advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH taken at 11 PM significantly higher nitrogen retention than 8 AM (Study)

Black Beard

Registered
Surely we have newer info than a study from the 70s? Not saying it's not interesting, but GH hasn't been as demonized as anabolics, surely someone has done more in depth research since.

Surely we have newer info than a study from the 70s? Not saying it's not interesting, but GH hasn't been as demonized as anabolics, surely someone has done more in depth research since.

Some of the best info is hidden in very old studies. A study being older or newer has nothing to do with how good it is. The methodology matters the most and reproducible results. The benefit of newer studies is that they can draw from older studies and find more patterns.

It makes sense to take it before bed since that's when your body is supposed to produce it's highest level of growth hormone and lowest amount of cortisol (which HGH lowers). I try to take all my hormones when my body is supposed to produce them naturally (dhea, thyroid, hydrocortisone, vitamin d3 in the mornings. hgh and melatonin at night.)

It makes sense to take it before bed since that's when your body is supposed to produce it's highest level of growth hormone and lowest amount of cortisol (which HGH lowers). I try to take all my hormones when my body is supposed to produce them naturally (dhea, thyroid, hydrocortisone, vitamin d3 in the mornings. hgh and melatonin at night.)

I used to do well with evening/bedtime HGH, but now it messes with my sleep. I find my best mood/well-being from SQ AM. I do IF in the mornings too, so i get the fasted lipolysis effect from it too. AM HGH leads to hyperinsulinemia every time you eat a meal within 12 hours of the GH, noting that, i just feel too good using AM to switch back to bedtime/evening.

Some of the best info is hidden in very old studies. A study being older or newer has nothing to do with how good it is. The methodology matters the most and reproducible results. The benefit of newer studies is that they can draw from older studies and find more patterns.
Agreed a lot is buried from the 60s and 70s from behind the iron curtain not only juice but training odd supplements and diets.

Interesting to see the dosages ranging from 1.6 to 16iu for a 220lb man.

I always dose twice daily both for optimal recovery
1. Immediately post workout (I train early)
2. Right before bed.

I take it pre-bed

Unisom with a cbd/THC/cbn gummy and lights out

I usually dose it pre workout or pre bed. Mainly pre bed because I get crazy dreams and I sleep much better. I don't get the same effect when I dose it earlier on. Well I still sleep great because it makes me tired but I don't experience the crazy dreams. I am not using them at the moment but the other supps I like to take pre bed are ZMA and melatonin.

I used to do well with evening/bedtime HGH, but now it messes with my sleep. I find my best mood/well-being from SQ AM. I do IF in the mornings too, so i get the fasted lipolysis effect from it too. AM HGH leads to hyperinsulinemia every time you eat a meal within 12 hours of the GH, noting that, i just feel too good using AM to switch back to bedtime/evening.
Me too, i do not sleep as well if i take it before bedtime.
Ditto for me no go before bed. Heart pounds and is already beat up from training at 6pm
Is it possible it is interfering with your sleep because you are taking supraphysiological amounts? I only take 1iu for anti aging purposes before bed and sleep better.

Is it possible it is interfering with your sleep because you are taking supraphysiological amounts? I only take 1iu for anti aging purposes before bed and sleep better.
Right. A person should sleep better taking before bed. I take 2 1/2 ius every morning.

All amounts, but the lower the dosage, the less likely it is to happen. I can get away with 2 IU bedtime and be fine usually. I generally prefer the 3-5 IU daily range. 3 IU is about 25-27 y/o whereas as 5 IU is closer to 16-18 year old. It's funny cause i used to be fine with 5 IU evening/bedtime years ago.

A gem from 1973

View attachment 178412

Curious about orals like Winny, any difference between am and pm too? I usually just take pre.

Also curious your thoughts on how soon pre cardio to take gh when using ecy+gh pre fasted cardio? I used to shoot gh upon waking then hit the gym. But read it actually starts releasing efas at about 2 hours so may be better to shoot then hit cardio 2 hours later assuming it's feasible?

Nice find.
I always use it late in the day, don't really like the daytime lethargy from AM dosing, unless it's a low dose.

Curious about orals like Winny, any difference between am and pm too? I usually just take pre.

Also curious your thoughts on how soon pre cardio to take gh when using ecy+gh pre fasted cardio? I used to shoot gh upon waking then hit the gym. But read it actually starts releasing efas at about 2 hours so may be better to shoot then hit cardio 2 hours later assuming it's feasible?

Muscles are made during recovery, so i wouldn't worry too much about timing orals. However, you can experiment with pre work out and see if it works for you as some people feel they get a benefit. It could be placebo effect (which can be as powerful as an AAS) but AAS do have "non-genomic" effects, these are rapid effects which kick in right away and only when levels are elevated, so its not impossible.

The muscle building effect of AAS is a genomic effect which is why it takes a few weeks to see it, so generally, timing orals and injectables should not have a significant effect on gains.

As for HGH timing, FFA (FREE FATTY ACIDS) seem to peak about 4 hours after SQ administration (so likely 3 hours for IM injection). The question is, do we wait for that 4 hour peak then burn it off with cardio or does doing cardio in that 4 hour window release extra FFA anyways. I would go with the latter; 30 to 60 minutes after GH to start cardio in a fasted state should be sufficient, but end of the day consistent caloric deficit or maintenance is the key.

Personally, i don't nit pick or focus too much on these finer details myself but it is fun to think about. HGH seems to also work by making fat cells resistant to absorbing calories/glucose/etc (partially via insulin resistance mechanism) ie turning on lipolysis and turning off lipogenesis. It also increases the metabolic rate and Free T3 production. This explains why a lot people in their teen years can just binge on food and not gain significant amounts of fat.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws