over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many grams of protien do you eat?

After having ordered a little over 35 pounds of different protein powder / blends from truenutrition I'm starting to get in about 350 grams and sometimes even 500 grams , it's very easy to get it in with the protein powder if you know how to bake / cook with it LOL, that and the fact that bbq season is here protein is easy to get in. Never have I ran protein so high usually 250 max!

If I feel the gains are worth it or I respond well to it I might keep it up , but I think its very unnecessary and so far I haven't noticed anything noteworthy I do feel it puts more stress on the kidneys then needed and that's never good.

420g most days 200g from protein powder.

200g from whole eggs & chicken etc

200g from powder form which i mainly eat as a chocolate mousse mixed with some Hershey's

Between 200 and 300 grams for me. Most of this from whole foods. I used to take 400 to 500 grams per day and since I have dropped it back all I have noticed is a flatter stomach

Mine varies based on hunger but im usually around 480G per day. I eat an average of 8 meals with 60G protien per meal, eating only when hungry. im 5'7" and 215 in the morning....a bit over 220 at night....217 if I take more than 2 dumps... lol.

Correct me if im wrong but i was told ur body can only absorb 50g of protein at one time...anything over that is burned off????????? I ve always got in at least 200g until recently......the switch from 200 to 350-400g night an day differnce.....wish i woulda figured that out sooner

666 grams a day... if it's less than that, I start to lose muscle, if it's more, I gain fat

Correct me if im wrong but i was told ur body can only absorb 50g of protein at one time...anything over that is burned off????????? I ve always got in at least 200g until recently......the switch from 200 to 350-400g night an day differnce.....wish i woulda figured that out sooner

another bodybuilding myth

I try to go 1g per pound of body weight. But end up around 150g. I'm 6ft 240lbs.
If I didn't feel like throwing up I'll consume more.

I eat 75-80 g per meal , 5-7 meals a day.
my carbs are low compared to most at only 200-250 a day average
and fats are 25-30g per meal

I'm not dieting per say right now just slowly bulking trying to keep body fat in the 10-12% range

I'm only taking 50g of whey post workout and what little whey and pepto pro is in MG's powdered muscle the rest comes from meat

250g daily
Used to eat as high as 400g in the past - too much for my body.

i'm usually around 150-250g a day.

I've did the 2x BW protein and noticed absolutely no difference at all...once you get above 400, i actually think it's pretty hard to get those grams in...but then again I always like whole foods rather than shakes.

Plus, I'd rather have some delicious carbs or fats to make up the rest of my macros :p

I really love the SuppVersity blog and they wrote an article on protein consumption that was really interesting.

Science Round-Up Seconds: Looking at Fast, Slow & Total Protein Intake Again. More Than 2g/kg Protein = Madness? - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

150grams @ 230lbs
No need for the massive amount of protein most guys on here consume. 100-150 grams per day is more than enough. Bodybuilding is full of more myths than any other sport.

Amen to that I have always been one to take in high protein and fairly low amount of carbs and fats. Until recently because of tough financial times I can't afford all the protein (I dont use any powders all food) so have decreased protein and increased carbs to save money and feel great more energy, better pumps in the gym, did have to trial and error it to find out which carbs agreed with my body so I didn't feel bloated and gassy all the time.

270 grams daily.

That's lower than i would have thought, what amount of calories do you consume a day if you don't mind me asking? :)

right now im trying to lean up so im eating around 3100-3200 calories. i eat around 400 grams of carbs and the rest fats. some days i dip down to about 2800.

right now im trying to lean up so im eating around 3100-3200 calories. i eat around 400 grams of carbs and the rest fats. some days i dip down to about 2800.

Thanks

I eat bout 40g a meal...4-6x a day... Carbs a lil higher... I'm only about 212 rite now tho,5'9.5 @ around 8-9% I'd say... all solid foods and sum liquid egg white/fruit or chobani yogurt shakes... I did just get a thing of this liquid collagen protein from this guy I kno... I think its pretty good, and quick to put down 2 shot glasses of it... I actually never got a chance to try phils lbas but I will be here shortly... Everybody luvs them thangz lol...

Last edited:
Cutting. High carb days about 240, med carb days 260, low carb days 300 plud

Bulking mabey a little less as carbs are pretty high and carbs are protein sparing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member