over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hunter Labrada current diet ?? macros

Me too. I had to give them up completely. Oats of any kind bloat me like crazy for hours

Have you ever tried oat bran? I tried oatmeal every which way and could never like the taste, texture, or how it affected me. When I first tried oat bran I wondered why oatmeal is even a thing.

Have you ever tried oat bran? I tried oatmeal every which way and could never like the taste, texture, or how it affected me. When I first tried oat bran I wondered why oatmeal is even a thing.
I love the taste of oatmeal, just can’t deal
With what it does to my guts. Jasmine and sticky rice are basically my sole carb sources these days

Does the insulin drive all calories in the post workout window into muscles? I assume once glycogen is full, it then drives them (fat pro and carbs) into fat cells?

So the mechanism where it could lead to fat storage is too many calories in the pw window? But we know cico over the course of the day determines fat storage, so how to analyze all this to perfect our diet around insulin?

I'd assume at the end of the day, all that matters is we get a sufficient pwo meal to not waste the insulin and eat the correct daily calorie intake relative to our goals. Meaning fat in the insulin window (within reason) won't hinder or benefit our goals?

what funny about this is 30 years ago this would have appeared in Flex magazine and would have listed his offseason diet as follows.

meal 1 - oatmeal and egg whites

meals 2-6 boiled chicken
1 cup rice
steamed broccoli

post workout. 2 scoops Mega Mass 2000

I'd also wonder, does using slin and some fat with our pwo meal (putting fat potentially into muscles) give is any more permanent fullness or help us remain leaner by keeping the fat away from fat cells? Probably splitting hairs but I'm bored today lol

I'd also wonder, does using slin and some fat with our pwo meal (putting fat potentially into muscles) give is any more permanent fullness or help us remain leaner by keeping the fat away from fat cells? Probably splitting hairs but I'm bored today lol
Insulin cannot put fat into cells. It only transports carbs and through some pathways a bit of aminos. Fat being present at the time of insulin use will not shuttle fat. Insulin will however shuttle carbs into fat cells. You can make it shuttle more preferentially into muscle tissue by being more insulin sensitive

Does the insulin drive all calories in the post workout window into muscles? I assume once glycogen is full, it then drives them (fat pro and carbs) into fat cells?

So the mechanism where it could lead to fat storage is too many calories in the pw window? But we know cico over the course of the day determines fat storage, so how to analyze all this to perfect our diet around insulin?

I'd assume at the end of the day, all that matters is we get a sufficient pwo meal to not waste the insulin and eat the correct daily calorie intake relative to our goals. Meaning fat in the insulin window (within reason) won't hinder or benefit our goals?
We don’t want to perfect our diet around insulin. We want to adjust the insulin to our current goals and diet. Don’t increase insulin to cover the amount of carbs you want to eat or you will just get fat. Listen to how Phil viz utilizes insulin and it will make way more sense

Insulin cannot put fat into cells. It only transports carbs and through some pathways a bit of aminos. Fat being present at the time of insulin use will not shuttle fat. Insulin will however shuttle carbs into fat cells. You can make it shuttle more preferentially into muscle tissue by being more insulin sensitive
I know insulin sensitivity can be increased long term with diet modification and losing fat and with supplements, but can it be increased short term so the insulin and workout window is optimized?

For example..fast during the day prior to the pre workout meal, slin, and training. Possibly take berberine, r ala, also prior or with that meal? Or is that too short of a window to create any higher level of sensitivity prior to our intake of carbs and insulin around a training session?

We don’t want to perfect our diet around insulin. We want to adjust the insulin to our current goals and diet. Don’t increase insulin to cover the amount of carbs you want to eat or you will just get fat. Listen to how Phil viz utilizes insulin and it will make way more sense
Correct I agree. My proper caloric intake comes first then I add insulin as my diet allows it. What I will do is shift calories around during the day to accommodate the slin. So say I eat 400g of carbs and 100 are typically pre workout. If I want to expirament with more insulin, I may deduct some carbs from my breakfast and add them to my pre workout meal to cover a bump up in insulin. Total daily carbs and calories remain unchanged. Do you feel this is a solid approach?

We need to ask those folks on My 600 lb life how they do 6000 plus calories day after day!

When they show their gastric bypass surgery on tv, you see how eating so much actually makes the stomach grow larger. Some look like they are 3 times or more normal size. Not sure if that ever shrinks down.

touche. My post was more along the lines of
I know insulin sensitivity can be increased long term with diet modification and losing fat and with supplements, but can it be increased short term so the insulin and workout window is optimized?

For example..fast during the day prior to the pre workout meal, slin, and training. Possibly take berberine, r ala, also prior or with that meal? Or is that too short of a window to create any higher level of sensitivity prior to our intake of carbs and insulin around a training session?

over at Dat B true we had many guys cut on low dose insulin.

low low calories until 2-3pm, carb and protein meal.

4pm intra workout of creatine/glutamine/EAAs +2-3iu insulin, post workout egg whites, whey, a little chicken. No carbs, just protein and some fish oil.

low calories and being anabolic as possible around lifting

So Phil Viz has all his guys go essentially carb free all day on non training days to help insulin sensitivity. Then he has a carb heavy meal before bed. And post workout insulin the next day

Correct I agree. My proper caloric intake comes first then I add insulin as my diet allows it. What I will do is shift calories around during the day to accommodate the slin. So say I eat 400g of carbs and 100 are typically pre workout. If I want to expirament with more insulin, I may deduct some carbs from my breakfast and add them to my pre workout meal to cover a bump up in insulin. Total daily carbs and calories remain unchanged. Do you feel this is a solid approach?
I would focus most of my carbs around the peri workout time period. Then I would utilize a small amount of insulin at 1-2 other meals daily in accordance with how much carbs I’m eating during those meals to shuttle additional nutrients. Timing of insulin is important too. Insulin pre meal can lead to a drop in blood sugar leading to excess hunger and over eating which can make you fat in the long run

Insulin pre meal can lead to a drop in blood sugar leading to excess hunger and over eating which can make you fat in the long run
Humalog did that to me too many times and I stopped using it. I switched over to humulin R and did better with that. I would only do it post workout along with Hgh. Fairly low dose.

So Phil Viz has all his guys go essentially carb free all day on non training days to help insulin sensitivity. Then he has a carb heavy meal before bed. And post workout insulin the next day
Sounds like a solid approach, the carb cycling. What was the reason for the high carb meal before bed? Do they train early in the am? Seems like it would be more optimal to hold off on carbs until closer to the actual training session is maximizing insulin sensitivity is the goal. Interning he preferred the shot post, it seems like I see most taking it pre to get the nutrients shuttling just prior and during the training session?

Sounds like a solid approach, the carb cycling. What was the reason for the high carb meal before bed? Do they train early in the am? Seems like it would be more optimal to hold off on carbs until closer to the actual training session is maximizing insulin sensitivity is the goal. Interning he preferred the shot post, it seems like I see most taking it pre to get the nutrients shuttling just prior and during the training session?
So they would have full glycogen stores for the next mornings workout. He’s big on eating food, then monitoring blood glucose, and using the correct amount of insulin to cover for the bg you’re showing post meal

I love the taste of oatmeal, just can’t deal
With what it does to my guts. Jasmine and sticky rice are basically my sole carb sources these days
damn bro, we have the same stomach it seems. I do well with those 2 and the same @ avoiding oatmeal ouch

Phil viz is a very smart dude. I have spoken with him plenty over the years, much of it regarding the digestive system. The stretching techniques he implements during lifting are crucial. The dude has sick legs

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
danicatrainestapp
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws