over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Former addict turned bodybuilder???

not to be a dick but changing one addiction or compulsive type behavior for another is not a cure, you simply just switched drugs ( though typically are still engaging similar chemical pathways ) which is why its easy to transition from drug addict to bb addict. especially since the core of the bb lifestyle for most is centered around drug and supplement use.

drug abuse is rampant in the bb lifestyle, as is the focus on chemical stimulus, be that food, sup or drug.

I have also know many addicts that have transitioned to other life through AA or NA or similar. none have over come addiction they simply switched drugs. rather street drugs they use cigarettes, coffee and sugary foods. they are still addicts, they are just behaiving in more socially acceptable ways.

the only reason I know this is because I am genuinely fucked up, just like most addicts, my brian and brain chemistry are not normal I am driven towards chemical producing activities because my brain is deprived of the normal chemistry that occurs in people who are "normal", "happy" and "well adjusted" .

there is no cure, ill never be better as in permenintly I am only as good as my collective reason and will power in any given situation and in all probability will be volatile until the day I die.

this is why I am compelled and somewhat obsessed with training, diet(ing) and this whole bb sort of lifestyle. at its best it forces us to be honest with ourselves, not just for right now but in general especially if you try and learn from it.

sure I want a cookie, but will eating that cookie bring me closer to or further from my immediate goal.

sure I want to be big lean and muscular, if I take this giant cycle, it may help in the short term, but could it be detrimental in the long run?

In the big picture I think this life style can help but I also think it can be an easy trade off for one drug behavior to another.

Good post, makes a lot of sense. Bodybuilders are some of the biggest drug abusers on the planet.

This is kind of amazing how many people here have turned to bodybuilding so they could overcome a drug addiction. I just started lifting weights when I was 18 and became addicted. Never had a drug problem though, let alone done a recreational drug in my life (weed doesn't count). I just used alcohol throughout my party years and didn't let that evolve into anything worse.

I was addicted to coke, crack, iv opiates, mainlining coke etc...almost everything except heroin...lost my nursing license because of it, got a felony charge because of it...lucky for me its a charge not a conviction....off probation this december, also will have my bachellors in criminology with a perfect 4.0....bodybuilding saved me....i mean i always worked out and was pretty big but now im better than ever ...happy too...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I was ready to compete in bodybuilding and then got a major injury.
I couldn't train for a year, I lost all my muscle. I got so depressed I got addicted to cocaïne, heroine, and amphetamines. I got me nearly killed a coupled times.
My injury healed after 2 years and I began training again and I quit taking rec.drugs.
I was about to lose everything, my wife, house , my car ....
Luckely I was manage to quit the drugs and have a better life and
be a better husband.

Last edited:
not to be a dick but changing one addiction or compulsive type behavior for another is not a cure, you simply just switched drugs ( though typically are still engaging similar chemical pathways ) which is why its easy to transition from drug addict to bb addict. especially since the core of the bb lifestyle for most is centered around drug and supplement use.

drug abuse is rampant in the bb lifestyle, as is the focus on chemical stimulus, be that food, sup or drug.

I have also know many addicts that have transitioned to other life through AA or NA or similar. none have over come addiction they simply switched drugs. rather street drugs they use cigarettes, coffee and sugary foods. they are still addicts, they are just behaiving in more socially acceptable ways.

the only reason I know this is because I am genuinely fucked up, just like most addicts, my brian and brain chemistry are not normal I am driven towards chemical producing activities because my brain is deprived of the normal chemistry that occurs in people who are "normal", "happy" and "well adjusted" .

there is no cure, ill never be better as in permenintly I am only as good as my collective reason and will power in any given situation and in all probability will be volatile until the day I die.

this is why I am compelled and somewhat obsessed with training, diet(ing) and this whole bb sort of lifestyle. at its best it forces us to be honest with ourselves, not just for right now but in general especially if you try and learn from it.

sure I want a cookie, but will eating that cookie bring me closer to or further from my immediate goal.

sure I want to be big lean and muscular, if I take this giant cycle, it may help in the short term, but could it be detrimental in the long run?

In the big picture I think this life style can help but I also think it can be an easy trade off for one drug behavior to another.

If im gonna do something its better that it makes me better...

There is no one that is not addicted to something, be it eating, working, using drugs etc....

Hell you probably jerk off so much your dick is rubbed raw...but who am i to judge?

I feel bodybuilding has saved me in so many ways, but what's gonna save me from bodybuilding ???

i was a heavy drug user for 10 yrs the last 5 a severe heroin addict now im a drug cocunceler. like mentioned earlier, bodybuilding gave me a new outlet and although its jus a tradeoff to another addiction at least its a postive one thats not hurting me or others. Hard for others to undersatand this but im sure any real addict knows where im coming from

a little nubain pre workout back in mid to late 90's got me started with my battle with addiction. had problems with all of them, x, ghb, coke, meth but the oppiates were always the go to.

If im gonna do something its better that it makes me better...

There is no one that is not addicted to something, be it eating, working, using drugs etc....

Hell you probably jerk off so much your dick is rubbed raw...but who am i to judge?

i didn't think i said anything judgemental?

there are plenty of healthy people who do not have addicitions. just because one repeates a behavior often does not mean one is addicted.

there is no garentee that bodybuilding or lifting weights makes you better. actually, i think on this board you could probably find people who are "worse" because of there obsession or fixation on all of this.

i simply stated that changing one addiction for another does not mean one is no longer an addict.

a little nubain pre workout back in mid to late 90's got me started with my battle with addiction. had problems with all of them, x, ghb, coke, meth but the oppiates were always the go to.

Bain is what got me started to bro! A little bit pre workout.....wish I never would of touched the shit!

many people get the meaning of addiction and habit mixed up. an addiction is some thing one does even though they are having negative consequences from it. a habit is some thing you do regularly. bb'ing may be an addiction for some but for most it appears to be some thing that improves their quality of life.

I was like you, I did any and everything.

Last edited:
i didn't think i said anything judgemental?

there are plenty of healthy people who do not have addicitions. just because one repeates a behavior often does not mean one is addicted.

there is no garentee that bodybuilding or lifting weights makes you better. actually, i think on this board you could probably find people who are "worse" because of there obsession or fixation on all of this.

i simply stated that changing one addiction for another does not mean one is no longer an addict.

Wurd

I'm a recovered addict/alcoholic. Coming up on 4 years of sobriety!

If you truly want to be free of your addiction you need to find a solution for it. Replacing it with another obsession won't work, IMO.
I tried many times to substitute working out for the drugs and alcohol. I would go for a few weeks to a few months clean but inevitably went back to partying. Not until I faced my addiction and found a solution that worked for me was I able to really turn my life around. By turning my life around I don't mean just not using drugs and alcohol I mean truly living a beautiful fulfilling life. I had to change my entire belief system. My solution was a spiritual one, found through the 12 Steps of Alcoholic's and Cocaine Anonymous.

I workout today but it isn't the only thing in my life. I have a wonderful wife, a business, I'm very active in my Church and volunteer in the community. I believe my life is well rounded and rewarding. Today I try to constantly better myself both spiritually and physically.

If you want to discuss anything further feel free to send me a message.

Renewlyf

This is a great thread - I hope we get plenty of input. Yes, I have struggled and continue to struggle with alcoholism. Bodybuilding, however, is a wonderful distraction, and has moved me towards drinking less and less.

This is a great thread - I hope we get plenty of input. Yes, I have struggled and continue to struggle with alcoholism. Bodybuilding, however, is a wonderful distraction, and has moved me towards drinking less and less.

You can do it buddy, and your life will be 10x more fulfilling.

You can do it buddy, and your life will be 10x more fulfilling.

Thank you for the response, bro. In the next 6 months I am looking to post not just physique transformation photos, but a personal transformation as well. 2013 has been rough for me - lost my job (working again now), jail time for an alcohol-related offense, not to mention a lack of focus on training and nutrition. A simple note of encouragement like yours goes a long way in my recovery and turnaround. Thanks brother.

I Only Have One Word To AdD. Once I Understood The Chemistry Of The Brain, It Provided The Biggest Part Of The Solution...Endorphins.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Zcrowe18
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws