over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

the other ronnie

E

edge250

how the hell does he not make the top 15???? to me this is the best physique on the stage.

Attachments

• rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 474

Attachments

• rrrrr.jpg
    rrrrr.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 444
My guess is until you get a name you get the shaft? There are so many athletes who look good it's hard to place(impossible) them all in the top percentile.

MORE MASS! I know you've got to be like "what the hell!" but these people want mass monsters. In comparison he is relatively smaller than RC, Jay, Dennis James, and Dexter just has a name like previously mentioned. I agree with you he does look great though and even better than some of the top competitors. However, when it all comes down to it they want a freak and thats what they get.

i agree, its just when you get a freak you normally get the big gut along with it. adding size in the expense of shape and symmetry is not bodybuilding or atleast what bodybuilding used to be.

Edge, I agree this cat looks sharp. I think if he doesn't let the politics steer him away from competing, he will definitely be in the top 5 in a year or two.

WR66215 said:
MORE MASS! I know you've got to be like "what the hell!" but these people want mass monsters. In comparison he is relatively smaller than RC, Jay, Dennis James, and Dexter just has a name like previously mentioned. I agree with you he does look great though and even better than some of the top competitors. However, when it all comes down to it they want a freak and thats what they get.
Bump this..........

who is that?

he looks amazing... in a non-homo kinda way :p

I like his physique too, and agree that the more "aesthetic" guys look better, but Rockel was a tad soft from behind (still should have placed higher, but it is what it is):

Attachments

• RH9K3109.jpg
    RH9K3109.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 355
I agree he should have placed higher and David Henry should have as well......they were overlooked IMO...

The name of the game it seems for the past 10 years or so is mass monsters that the media can use to help attract "general public" to the sport. Doesn't it make sense that the public are going to want to look at mass monsters with awe that are not really into the sport; and, of course, the MASS really helps in selling the mags and videos associated with the sport (especially Weider's). It is kind of sad since this athlete is tremendous, but I don't see the trend changing any time soon. Like we say in Texas, the bigger the better :)

MikeHeavypecs
NPC/IFBB Judge

Im glad you brought this up. His physique IMO is what bodybuilding is about. Yes he could have been tighter from the back but come on....once he solves this I see no reason why he shouldn't place MUCH higher.

I would like to see him compared to Dex just to see how he looks up against a top notch "smaller" guy. I think this would help put his physique in more perspective.

Thats so weird me and my girl while wacthing the O were like who the hell is that guy he looks awesome , i had to look hard and then realized it was Ronnie Rockel, the dude looks great and always comes in hard , I think maybe theres a problem between him and the industry it doesnt make sense especially when guys like Darrem, Melvin, Mark Dugdale, David Henry ect all not mass monsters yet placing higher then this guy:confused: just doesnt make sense.

mikeheavypecs said:
The name of the game it seems for the past 10 years or so is mass monsters that the media can use to help attract "general public" to the sport. Doesn't it make sense that the public are going to want to look at mass monsters with awe that are not really into the sport; and, of course, the MASS really helps in selling the mags and videos associated with the sport (especially Weider's). It is kind of sad since this athlete is tremendous, but I don't see the trend changing any time soon. Like we say in Texas, the bigger the better :)

MikeHeavypecs
NPC/IFBB Judge

Agreed, thats why a guy like Branch W. will be able to make a better living as a pro than guys that may place higher than him, he's a freak and thats great for guest posing and endorsments.

!berserker said:
I like his physique too, and agree that the more "aesthetic" guys look better, but Rockel was a tad soft from behind (still should have placed higher, but it is what it is):
Back is definetly a weak point, its not wide or dense enuff, hams look good could be tighter but still he deserves better then 15:confused: .

I agree...he does look good but needs a bit more mass. And maybe the judges place some people better if they feel theyve been around longer and "payed their dues"? Who knows

mainevent said:
Im glad you brought this up. His physique IMO is what bodybuilding is about. Yes he could have been tighter from the back but come on....once he solves this I see no reason why he shouldn't place MUCH higher.

I would like to see him compared to Dex just to see how he looks up against a top notch "smaller" guy. I think this would help put his physique in more perspective.

dex has glutes on him, I know that...but doesn't really beat him by much in other areas.....4th place vs. no place?

BW

Vander_V said:
Back is definetly a weak point, its not wide or dense enuff, hams look good could be tighter but still he deserves better then 15:confused: .

I disagree here on the thickness of his back. I think the lack of detail and width do stand out as a weakness though.

Can one of you computer savy guys put up side-by-side comparisons of Rockel and Dex?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws