over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many grams of protien do you eat?

I usually go by 300g a day. I dont think i need that much, but when i get 300g im sure i have enough. Imagine not having enough protein when the body needs it to build muscle, put all the hard work in but it sort of goes to waste just because you didnt have the protein to rebuild at that given time.
The body doesnt build muscle all the time, i mean, it requires caloric surplus as well as enough protein. Why wouldnt you have a overflood of protein? Its the only thing the body cant replace by it self. If you lack fat or carbs the body can replace it switching things around, but protein/aminos the body needs to get in. I would rather have more than enough at least. So when the body finally finds time to build muscle it has all that it needs so i dont waste my time rebuilding.
IF you consume too much protein, the body would use extra energy just to make it into glucose or fat, that extra energy means you burn more calories. Fat or carbs will just be stored as fat when you have more than enough, without the need of extra energy to do that process.

Is everyone in agreement that super high protein is not harmful to the kidneys? It used to be said years ago but I feel like studies have came out and no one claim's that it is potentially harmful anymore.

I
Is everyone in agreement that super high protein is not harmful to the kidneys? It used to be said years ago but I feel like studies have came out and no one claim's that it is potentially harmful anymore.
It's only harmful if you have bad kidneys. It's not the cause of them being bad.

ive always done a gram of protein per pound of body weight while cutting. To bulk I like to bump it up to at least 1.5g per body weight and usually go 2g of protein per pound of body weight. I get a lot of that protein through meals with a few shakes. Protein isolate shake after a work out and casein at night.
I’m complete opposite ,during bulk it’s 1g per pound you have all those carbs and fats to count on which is protein sparing, now during cutting ,I bump up to 1.5g per pound, because you don’t have the carbs and fats as much like you do in bulk ,so I up protein in a cut

I

It's only harmful if you have bad kidneys. It's not the cause of them being bad.
This. Normal kidneys can handle it fine but fucked kidneys can’t (depending on level of fucked). Mine are fucked with 70% scarring and a rare one in a million autoimmune disease called c3g that attacks them - if I consume over ~120g a day I can see it on the protein test strips. The higher the worse they are. I’ve been slowly seemingly healing my kidneys, though, and the further I heal the higher protein I can consume with less protein spillage in my urine.

No need for the massive amount of protein most guys on here consume. 100-150 grams per day is more than enough. Bodybuilding is full of more myths than any other sport.
I disagee. Seems like the guys who always advocate for less protein, those guys are never, ever the biggest guys. In my experience, training myself for nearly 40 years now, and as a personal trainer of others for going on 20, if someone is training hard, the more protein ingested the bigger they get, period. The best way to get off a plateau is to up the protein intake. Lifting heavy, progressive resistance training, and eating more protein hasn't one time in my experience not led to more muscle. "Massive amounts of protein" is subjective. Skinny people, runners, etc., think more than 50 grams a day is massive. "Big guys" who have gained 30 pounds of muscle, and no more, think eating 200 grams a day is massive. HUGE guys who eat 300 grams a day still don't consider that amount massive. When I would get in the 280 range it was never due to "supplements," it was always due to 24/7 dedication to consuming 400-500 grams of protein every day. Look at The World's Strongest Man giants, like Eddie Hall. What Eddie Hall did would be impossible on 150 grams of protein a day, regardless if he took enough drugs to supply the NFL for a year.

In general, 275-300g a day. When prepping for a heavy strongman contest, 400g

I ate 300-350 grams of protein a day for over 25 years. Depending on what i was shooting for. In general i found the more real quality protein i ate the better my results. 1 egg meal a day, 1 protein drink after a workout and 4+ meat meals a day. And now that i am an old man i am down to at least 150-200 grams a day. My last blood test showed my eGFR was 99.

400-500 a day
Eggwhites, Humapro, and fat free Icelandic yogurt because it’s hard for me digest meat or any type of whey.

400g including trace protein.

i shoot for at least 75% of my body weight in protein. More if i can. I'm 235, 6', 14-15% bf.

I like approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. I’ve experimented with 1.5-2 grams per pound of body weight and it hurt me more than it helped.

Curious on the amounts of protien the members here eat. During a cutting phase and a bulking phase? Anyone tried taking in less than 1g per lb and notice any differences??
I experimented with a half a gram of protein per pound of body weight for a while and noticed I lost a little bit of strength, a little bit of muscle, and gained a little body fat from an increase in appetite. But it was nothing significant because steroids are protein sparing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131