional lives, etc......). It is awesome that Phil found an empirically proctored piece of research to support "the truth about steroids".

What about people who are natty bodybuilders who do all the things in bold. Are they addicted to their vanity and wanting to look good. Like you said above the word addiction overused actually used inappropriately.

In my line of work addiction means chemical dependency such as a building a tolerance to the substance and experiencing withdrawal etc.

Them there is substance abuse which is use is the presence of dysfunction such as adverse affect on user life and others lives involved with that person example they are late to work, they get their kid to school late with no breakfast etc etc.

Just because something has the potential for addiction does not mean everyone who uses it will be addicted. Food, shopping, sex, caffeine, and alcohol all have the potential to be addicting, but for most of the population they will not illicit an addictive response.

But it's hard to argue that in no way are steroids addictive. How many people have said "only one cycle" that have stuck to it?

But if i have to pick a poison it's aas. We all have vices. Some like fine cigars, booze, woman, cigarettes, I like my hypothetical use of gear.

But it's important to keep your vices in check. I'm not going to be a pro bber. I will pursue bbing as a hobby/lifestyle. It WILL NOT let it override my education, family or friends.

what happen to TRUTH ABOUT STEROIDS PART 1:confused:

In general PHIL is correct.
I cannot deny i felt better ON than i do when OFF.
i explain being OFF like my mojo is gone. i am not as outgoing and can't seem to have as much positive energy and feelings. I don't feel as vibrant.

it is most definitely addicting mentally and hormonally.
-JS

After reading this whole thread, I have to agree with Phil on the addictivness of AAS...

JS- you are absolutely right about how great the feeling is while ON....
It is a HIGH...
Benching more weight than you ever have...
Watching your strength shoot through the roof...
Watching your weight go up and your bodyfat go down in such a short amount of time is EUPHORIC....
People gawking....
Girls staring....
Smaller guys showing respect....
Clothes fitting better...
Wanting to walk around without a shirt...
Becoming arrogant, egotistical, narcistic.....
Losing who you are and becoming someone who you ARENT.....

No one here can say that they have never felt these moments... And the thing is after each cycle, WE want more!... MORE.... MORE.... 8 week cycles become 10 week then 12 week then 20 week then... Year round...

We try one drug and the next time we add another, then another...

We start at a low dose, then we raise it.... IF HE can do 1g, why cant I?

The whole discussion is about treating our bodies better... We need to treat our bodies with more respect.... The ailments that come with this hobby are NOT worth it.... High BP, Cholesterol, depression, kidney problems, liver problems....

We need to understand and RESPECT the chemicals we are putting in our body... The first part of addiction is acceptance... If you say you are not addicted then stay clean for 2 years.... CLEAN = NOTHING

Phil is subtlety preaching a HOLISTIC approach.... DIET rich in vitamins, minerals... Training short and sweet in duration.... Only then can you add supplements... Not letting the MONSTER of EUPHORIA consume who you are and what your will and desire will allow you to accomplish....

I have been clean for 22 months... It has been difficult... But I have taken a hollistic approach of a diet rich in fruits, and vegetables... I feel Blessed to have found my way out of a darkness.... Im 30 now, and continuing to pursue educational, career, and life goals.... I WANT to be sure that I am around long enough to enjoy my accomplishments and share them with a family of my own one day....

Everyone, please be safe...

Nice

After reading this whole thread, I have to agree with Phil on the addictivness of AAS...

JS- you are absolutely right about how great the feeling is while ON....
It is a HIGH...
Benching more weight than you ever have...
Watching your strength shoot through the roof...
Watching your weight go up and your bodyfat go down in such a short amount of time is EUPHORIC....
People gawking....
Girls staring....
Smaller guys showing respect....
Clothes fitting better...
Wanting to walk around without a shirt...
Becoming arrogant, egotistical, narcistic.....
Losing who you are and becoming someone who you ARENT.....

No one here can say that they have never felt these moments... And the thing is after each cycle, WE want more!... MORE.... MORE.... 8 week cycles become 10 week then 12 week then 20 week then... Year round...

We try one drug and the next time we add another, then another...

We start at a low dose, then we raise it.... IF HE can do 1g, why cant I?

The whole discussion is about treating our bodies better... We need to treat our bodies with more respect.... The ailments that come with this hobby are NOT worth it.... High BP, Cholesterol, depression, kidney problems, liver problems....

We need to understand and RESPECT the chemicals we are putting in our body... The first part of addiction is acceptance... If you say you are not addicted then stay clean for 2 years.... CLEAN = NOTHING

Phil is subtlety preaching a HOLISTIC approach.... DIET rich in vitamins, minerals... Training short and sweet in duration.... Only then can you add supplements... Not letting the MONSTER of EUPHORIA consume who you are and what your will and desire will allow you to accomplish....

I have been clean for 22 months... It has been difficult... But I have taken a hollistic approach of a diet rich in fruits, and vegetables... I feel Blessed to have found my way out of a darkness.... Im 30 now, and continuing to pursue educational, career, and life goals.... I WANT to be sure that I am around long enough to enjoy my accomplishments and share them with a family of my own one day....

Everyone, please be safe...

Really nice.....thank you

Steroids

Do I compete? No.
Do I need it for my health due to low T levels? No.
Do I need it to attract a mate or be attractive in general? No.
Do I have to lift heavy objects or maintain a certain physique to earn a living? No.
Do I need respect/power from other men or associates? No.
Do I need it to survive? No.
Am I alone here in answering all of these questions the same? No.

If is not an addiction than I need to be put in a padded room for choosing to live a very abnormal life.

I definitely agree that AAS have addictive properties.

For my first cycle, I started out at 300mg test enth, a week later I bumped up to 500mg test, and added 400mg EQ.

A week later I added 40mg dbol ED.

A couple of weeks later I upped the test to 750mg and the EQ to 600mg.

When my dbol ran out, I added 100mg tren ace ED, which I've just cut back to 75mg ED after 3 weeks.

I plan to incorporate some masteron soon also.

I've also been using 30/70 slin pre-workout for the last 4 weeks.

I know this is absolutely ridiculous seeing as I have no aspirations to compete, but I thought I'd share this just to re-enforce that AAS can be somewhat addictive.

I feel great while 'ON', no doubt about it. I think the fact that most people who are drawn to AAS, have a certain personality type (Alpha), which also plays a big part in it, and have the attitude: If you're not moving forwards, you're moving backwards... ::port-smi

Great thread, Phil.

-Pack

Last edited:
It makes sense that Anadrol raises serotinin and noradrenaline levels,
and Dbol raises dopamine levels, and Deca raises endorphin levels. So when you take Steriods your body compensates for the increased energy by producing natural chemicals in the body at higher then normal levels, of course your test levels are throught the roof. But these levels would not cause a nicotine, or cocaine like craving. IMO

My original issue I suppose was more with how things were worded an how I perceived what Phil meant...but some other posters have put my point more succinctly...people don't continue to buy dbol because of the "high" it gives them...or inject deca because they want escape everyday life...obviously steroids affect more than just muscle tissue...the very interesting study Phil found showed that....it's a delayed high we/I chase....the constant want of improving....and what's an easy way to make sure you improve? Take more of this...add that....just a little longer on....alwys trying to improve bybanybmeans necessary. Add in an addictive personality and you have people pushing their limits of what's safe an unreasonable behavior at times. The sustanon vial isn't the criminal in the case..it's an accesorry to the crime. They may affect our minds...but the "reward/reinorcement" doesn't come from the drug...but rather the idea od what the drug will do. Not because it males you feel good. Take a dbol and wait until you start feigning for another one...jut sit and wait...wait until your body craves it??? Days? Months? Now do a line of coke....your thought process is now altered and you will have an internal battle In 20 minutes tops of wether or not you want to do another line....their is definitely an addictiveness that comes along with steroids but it's not in the sense of rec drugs...apple and oranges...that was my main point.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ATP44
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws