over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Jewett - what he really thinks about "healthy bodybuilding approach"

That’s not an argument for counting all your protein. You’re just pointing out calories.

As long as you’re consistent in exactly what and how u track, it doesn’t matter what you do.

Perfect example is weight watchers. You can count EVERYTHING….the 2g fat and 6g protein from the tortilla wrap….or you can count it as 25g carbs. Or you csn count 2 weight watcher points….

I don’t subtract fiber carbs…..if I eat 2lbs broccoli…it’s 60g carbs. (I don’t do this, it’s for a ridiculous example).

It honestly doesn’t matter, how you do it.
Consistency is what matters.

It’s like the weigh raw/cooked argument.

I agree the research is useful, but I think all the information can...like you said....cause paralysis by analysis. I can see scenarios where people start to learn more with good intentions to grow better but end of worse due to their research..I've been guilty myself

Say for example someone loves doing a bro split.... going to the gym and destroying 1 part. They begin reading how increased frequency is better. They then switch to full body 3x a week and hate it...just hate it....and aren't as motivated and don't realize their not training as intense...but stick to a routine they aren't motivated by because scientific on paper it's better

Ot say a dude reads about long rest intervals and higher volume produces more growth... He changes what he does and his workouts are a lot longer. Say he works 50 hours a week now he's cutting into his sleep with the extra gym time.

I personally love doing drop sets, giant sets, buf some of these guys say they aren't good...the stimulus to fatigue ratio

I definitely agree with you but can see how investing too much in the science vs just training hard and destroying the target muscle can be a bad idea in certain cases. I think borge fergeli a popular guy showed a graphic saying only 2 sets for biceps a week.more is a waste..he had rational evidence wise...but I think people doing 2 sets or so for biceps would be a bad choice.

But it still doesn’t make the science of the sport any less valuable, and more information is always better than less.

The issue comes from someone not having enough maturity, wisdom, experience, and intellect to make rational decisions.

What’s funny is most people do the same with drugs (drugs too early, doses too high, stay on too long), but we call that out less… which is why they can’t fathom how people grow on less gear. “But I had to take a gram of test to look decent! He must be on 2 grams of test!”… Well yeah, because you popped your cherry hard and fast and had absolutely zero patience. Most people on this board started using gear too soon and their doses are too high when they do use. Poor decisions, just like with training.

But it still doesn’t make the science of the sport any less valuable, and more information is always better than less.

The issue comes from someone not having enough maturity, wisdom, experience, and intellect to make rational decisions.

What’s funny is most people do the same with drugs (drugs too early, doses too high, stay on too long), but we call that out less… which is why they can’t fathom how people grow on less gear. “But I had to take a gram of test to look decent! He must be on 2 grams of test!”… Well yeah, because you popped your cherry hard and fast and had absolutely zero patience. Most people on this board started using gear too soon and their doses are too high when they do use. Poor decisions, just like with training.

👍🏿👏🏿👏🏿 TRUTH!

I agree the research is useful, but I think all the information can...like you said....cause paralysis by analysis. I can see scenarios where people start to learn more with good intentions to grow better but end of worse due to their research..I've been guilty myself

Say for example someone loves doing a bro split.... going to the gym and destroying 1 part. They begin reading how increased frequency is better. They then switch to full body 3x a week and hate it...just hate it....and aren't as motivated and don't realize their not training as intense...but stick to a routine they aren't motivated by because scientific on paper it's better

Ot say a dude reads about long rest intervals and higher volume produces more growth... He changes what he does and his workouts are a lot longer. Say he works 50 hours a week now he's cutting into his sleep with the extra gym time.

I personally love doing drop sets, giant sets, buf some of these guys say they aren't good...the stimulus to fatigue ratio

I definitely agree with you but can see how investing too much in the science vs just training hard and destroying the target muscle can be a bad idea in certain cases. I think borge fergeli a popular guy showed a graphic saying only 2 sets for biceps a week.more is a waste..he had rational evidence wise...but I think people doing 2 sets or so for biceps would be a bad choice.
Borge Fagerli is a member here.

Borge Fagerli is a member here.
Good, the more the better. Enjoy his content especially on myo reps but am not in the camp that smaller muscles like side delts and biceps recover equal or slower than large. If for no other reason the load used. Would be hard for someone to do 20 rep hack squats every day, I know I couldn't. But 20 rep lat raises or preacher curls I could recover from. I believe Paul Carter also advocates very low volume lately.

Good, the more the better. Enjoy his content especially on myo reps but am not in the camp that smaller muscles like side delts and biceps recover equal or slower than large. If for no other reason the load used. Would be hard for someone to do 20 rep hack squats every day, I know I couldn't. But 20 rep lat raises or preacher curls I could recover from. I believe Paul Carter also advocates very low volume lately.
He has not been here since 2018 it appears. Posts under the name Blade_HST

I don't know much of John Jewett so it might just be his facial expressions but he looked visably annoyed at points during that discussion 😂

It was good to see him engage you in debate though and actually consider differing view points - I just watched a similar "debate" with Victor black - and wow can that guy not see any view point but his own 😂

I don't know much of John Jewett so it might just be his facial expressions but he looked visably annoyed at points during that discussion 😂

It was good to see him engage you in debate though and actually consider differing view points - I just watched a similar "debate" with Victor black - and wow can that guy not see any view point but his own 😂

@TeaMan did a wonderful job. But at times I can understand why John seemed a little frustrated.

John was hashing out how he does things, and @TeaMan would explain….well most pros eat this much. “I don’t know pros who grow any with primo….use nandrolone”. Why not up the test? Why not just train hard as you can and eat as much as you can? Why not eat more on off days and just use more Lantus?

@TeaMan was just laying out the old school approach of train well beyond requirements for a hypertrophic stimulus, eat well beyond protein needs, take the most anabolic AAS drug classes there are (test/19 nor) and up the dose.

The sledgehammer method works. I think John was pointing out, that is not required, and he believes his methods will keep
You in the game longer.

@TeaMan dont read this as me thinking you only have the capacity do do the sledgehammer plan with yourself and clients, I saw it as you asking “why NOT the sledgehammer approach” if it is proven.

Good stuff. I love the debate, question everything, push back, think for yourself.

Hello, heres the podcast i promised you i'll make with the John about he's approach to the bodybuilding, and what stands behind hes thought process - a little debate with me, as mine approach is little different and im not agreeing on everything he preaches (and i don't say im right, its just what i am believeing in"
You just got yourself some new fans 🥳

Op would definitely be interested in seeing you post a routine...arms/delts or even full. Split...sets... intensifiers....if you use progressive overload or more Milos style...I like your views on training was def good content.

@TeaMan did a wonderful job. But at times I can understand why John seemed a little frustrated.

John was hashing out how he does things, and @TeaMan would explain….well most pros eat this much. “I don’t know pros who grow any with primo….use nandrolone”. Why not up the test? Why not just train hard as you can and eat as much as you can? Why not eat more on off days and just use more Lantus?

@TeaMan was just laying out the old school approach of train well beyond requirements for a hypertrophic stimulus, eat well beyond protein needs, take the most anabolic AAS drug classes there are (test/19 nor) and up the dose.

The sledgehammer method works. I think John was pointing out, that is not required, and he believes his methods will keep
You in the game longer.

@TeaMan dont read this as me thinking you only have the capacity do do the sledgehammer plan with yourself and clients, I saw it as you asking “why NOT the sledgehammer approach” if it is proven.
Yea don’t worry man I got you view, I was just playing a devil advocate here, and try to contradict John to make him prove what he’s preach. Remember that we are talking about HIGH LEVEL ATHLETES so that’s why do dosage, training volume and protein/food intake I consider > more is better as this is how this people make their outcome, this is win or lose and the athletes mentality isn’t allowed for the “shortcuts” and trying if less is enough. That’s what’s for example Milo’s are preaching and I believe in that. That doesn’t mean I don’t believe in science, or make my athletes pin as much and pounding them with volume, intensity “no breaks” mentality and 700g of protein :D. The goal creates the need. The higher you get the more willing to make anything you have to be. This is jus how I see it. Not telling anyone I’m right and everyone is wrong, I respect everyone opinion I’m just allowing myself to not believe in it ;).

I thought it was a great interview Teaman.
The main discrepancy is that you are speaking to giants who want to be more giant and John is talking to the TRT guy who wants to be slightly leaner, that’s all. Those are very diff audience. John might believe in every protocol you say, but its not helpful to his financial career to be giving out that info. He makes $$$ off of part-time small guy BBers. Great info tho so thank u for sharing that with us. Lookin forward to more videos in English 🙌🏼

@TeaMan

It seems the European guys push pretty hard/high with the dosages. How is any appetite decrease handled and also the lethargic feeling? Is there a way to mitigate this with digestive enzymes, liver detox supps, antioxidants, etc.

When I've tried pushing things up north of 2g a week my digestion really takes a hit and I have an overall kind of "shitty" feeling.

@TeaMan

It seems the European guys push pretty hard/high with the dosages. How is any appetite decrease handled and also the lethargic feeling? Is there a way to mitigate this with digestive enzymes, liver detox supps, antioxidants, etc.

When I've tried pushing things up north of 2g a week my digestion really takes a hit and I have an overall kind of "shitty" feeling.
Europeans use normal doses, they're just less naive and don't believe in social media shit as much as Americans lol

How do you cope with higher doses? normally - you get used to it over time and on 3g you feel like on trt lol - I write seriously

How do you cope with higher doses? normally - you get used to it over time and on 3g you feel like on trt lol - I write seriously

Luki- from your coaching experience with athletes, how long can this "adjustment period" take? I'm assuming it's pretty individualistic.

Do you find that those that do extended cruises in the 200-300mg a week range have more difficulty adjusting to the higher dose compared to someone who doesn't cruise but fluctuates higher (2-3g+) and lower (1g+) dosages year in year out?

Luki- from your coaching experience with athletes, how long can this "adjustment period" take? I'm assuming it's pretty individualistic.

Do you find that those that do extended cruises in the 200-300mg a week range have more difficulty adjusting to the higher dose compared to someone who doesn't cruise but fluctuates higher (2-3g+) and lower (1g+) dosages year in year out?
I will be 100% honest as always...

I personally don't know a single person who is a serious bodybuilder at a high level and does "crusie" on 200-300mg - such a minimum is 500mg test plus a little (5iu gh) and that's what older bodybuilders over 40 who are not developing anymore do - when it comes to someone who wants to develop from year to year, I personally don't know anyone who goes down with doses so low - and to be honest, practically no one does "crusie" but changes compounds from toxic to more neutral for health

I know most won't accept the truth anyway in the false hope of progress without "real" doses lol

@TeaMan

Speaking from experience with European vs. US coaches the difference is > US guys from who the hell knows what reasons still believe that eating shit at least once a week or in some cases once or several times a day due the “huge calories amounts some individuals needs” is the key, and guess what? It’s not. It’s just lack of effort and taking the easy or “balance” approach. There’s no such a thing that “balance” in bodybuilding, you either love it or needs a break from time to time which means you don’t seriously love it. If you eat clean year around, doing your cardio, steps and keeps hydrated YEAR ROUND, not from time to time as you are bodybuilder 365d/y not only in contest prep - then you can lean whatever doses you need and keep your digestion, blood works, and mental health in check. It’s not a skill, it’s effort.

The main discrepancy is that you are speaking to giants who want to be more giant and John is talking to the TRT guy who wants to be slightly leaner, that’s all. Those are very diff audience. John might believe in every protocol you say, but its not helpful to his financial career to be giving out that info. He makes $$$ off of part-time small guy BBers. Great info tho so thank u for sharing that with us. Lookin forward to more videos in English 🙌🏼
Ye, that’s what I even pinpoint at the start of the conversation with John, that we are NOT gonna talk about these kind of people. I think that’s why he was annoyed in some moment as he know he is still referring to the TRT guys, even though my arguments was targeted to the high level athletes. I think we both are have very similar opinions about general bodybuilding approaches (despite the fact he like to count the macros different etc which are minor and not so important stuff) but he just can’t admitet it so openly as that’s may hinder him in some way. I like his content very much and totally understands and support him, but I just wanna separates one from the other - and that’s important i think as nowadays the line seems to dissolves.

Nope. He's talking to guys with lower risk profile vs. guys with higher risk. That's it.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws