over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is your resting heart rate?

What is your resting heart rate? (while on TRT)

• 30-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40-50

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 50-60

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • 60-70

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • 70-80

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • 80-90

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • 90-100

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 100-110

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 110-120

• 120-130

• Total voters
Physical activity that maintains a HR between 55 to 90% of your max. Max is 220-age. That is just a guideline for max, yours may differ some.

15 to 60 minutes a session and 3 to 5 days a week.

Those were the recommendations I have in my graduate school textbook from 1991,lol a bit old. I suspect it hasn't changed too much since then.

Incidentally it has changed a bit, according to some recent literature. 208 - (0.7 x age) is looked upon as being a touch more predictive vs 220-age.

Use of predictive equations of maximum heart rate for exercise prescription: a comparative study

Conclusion: All age-predicted equations used tended to overestimate the measured value of HRpeak, however only the 220-age equation showed significant difference, demonstrating to be inappropriate for predicting maximal exertion in young adults, and the Tanaka et al. equation showed the best accuracy in terms of predicting HRpeak.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0rghszb3bhQXkpfBFeBxtN&cshid=1543890969316

Last edited:
Is LIsS cardio the most effective method to lower it? Mine is too high at 80

Does cardiotone help?

Absolutely not. Why would you think some weak ass cardio like that is more effective than HIIT or whatever challenges your oxygen during exercise?

You have to challenge yourself. No way around it.

I would be a bit concerned with that. Hopefully your cardiovascular system is just out of shape and you need cardio.

If it were a bit higher you would be classified as having tachycardia, which is anything 100 or higher. I would at least get an ekg done if I were you.

Thanks for the info.

I have had ekg's, stress tests, X-rays and MRI's. They have never found anything, but it does worry me a bit.

Joel Jamison 100% disagrees with you. He states high heart rate is due to sympathetic dominance. Scroll down to “shifting the autonomic nervous system”

You NEED Long Duration, Low Intensity Cardio - Robertson Training Systems

Not trying to be argumentative just what I’ve found from googling. I know shit-all about endurance training.

He sounds smart but he doesn't use many scientific references to support his claims, because the vast majority of science states the opposite. It's unfortunate articles like that can sound so convincing, yet be incorrect at the same time. I really can't blame anyone for taking that as truth. It's better to follow the more scientific sources like suppversity, ergolog, and most importantly, scan pubmed (where these scientific sources get their information).

Incidentally it has changed a bit, according to some recent literature. 208 - (0.7 x age) is looked upon as being a touch more predictive vs 220-age.

Use of predictive equations of maximum heart rate for exercise prescription: a comparative study

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0rghszb3bhQXkpfBFeBxtN&cshid=1543890969316

I remember seeing his name in a lot of studies back when I was in graduate school. He has been in the field a long time. I wonder what university he is out of. I just looked in my manual from 1994 and it said back then that the old 220 -age could be off as much as +- 15 bpm. I notice this new formula is about 3 beats higher for me. It is all approximate.

Today on the bike I had a peak heart rate of 130 and averaged around 115 or so. I have to be careful not to get mine too high.

Looks like the average resting HR here on this poll is in the low 70s probably, which is perfectly normal. An athletes, especially aerobic type athletes, would be considerably lower. I remember back in the 80s reading how Chuck Norris had a resting heart rate of 45!

Last edited:
Chuck Norris

38370_chuck-norris-640.jpg

He sounds smart but he doesn't use many scientific references to support his claims, because the vast majority of science states the opposite. It's unfortunate articles like that can sound so convincing, yet be incorrect at the same time. I really can't blame anyone for taking that as truth. It's better to follow the more scientific sources like suppversity, ergolog, and most importantly, scan pubmed (where these scientific sources get their information).

I’ve found clinical research on HIt vs LIsS on improving VO2 max, and yes HIT is quicker and more efficient to get it up. I just didn’t know if higher VO2 max is correlated with lower resting HR

I’ve found clinical research on HIt vs LIsS on improving VO2 max, and yes HIT is quicker and more efficient to get it up. I just didn’t know if higher VO2 max is correlated with lower resting HR

Yes there is a correlation there

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/10/endurance-training-overtraining-muscle.html?m=1

Hers one showing LISS is more demanding on parasympathetic system. So nothuman I guess if one is training sympathetic systems hard with resistance exercise (to failure, DC, ect) alternating LISS and HIT might be a good option to give the cns a break

Interestingly, the long duration seemed overall more demanding on total system then HIt.

Yes combining them is always the best option IMO. Too much endurance running is not good though.

A higher VO2 max is pointing at the hearts ability to pump more blood with each beat, stroke volume is higher and thus the heart is more efficient and can beat slower. Beat slower at rest or during stress. It comes down to cardiac output which is Stroke Volume X Heart rate, basically how much volume of blood can it pump out in a given time.

This website is ok:
https://blog.withings.com/2018/09/18/what-is-vo2-max-and-how-can-you-improve-it/

Last edited:
Outside of cardiovascular fitness, there are so many factors that can attribute to a higher resting heart rate. Thyroid function, iron deficiency, various forms of anemia, etc. That's why it's always best to have it looked into. Just my 2 cents seeing as I am in that boat as we speak.

Personally I think the only thing that affected me was tren. With tren I was in the upper 60s low 70s. Good luck.

Natty I was around 190 and lowest my RHR hit during the night was 35 bpm (based on my Garmin watch and Oura ring).

I am on month 2 of Test, EQ, NPP, GH cycle and it is between 45-50 bpm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity