over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hunter Labrada current diet ?? macros

You guys still doing the slin before your workout with your intra or is that in the past?

Both are great. I rotate everytime so do periods of pre only, post only or pre and post. My insulin dose is put onto my existing diet. Although these days I don't like to take a higher dose pre simply because of how it can impact your training. Dosing 10iu+ slin preworkout can throw many guys off and whilst I have done it with no issues many times these days I only have 50-60g max carbs intra and I don't like to push things too much. So I will take 5iu preworkout and have a banana and then drink my intra shake slowly which is loaded with eaa's, glutamine, creatine, hbcd's and carb10 (carbs totalling 50-60g max). Post workout I push carbs heavily so I can dose slin much higher if I need to. I usually just go with 10iu when dosing post workout but as my post workout meal is around 150g carbs now when I add it back in I will be dosing around 15iu slin post workout (just post workout this time). I may decide to push slin more in the next few months and if I do it will be with 1-2 meals so dosed at about 8iu as I generally eat 80-120g carbs most meals. I am very slin sensitive so I prefer to go over the 10g for 1iu rule and I make sure I spread out my meal or intra shake to prevent any hypo issues.

Both are great. I rotate everytime so do periods of pre only, post only or pre and post. My insulin dose is put onto my existing diet. Although these days I don't like to take a higher dose pre simply because of how it can impact your training. Dosing 10iu+ slin preworkout can throw many guys off and whilst I have done it with no issues many times these days I only have 50-60g max carbs intra and I don't like to push things too much. So I will take 5iu preworkout and have a banana and then drink my intra shake slowly which is loaded with eaa's, glutamine, creatine, hbcd's and carb10 (carbs totalling 50-60g max). Post workout I push carbs heavily so I can dose slin much higher if I need to. I usually just go with 10iu when dosing post workout but as my post workout meal is around 150g carbs now when I add it back in I will be dosing around 15iu slin post workout (just post workout this time). I may decide to push slin more in the next few months and if I do it will be with 1-2 meals so dosed at about 8iu as I generally eat 80-120g carbs most meals. I am very slin sensitive so I prefer to go over the 10g for 1iu rule and I make sure I spread out my meal or intra shake to prevent any hypo issues.
Justin Harris method of using insulin is you have your set meal plan. You start with 3-5iu of insulin with said meal you’re going to use insulin with depending on your current macros. The next time you eat that meal you would add an iu. Keep doing this until you just reach hypo, and then you know that the amount of insulin needed for this meal is the amount that made you go hypo minus 1 iu. He does this 3 days a week 3 times daily for offseason. He also breaks the week up into a high carb day, low carbs on off days, and moderate carbs on the others. You would then take the carbs that you would normally eat on the off days and add them to the high carb day and utilize insulin to drive it. So for example let’s say we know you can eat 400 grams of carbs every day seven days a week and make gains without gaining excessive fat. You have two Off days from training so well cut the carbs in half on those days, and add those carbs to the high day. So now you’re having 200 grams of carbs on off days, and 800 grams of carbs on your high day which should be for a bodypart like back or legs. You would use insulin 3 times that day to shittle those carbs. And you would do the same on one or two of your moderate 400 carb days. So overall carbs for the week are the same. But we’re getting insulin sensitizing by having low carb days, and we’re getting glycogen supercompensation on the high day with insulin, and we’re adding some anabolic effect and nutrient partitioning on the other days we use insulin. He rarely used insulin more than 3 days weekly

You guys still doing the slin before your workout with your intra or is that in the past?
pre and post..but only post rarely. window of Novolin and i workout late = not congruent

I have put on more size with insulin than anything in years. Ill post pic soon. I have been able to lean out decently still and diet is not great (mostly liquid protein meals and 1 junk meal) I have been gettting sick of the way the food I cook tastes. Maybe its time to switch seasonings or explore some of the recipes here. Shrimp and Cod have been easy for me to digest. Chicken and beef hard.

I appreciate your feedback. I have only tried it pre and a few times post. I don't have enough experience in this field.

I can only train legs right now due to bicep surgery. It's tempting to use it on my leg days, but I doubt it would do much for me

L
pre and post..but only post rarely. window of Novolin and i workout late = not congruent

I have put on more size with insulin than anything in years. Ill post pic soon. I have been able to lean out decently still and diet is not great (mostly liquid protein meals and 1 junk meal) I have been gettting sick of the way the food I cook tastes. Maybe its time to switch seasonings or explore some of the recipes here. Shrimp and Cod have been easy for me to digest. Chicken and beef hard.
i always get leaner when using insulin

Try this recipe....but use fish instead of pork chops.

Seasoned pork chops with peppers and sausage

I love Cajun food. It’s one of my all time favorites and I made up this recipe with some ingredients I had on hand one day. It’s loosely based on gumbo and smothered pork chops

Ingredients

4-5pork chops of your choice. You could use chicken breast too
Cajun seasoning..Tony Chacheries is good
Flour
Sausage of choice. I’d recommend andouille or kielbasa
2 whole bell peppers
1 can chicken stock
3 cloves garlic

Season pork chops with the Cajun seasoning and coat in flour and shake off excess and set aside
Chop up the bell pepper and sausage and mince the garlic.
Add 2 tbl oil to a pan on medium high and sear the pork on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side and remove from pan. Sauté the bell peppers, sausage, and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add the pork back in and add the chicken stock. Cover and simmer on medium for about 30 minutes and enjoy! Also....a couple shots of Louisiana hot sauce in this adds a lot of depth of flavor

Attachments

• 94FAC534-6341-4F7B-B4BC-6CEEF0A50026.jpeg
    94FAC534-6341-4F7B-B4BC-6CEEF0A50026.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
Justin Harris method of using insulin is you have your set meal plan. You start with 3-5iu of insulin with said meal you’re going to use insulin with depending on your current macros. The next time you eat that meal you would add an iu. Keep doing this until you just reach hypo, and then you know that the amount of insulin needed for this meal is the amount that made you go hypo minus 1 iu. He does this 3 days a week 3 times daily for offseason. He also breaks the week up into a high carb day, low carbs on off days, and moderate carbs on the others. You would then take the carbs that you would normally eat on the off days and add them to the high carb day and utilize insulin to drive it. So for example let’s say we know you can eat 400 grams of carbs every day seven days a week and make gains without gaining excessive fat. You have two Off days from training so well cut the carbs in half on those days, and add those carbs to the high day. So now you’re having 200 grams of carbs on off days, and 800 grams of carbs on your high day which should be for a bodypart like back or legs. You would use insulin 3 times that day to shittle those carbs. And you would do the same on one or two of your moderate 400 carb days. So overall carbs for the week are the same. But we’re getting insulin sensitizing by having low carb days, and we’re getting glycogen supercompensation on the high day with insulin, and we’re adding some anabolic effect and nutrient partitioning on the other days we use insulin. He rarely used insulin more than 3 days weekly

That's a great approach. It would only work for guys who are 100% consistent with their diet and obviously follow an exact meal plan. I think anyone who is using regular insulin multiple times per week is best following an approach like this. You basically want to carb cycle for the reasons you highlight. Pounding the carbs everyday with frequent insulin usage could cause some sensitivity issues over time (for most people) so you either cycle/change your diet, cycle your insulin, use effective supplementation or a combination of everything. Obviously the higher the insulin dose, frequency of usage and the person's stats/genetics will dictate everything. For me I could use fast acting insulin 3 times per day and 3 days per week and still pound the carbs daily and have very little issues but it's always good to have some low days and/or occasional breaks (2 weeks for example) from time to time.

it is obvious that most pro bodybuilders use high doses of insulin all year round. But Chris Aceto, recommends small doses of insulin like 6-8iu to very large amounts of carbohydrates. I only use insulin when my blood sugar is high. currently eating 170 g of carbohydrate fast, workaut does not need insulin.

I've worked with Justin this entire year and this is "in the ballpark."
I'm not going to discuss his plans at all but I'm assuming you are stating this because you've used him in the past.

I've worked with Justin this entire year and this is "in the ballpark."
I'm not going to discuss his plans at all but I'm assuming you are stating this because you've used him in the past.
Ive never used Justin. I wouldn’t ever give out proprietary information. This was his breakdown of insulin usage that he gave on a podcast I listened to recently. He definitely generalized it so as not to have a bunch of morons jump on his words and start pounding insulin. But I like his conservative approach to it as well as carb cycling throughout the week to maintain sensitivity and body composition. I will be giving this a go in the near future

Justin Harris’s method seems retarded. Why wouldn’t you just use insulin and monitor BG with a meter and adjust as necessary?

Justin Harris’s method seems retarded. Why wouldn’t you just use insulin and monitor BG with a meter and adjust as necessary?

Ive never used Justin. I wouldn’t ever give out proprietary information. This was his breakdown of insulin usage that he gave on a podcast I listened to recently. He definitely generalized it so as not to have a bunch of morons jump on his words and start pounding insulin. But I like his conservative approach to it as well as carb cycling throughout the week to maintain sensitivity and body composition. I will be giving this a go in the near future

Matsu, it's not as simple as the explanation above. Remember that Justin is one of the few guys who uses the BG monitor during carb ups pre-show....so he definitely uses them and is a big proponent. The stuff he explained on the podcast is pretttty general. I used him (and still am) during my entire offseason using his insulin protocols and i had my best offseason ever. Im not trying to say it was because of the slin use—it was a lot of factors. But i actually used slin much more BEFORE him....his approach was actually less than I was anticipating. But shit works. It was NOT 3x a week 3x a day though. And Justin is one of the smartest BBing dudes in the biz today. Every question i asked he had a long detailed explanation why this worked based on science. It was never, "well i tried this with _____ and he blew up." Dude quit BBing for years to get his masters in physics haha SUPER intelligent guy. But his carb cycling approach worked really well for me. I had been 290+ before but it was BY FAR the leanest I had been. I personally probably need 1 more offseason with him to fully fill out a 6ft frame but dude knows how to get guys to GROW. That was the coach I was looking for. Luke turned Pro with him, Dom Triveline basically put 20lbs of stage weight on by working with him. That was the goal.

Hunters total macros dont match his meals, something is missing. Highly doubt its this accurate then if the total macros dont even fit.

The whole fats to carbs ratio is the most overrated thing people always worry about when it comes to nutrition. Some people think they need very few fats. Others think they need few carbs. The reality is just eat quality nutrition and don't freak out over the amount you have of each. Protein is the one that really matters most.

The whole fats to carbs ratio is the most overrated thing people always worry about when it comes to nutrition. Some people think they need very few fats. Others think they need few carbs. The reality is just eat quality nutrition and don't freak out over the amount you have of each. Protein is the one that really matters most.
Mike Mentzer was a proponent of a balanced diet. Did not believe that extreme restrictive diets were necessary

I think he has the best approach. he says the pre and post is 10 years old lol. his way makes sense. he starts most clients with 1 high day only. max is 3 depending on the person/ectro/endo etc and work load.

Matsu, it's not as simple as the explanation above. Remember that Justin is one of the few guys who uses the BG monitor during carb ups pre-show....so he definitely uses them and is a big proponent. The stuff he explained on the podcast is pretttty general. I used him (and still am) during my entire offseason using his insulin protocols and i had my best offseason ever. Im not trying to say it was because of the slin use—it was a lot of factors. But i actually used slin much more BEFORE him....his approach was actually less than I was anticipating. But shit works. It was NOT 3x a week 3x a day though. And Justin is one of the smartest BBing dudes in the biz today. Every question i asked he had a long detailed explanation why this worked based on science. It was never, "well i tried this with _____ and he blew up." Dude quit BBing for years to get his masters in physics haha SUPER intelligent guy. But his carb cycling approach worked really well for me. I had been 290+ before but it was BY FAR the leanest I had been. I personally probably need 1 more offseason with him to fully fill out a 6ft frame but dude knows how to get guys to GROW. That was the coach I was looking for. Luke turned Pro with him, Dom Triveline basically put 20lbs of stage weight on by working with him. That was the goal.
Id be curious to know, how low were your low carb days? Were they also much lower in total calories, so not just carb cycling, but calorie cycling? I wonder if you weren't so big and required so many calories to grow if he would also incorporate intermittent fasting to further increase insulin sensitivity. Probably not possible though due to the amount of calories you need to consume (the small feeding window would be uncomfortable compared to someone like me who would need to intake much less calories)

Id be curious to know, how low were your low carb days? Were they also much lower in total calories, so not just carb cycling, but calorie cycling? I wonder if you weren't so big and required so many calories to grow if he would also incorporate intermittent fasting to further increase insulin sensitivity. Probably not possible though due to the amount of calories you need to consume (the small feeding window would be uncomfortable compared to someone like me who would need to intake much less calories)
You should read The Macrunutrient Guidebook. Justin and Shelby published it like a decade ago and it was one of the first books that really made me think about the way I was eating. But i mention it in that it has always been calorie cycling. Low days have higher fat and lower carbs. High days, the inverse. Its never just been the carbs rotating, at least from those 2 ridiculously smart individuals.

And to my knowledge, no true BBing coach incorporates intermittent fasting like that. Some, like JM, might throw it out there to help with digestion (after years of heavy eating). But i say that leaning hard on BBing coach. If you're the average dude trying to look good, intermittent fast for sure. But if you are any semblance of a competitor, nah. You're finding the optimal ways to feed your body the amino acids you need to preserve and build muscle as well—and there are better ways to do that than intermittent fasting.

You should read The Macrunutrient Guidebook. Justin and Shelby published it like a decade ago and it was one of the first books that really made me think about the way I was eating. But i mention it in that it has always been calorie cycling. Low days have higher fat and lower carbs. High days, the inverse. Its never just been the carbs rotating, at least from those 2 ridiculously smart individuals.

And to my knowledge, no true BBing coach incorporates intermittent fasting like that. Some, like JM, might throw it out there to help with digestion (after years of heavy eating). But i say that leaning hard on BBing coach. If you're the average dude trying to look good, intermittent fast for sure. But if you are any semblance of a competitor, nah. You're finding the optimal ways to feed your body the amino acids you need to preserve and build muscle as well—and there are better ways to do that than intermittent fasting.

OK I definitely need this book now, I already said it earlier this thread

But where the hell do I find it? I see it as an ebook at Barnes but I'd rather have a way of buying it directly from either guy. I'll hit up their websites

OK I definitely need this book now, I already said it earlier this thread

But where the hell do I find it? I see it as an ebook at Barnes but I'd rather have a way of buying it directly from either guy. I'll hit up their websites
Shelby sells it on his site and Justin does as well at troponinnutrition

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity