over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Jewett - what he really thinks about "healthy bodybuilding approach"

And the vast majority of them are those TRT guys not wanting to run dangerous heavy cycles. No hardcore competitive BBer is following his advice.
Not sure what TRT guys are doing taking 2-3g of gear, pulsing orals and doing shows. But, I'm just going but Jewett said, not what I think he means. BTW, this is the same type of approach Justin has and he's a coach, not a TRT doctor.

Not sure what TRT guys are doing taking 2-3g of gear, pulsing orals and doing shows. But, I'm just going but Jewett said, not what I think he means. BTW, this is the same type of approach Justin has and he's a coach, not a TRT doctor.
Harris?

John says to take 2-3gs and pulse orals?
No. Maybe u didn’t read my post. I said who John is talking to, his audience. No one like that is listening to him. Again, 99% of his audience is TRT guys who want to feel like bodybuilders by doing the next tick of intense. John’s advice isn’t to take 2-3gs. He has never once told people to do that.

And Justin is my coach, I know what he tells people. There’s a difference between a coaching telling people “what it takes to be huge BBer” and what info he is putting out for the public. John might’ve mentioned that 2-3g is what lots of huge guys are doing, he’s not telling people to do that.

No. Maybe u didn’t read my post. I said who John is talking to, his audience. No one like that is listening to him. Again, 99% of his audience is TRT guys who want to feel like bodybuilders by doing the next tick of intense. John’s advice isn’t to take 2-3gs. He has never once told people to do that.

And Justin is my coach, I know what he tells people. There’s a difference between a coaching telling people “what it takes to be huge BBer” and what info he is putting out for the public. John might’ve mentioned that 2-3g is what lots of huge guys are doing, he’s not telling people to do that.
You can‘t argue w this guy, he’s Dunning Kruger in full effect

Op would definitely be interested in seeing you post a routine...arms/delts or even full. Split...sets... intensifiers....if you use progressive overload or more Milos style...I like your views on training was def good content.
same

Europeans use normal doses, they're just less naive and don't believe in social media shit as much as Americans lol

How do you cope with higher doses? normally - you get used to it over time and on 3g you feel like on trt lol - I write seriously

I noticed within a few years of being on the forums the huge difference in culture when it come to AAS etc. Many could say it's because of the law and that is definitely a big factor but I think the truth is hidden much more in the US. Obviously you have honest people and bullshitters all over the world but I am just speaking generally.

Regardless where someone is from a lot of people who are well known simply don't like telling the truth and downplay their usage. You see it on nearly every podcast the way they talk about AAS and you can see they really care what people think and they don't want to encourage newbies to push doses. I have seen quite a lot of big pro's talk about adrol for example and many of them say they never took more than 50mg ever... do guys really believe they kept it to 1 tab per day their whole career.

More people are starting to be much more open but a lot of them probably only done that because they know it gets more views/attention. A lot of bodybuilders hate talking about drugs because they don't want to lie and they think it takes away from their training/nutrition effort which it doesn't and they are simply needed to attain the physique they have/had. Even the guys who hate talking about drugs are in podcasts about high doses (because it gets more views) but they never disclose anything and they act like it's that 5% of abusers whereas all the guys they know stick to 50mg adrol and 500-750mg test because you don't need anymore to get results. Where I am from everything is completely open and we will openly talk about such subjects anywhere whereas in other places they even hide their usage from their partners.

A coach caters everything to the client. If you are a top national level light heavy to super heavyweight guy and hire John Jewett to prep you then you are a silly rabbit if you think he is writing your AAS as anything remotely under a gram to a gram and a half total as a bare minimum, same with Justin Harris or any other coach and depending on your past usage it could be grams and grams he is just going to want to see your blood work, blood pressure and other markers so you can safely do those dosages within reason.

Why is this so hard to understand? John is prepping some big dudes and they are not on "SAFE" dosages. Now John like any smart coach is not going to want you to push the limits all year long and this is where the safer "harm reduction" cycles come into Plat, that way you can push hard when it comes to prep.

I honestly thought all of the above was common sense???

I don't want to make a new thread for it, but has anyone actually tried the very high masteron approach? John is not exactly a low dose guy; he has Josh Bridgeman on 1300mg/wk masteron along with 350 test and 300 npp. I am wondering if anyone has first hand experience with masteron as their main base compound with lower/moderate test and can share in this thread.

I don't want to make a new thread for it, but has anyone actually tried the very high masteron approach? John is not exactly a low dose guy; he has Josh Bridgeman on 1300mg/wk masteron along with 350 test and 300 npp. I am wondering if anyone has first hand experience with masteron as their main base compound with lower/moderate test and can share in this thread.
high mast/primo yes but only in combination with high test - otherwise you will be flat as a pancake - in my opinion

high mast/primo yes but only in combination with high test - otherwise you will be flat as a pancake - in my opinion
I'm also skeptical about maintaining sex drive with only 350 test on that much masteron. Seems like estro would get annihilated. I'm going to continue running 750-1000mg test with my growing cycles personally but curious if anyone has tried this approach.

Ye, that’s what I even pinpoint at the start of the conversation with John, that we are NOT gonna talk about these kind of people. I think that’s why he was annoyed in some moment as he know he is still referring to the TRT guys, even though my arguments was targeted to the high level athletes. I think we both are have very similar opinions about general bodybuilding approaches (despite the fact he like to count the macros different etc which are minor and not so important stuff) but he just can’t admitet it so openly as that’s may hinder him in some way. I like his content very much and totally understands and support him, but I just wanna separates one from the other - and that’s important i think as nowadays the line seems to dissolves.
Are you concerned at all with your HDL? His HDL is 0.34 or 13 in USA terms (see his log for labs). You said in your log that this was "perfect." I know many don't consider HDL a target now but that is extreme. I'm 53 now, I ran numbers very similar to yours for many years. His LDL-C is 130. I ran 15-30 HDLs w/ 120-130 LDLs. I was 5'8 245 off season never fat at my biggest for reference competing on national level. Also some slight elevation in leukocytes which also suggest a process that promotes atherosclerosis (ask Chat GTP role of leukocytes in atherosclerosis). I got my coronary calcium results this year and I was 900. No other risk factors. No hypertension, no high cholesterol, just low HDL and steroids. No drugs, no smoking. I didn't eat as clean as you but no one did back then really. From what I've learned from my cardiologists and lipidologists, I would get my LDL-C to less than 70 or 50 (1.2-1.8 EU) even better with medication (a statin and ezetimibe) if you are going to run an HDL of 13 and think that that is "perfect." I wish we would known this back in the day, I wouldn't be in this situation perhaps. I hate to see another person go through this if they can mitigate it with cheap medication. I have no family history, everyone in my family dies late 90s. Others may not be so lucky as we have seen. There is not really much you can do for HDL when chasing the bodybuilding dream, but if you reduce LDL-C and ApoB low enough then your ridiculously low HDL imparts less risk. Take it for what it's worth. But if you continue this don't be surprised like my dumb ass was when you find out you have severe cardiovascular disease at 50. Though completely without symptoms, my greatest blockage was 40% on cath. But still a walking time bomb on tons of meds now.

Are you concerned at all with your HDL? His HDL is 0.34 or 13 in USA terms (see his log for labs). You said in your log that this was "perfect." I know many don't consider HDL a target now but that is extreme. I'm 53 now, I ran numbers very similar to yours for many years. His LDL-C is 130. I ran 15-30 HDLs w/ 120-130 LDLs. I was 5'8 245 off season never fat at my biggest for reference competing on national level. Also some slight elevation in leukocytes which also suggest a process that promotes atherosclerosis (ask Chat GTP role of leukocytes in atherosclerosis). I got my coronary calcium results this year and I was 900. No other risk factors. No hypertension, no high cholesterol, just low HDL and steroids. No drugs, no smoking. I didn't eat as clean as you but no one did back then really. From what I've learned from my cardiologists and lipidologists, I would get my LDL-C to less than 70 or 50 (1.2-1.8 EU) even better with medication (a statin and ezetimibe) if you are going to run an HDL of 13 and think that that is "perfect." I wish we would known this back in the day, I wouldn't be in this situation perhaps. I hate to see another person go through this if they can mitigate it with cheap medication. I have no family history, everyone in my family dies late 90s. Others may not be so lucky as we have seen. There is not really much you can do for HDL when chasing the bodybuilding dream, but if you reduce LDL-C and ApoB low enough then your ridiculously low HDL imparts less risk. Take it for what it's worth. But if you continue this don't be surprised like my dumb ass was when you find out you have severe cardiovascular disease at 50. Though completely without symptoms, my greatest blockage was 40% on cath. But still a walking time bomb on tons of meds now.
I wouldn't look at HDL alone, it's the total ratio of LDL, HDL, total cholesterol and triglycerides that matters

HDL cholesterol 30.30 mg/dL ≥40.00 •
non-HDL cholesterol 71.34 mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 56.19 mg/dl
Triglycerides 60.26 mg/dl

I wouldn't look at HDL alone, it's the total ratio of LDL, HDL, total cholesterol and triglycerides that matters

HDL cholesterol 30.30 mg/dL ≥40.00 •
non-HDL cholesterol 71.34 mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 56.19 mg/dl
Triglycerides 60.26 mg/dl
Precisely what I did and ended up with a CAC of 900.

you can't do bodybuilding and be healthy - something at the expense of something
Sure you can. If you don't ignore your health you can mitigate the harm from pushing growth and development.

Can you give us a little more background beyond "I ran numbers very similar to yours for many years" on how you ended up with a CAC of 900?

Things such as:
-age when starting gear?
-age when you had issues/events?
-cycling or no cycling?
-cycle dosages?
-year round cardio in play?
-amount & duration of oral usage?
-stimulant usage?
-average LDL during those years when you had HDL in the teens?
-a little more detail on diet. Any DHA/EPA supplementation?
-GH usuage?
-Trigs?
-Average fasted glucose and/or A1c?
-any stress echos to check EF and LVH?

I think this information would be helpful/interesting for members.

Thanks

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner