over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

People eat too much protein

I found what works best for me is actual REAL discipline with TIMING and the synthetic compounds I'm on vs the type of protein I consume.
Real animal protein, whole eggs, chicken, fish, beef and truly, truly, truly timing it. Not large portions but consistency ALL day with and improved environment of protein synthesis.. Its all about nutrition partitioning and shuttling the nutrients.. MY body loves var and nandrolone, long as I feed my body, and feed these drugs, I grow.

It solely depends on whether they gain bodyfat easy or not....

Natural 1 as the baseline and its adjusted on circumstance and individual from there
enhanced 1.5 as the baseline and its adjusted on circumstance and individual from there
Dante,

In your opinion, how much protein per pound of body weight should a natural bodybuilder aim for versus an enhanced bodybuilder for maximal growth?

depends solely on if they gain bodyfat easily...... but

1 gram per pound natural IMO should be the baseline and adjusted to the individual
1.5 grams per pound enhanced IMO should be the baseline and adjusted to the individual

I think we need a clear definition of what low and high means. For example, Stan Efferding and Patrick tuor have their athletes on 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight or a little less. I know Stan has even suggested .8g of protein per pound. They also believe in high carbs. Justin Harris will use much less than 1g of protein per pound on high carb days and well over 1g protein on low/med carb days. Guys like Dante and Chad believe in well over 1g per pound.

All of these guys have had great success with many athletes of all levels.

I just saw a post yesterday by Patrick Tuor regarding Lian and he was at 400 grams of protein a day.

^^Exactly. I believe Justin Thomas just posted his diet and it was 550g protein and like 300g carbs...

This is my first off season where i've actually forced fed and was 'uncomfortable' getting all my meals in...I'm also up 45 lbs sitting at 260 with abs and just started actually 'dieting'.

Hey DC....have you been putting extra caffeine in your protein shakes lately?:coffee:🤪

Its just that one of my biggest pet peeves I have over the last 30 years is seeing pro's and others totally forgetting what they did to get where they are and only championing what they do "NOW" ..... Do you know what is awesome? Being at a point of great muscle mass that you can eat a certain comfortable way, and train a certain comfortable way....its awesome, reaping your rewards for years of hard work and not having to go to the well and back anymore. The problem is thats not how they accomplished getting to that great size in muscle mass. I have yet in my lifetime seen a beginning lifter lets say around a starting point of 160lb at less than 10% bodyfat.....and staying at 10% or less all the way thru the journey...end up at 260lbs plus still at less than 10%. Never seen it done or even remotely close to being done. Cant think of one person and ive been around for a long long time who even got close to doing that. Virtually every large bodybuilder i know ate their way up to superheavyweight status. And that journey involved alot of protein grams. I just cannot stand the amnesia I see with older bodybuilders....I get it, you like to stay a certain bodyfat percentage year round now, more power to you.....but we both know what you did food/training/drug wise to go from that starting 160 to 260lbs of muscle mass...and it sure as hell wasnt 50 calories over maintenance.

Its just that one of my biggest pet peeves I have over the last 30 years is seeing pro's and others totally forgetting what they did to get where they are and only championing what they do "NOW" ..... Do you know what is awesome? Being at a point of great muscle mass that you can eat a certain comfortable way, and train a certain comfortable way....its awesome, reaping your rewards for years of hard work and not having to go to the well and back anymore. The problem is thats not how they accomplished getting to that great size in muscle mass. I have yet in my lifetime seen a beginning lifter lets say around a starting point of 160lb at less than 10% bodyfat.....and staying at 10% or less all the way thru the journey...end up at 260lbs plus still at less than 10%. Never seen it done or even remotely close to being done. Cant think of one person and ive been around for a long long time who even got close to doing that. Virtually every large bodybuilder i know ate their way up to superheavyweight status. And that journey involved alot of protein grams. I just cannot stand the amnesia I see with older bodybuilders....I get it, you like to stay a certain bodyfat percentage year round now, more power to you.....but we both know what you did food/training/drug wise to go from that starting 160 to 260lbs of muscle mass...and it sure as hell wasnt 50 calories over maintenance.

I could care less about getting big at 60. I rather be lean. That being said, if I didn't take in at least 250-300 G of Protein, I would lose muscle trying to get leaner. I simply drop carbs and a few fats. Protein never gets dropped.

Moderate protein is all that's required. Consistency for sure but no needs for 400-500g protein.

The key is high Gh and slin to shuttle nutrients. These two drugs are the sole reason for the 250, 5'8 stage monsters now compared to 225-230 back in the 80's

Dante, Patrick did an interview with Fouad last week killing the idea of eating high protein. He gave multiple reasons of why he thought it was useless and why driving carbohydrates was much better for muscle growth. I guess he makes exceptions with certain clients.

I think we need a clear definition of what low and high means. For example, Stan Efferding and Patrick tuor have their athletes on 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight or a little less. I know Stan has even suggested .8g of protein per pound. They also believe in high carbs. Justin Harris will use much less than 1g of protein per pound on high carb days and well over 1g protein on low/med carb days. Guys like Dante and Chad believe in well over 1g per pound.

All of these guys have had great success with many athletes of all levels.
I was always increasing my carbs geting closer to contest because the extra cardio and intensity of my training. During this Corona I workout 2 times day, (at home) I did bump up my protein to little over 400g, carbs 200g only, no cardio, just walking my dog 2 time day.

I never get full from protein …. I can eat a ponud of chicken and if I don't have a good amount of carbs with it im starving 30 minutes later its weird... on the other hand if I eat a big dish of pasta im full for hours. what do you guys make of that?

Moderate protein is all that's required. Consistency for sure but no needs for 400-500g protein.

The key is high Gh and slin to shuttle nutrients. These two drugs are the sole reason for the 250, 5'8 stage monsters now compared to 225-230 back in the 80's

How did so many people get triggered by statements from this guy again????

I never get full from protein …. I can eat a ponud of chicken and if I don't have a good amount of carbs with it im starving 30 minutes later its weird... on the other hand if I eat a big dish of pasta im full for hours. what do you guys make of that?
I think carbs make your stomach feel fuller because of the strong osmotic effect, how they pull in water. Meat doesn't really do that.

Only a pound? J/k lol. I'm the same way. I can absolutely inhale meats without even realizing it. At family bbq's I need to watch it or I'll eat a few pounds of different meats just snacking all day.

My protein intake can be 500g easily just from how much meat I eat for satiety lol. I wish meat kept me fuller. Veggies keep me full, of course, but I also bloat more with them.

From P. Tuor instagram account :
@charlyrodriguez_ifbbpro spent the hole month of May going through a recovery and « detox » nutrition.
-120g protein/day
-600g carbs/day
-60g fat/day
-lower volume/frequency training
-low intensity cardio every day
Lost 5lbs bodyweight (water weight,mostly do to lower glycogen reserves). If you’ve build real muscle tissue before the recovery and stayed lean,you won’t loose tissue and even only 4 weeks will do a lot of good and put your body in a more responsive state, ready to take another big step forward.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 120
From P. Tuor instagram account :
@charlyrodriguez_ifbbpro spent the hole month of May going through a recovery and « detox » nutrition.
-120g protein/day
-600g carbs/day
-60g fat/day
-lower volume/frequency training
-low intensity cardio every day
Lost 5lbs bodyweight (water weight,mostly do to lower glycogen reserves). If you’ve build real muscle tissue before the recovery and stayed lean,you won’t loose tissue and even only 4 weeks will do a lot of good and put your body in a more responsive state, ready to take another big step forward.

Tuor is a large believer in sacroplasmic hypertrophy which you'll hear me called volumizing training, nothing can and will pack on more size in the short term while accounting for glycogen super compensation. As you stated though for this style of development to be ideal you need pretty solid myofibrillar development. The beauty about AAS is you can just jack up the dose and let the AAS and gear build the myofibrillars and let diet and training take care of the sacroplasm. But, the key word is short term here. I'm sure you already know this. I only say it that there is some people that can make incredible progress without constantly feeding the amino pool, but in general most of the population in physical development is built off high protein and a more balanced nutrient spectrum.

One of the best nutrition coaches in all of strength and bb, Justin Harris (who has a PhD in this) on protein metabolism impact on development.

Talk on protein intake equating to muscle growth at 10:40 mark

I'm the same way , it takes very little carbs to fill me up. I don't know if it's because my body just doesn't digest them well or what. I do know that the type of carbs also make a huge difference. If I eat rice or oats or most processed carbs I'm full for hrs and get gas so when I do eat carbs I stick to fruit and potatoes. Along with just dextrose in my intra and post shake.
I could probably eat a pound of fish or ground turkey each meal 5-6 times a day and never be uncomfortable full. If I eat a cup of brown rice or oats I'm full and bloated for hrs.
I wish I could get away with eating much more carbs as they taste amazing and are generally WAY cheaper.

One of the best nutrition coaches in all of strength and bb, Justin Harris (who has a PhD in this) on protein metabolism impact on development.

Talk on protein intake equating to muscle growth at 10:40 mark

Actually his PHD is in Atomic Physics. I've known Justin for a long long time and took Kuclo and him thru the paces back in the 2000's

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131