advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbing up - water, sodium, and carb manipulation - too full or slightly flat?

Here we go...the first pic is the Friday evening before I began the actual carb load (Note- I cut water as several hours before I began carb up). The second pic is the morning before prejudging as I still carb loaded (still no water). The third pic is the morning after the competition (plenty assortments of food from Friday night carb up till eating after the show).

Also, I will post more competition pics when I get time and how I got there. I am no pro or expert...shit I am just a middle weight trying to get better from this point on, just trusting my body to do its job and if it didn't I would learn from that point on. I felt good about the carb up...if you want me to describe what I ate that evening and from that point on, I can post that too. But here are the pics I mention from above....just a point of reference. Hope this helps, if you want more detail...I can do so.

Congrats to you Lenny, you look awesome!!! :)

A voice of reason.....these guys have no idea what it takes to step on a pro stage and be SPOT ON......you just cant do that and look good...these guys need to see pics of what you did to get your wife in shape.....you train Pros.....you and I know whats up.........its just humorous to see all these people talking about all of this crazy stuff..........amazing.

Here you go Phil. A couple from the night before the prejudging. I think she weighed around 111 in these pics. I'll see if I can dig a couple more up. I think I have a front and back from the prejudging.

Attachments

• heidifront.jpg
    heidifront.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 371
  • heidiside.jpg
    heidiside.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 380
I love the saying if it aint broke dont try to fix it.
yah I dont really understand it. had a friend do a show and had to play catch up because he was behind. he weighed in at 168 and still had fat on him and he compesated by taking a ton of diretics. he got 3rd. 3 weeks later he wasnt playing catch up and weighed in at 177 and won the novice overall.

I think the moral of the story is to just get shredded and dont try anything drastic. If you have to do a ton of manipulation your just incareasing your chances for looking worse.

my last show I acutally had to overdiet to make weight. I actually drank about a gallon of water the day of the show, which I was drinking 4 gallons a day. opted to not take any diuretics because I just dont hold much water and I won. yah I could have looked a tad better if I had not been trying to make weight but overall I didnt change anything, just lowered water and ate carbs after weighing in on friday night.

you very rarely see guys who do all the little manipulation tricks and nail it and win and consistantly WIN. In my local area there is a guy who does a ton of manipulating and ONE show 3 years ago he nailed it and WON the overall. since then he has looked worse and worse every show. He just got lucky that one time but the sad part is that if he would have not done all that crap he would have placed alot better in his following shows. He always looks good a week out and then he gets on stage and WTF happened?

Im suprised that Skip hasnt gotten on here yet and put his 2 cent in yet...

I have been out of town for a show and on vacation and I don't get over here much for reasons I would rather not get into. I will say this: I get tired of people claiming that a way of loading whether it be shitloading or Skiploading or whatever, doesn't work or is a gamble. Those same people work with a certain pro that NEVER peaks so, really, I have to ask: what do I really have to answer to when someone like that doesn't agree??? You don't have to be a pro and step on stage ripped to shreds to understand what it takes to put someone on stage ripped to shreds. I stand on stage ripped to shreds and I am not a pro so does that mean I don't know what I am doing?? There are pros on this board that no one even knows about or even knows are pros outside of this board. What does THAT say about knowing how to condition people??

I just get tired of it all, really. I have one of the most solid reputations for putting guys on stage out there so I really don't have much to say, I guess.

I am going to go now because I did finally show up on stage looking flat for the first time ever about a week ago. I didn't Skipload - I went against my better judgement and it was a bad idea. Even I live and learn. : )

Skip

I could tell you things that a Mr. Olympia (several times over) does and recommends the last couple weeks before a show and it would surprise most of you. Did it work for him? Hell yes. Would it work for the rest of the normal population? Not terribly well, no. lol

Skip

so, you have a big super who has shitloaded everyweekend of his prep and is extremely lean. Now you want him to just increase carbs, but he is now just a few days out and feeling flat, cold and not nearly as vascular as usuall. Should he keep the current routine, or go back to shitloading for that final day?

so, you have a big super who has shitloaded everyweekend of his prep and is extremely lean. Now you want him to just increase carbs, but he is now just a few days out and feeling flat, cold and not nearly as vascular as usuall. Should he keep the current routine, or go back to shitloading for that final day?
something that needs to be practiced a few weeks out. how has he responded every weekend?

I could tell you things that a Mr. Olympia (several times over) does and recommends the last couple weeks before a show and it would surprise most of you. Did it work for him? Hell yes. Would it work for the rest of the normal population? Not terribly well, no. lol

Skip

I'm all ears....it's interesting regardless if it wouldn't work for most. :D

I am already lean. I look better fuller. My plan this year is to carb down, water down. Then actually add water and carb up the last day, so I look fuller and vascular. I doubt this will work for anyone else but me.

Although I did not diet this guy down for his show he consulted me the last 10 days about water and some other things. Keep in mind that he was taking in a lot of sodium with each meal in these pics so he is holding some water here. He dieted down on zero carbs with a one day cheat very similar to what I did with my clients. As you can see he is very full and vascular. He kept his carbs zero all the up to the show and never cut his water and used no diuretics.

Like I said before, there is more than one way to prep for a show. Find what works best for you and stick to it. :)

Attachments

• danab.jpg
    danab.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 458
  • danlegs.jpg
    danlegs.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 447
BTW, even though I do not like shitloading or what ever you call it, Skip seems to have pretty good success with his Skiploading method and you can't argue with success. i wasn't reffering to his method in earlier posts, I actually don't even know how he does it, but I imagine that there are certain techniques that he employs. Just wanted to clarify. :)

BTW, even though I do not like shitloading or what ever you call it, Skip seems to have pretty good success with his Skiploading method and you can't argue with success. i wasn't reffering to his method in earlier posts, I actually don't even know how he does it, but I imagine that there are certain techniques that he employs. Just wanted to clarify. :)
he was just as good IMO with shitloading as was zilla ;)

Who's Zilla?
LOL you gotta go way back to remember that cat... he pretty much perfected the original shitloading and skip took it from there. I use to search his post like crazy back in the day, smart guy!!!!

Although I did not diet this guy down for his show he consulted me the last 10 days about water and some other things. Keep in mind that he was taking in a lot of sodium with each meal in these pics so he is holding some water here. He dieted down on zero carbs with a one day cheat very similar to what I did with my clients. As you can see he is very full and vascular. He kept his carbs zero all the up to the show and never cut his water and used no diuretics.

Like I said before, there is more than one way to prep for a show. Find what works best for you and stick to it. :)

wow that dude is shredded.

Good job to both of you.

I really think there is something behind carbing up when lean enough (I think you must be to a point) and cutting water, then reintroducing water (in my case I mixed Magnum's Plazmosis with water) 45 minutes before hitting the stage. That was the first time I put water back in me. I felt as time went my body was getting hotter and hotter, then getting harder and harder! But, again I stay depleted till Friday evening, then began the process...it was not crazy, but trust me I had plenty of carbs for all of us...just chose to stick with low fat choices plenty of them, with the exception of a huge meal around 1am of pancakes and a huge steak omelette with hash browns. I felt good about it and frankly I figured if I am lean enough my body can handle it for 24-36 hours. It was cutting the water that worried me, but I went ahead and stuck it out till Plazmosis time!

No expert, just experimented with it RELOAD meal and some refeeds here and there and it just seemed safe to me. Like I said if it didn't work I would just take it with a grain salt and learn from it. And again I am not a pro, just a dude who is bodybuilding because I like the challenge of competition and getting better!

Would I carb again like this...well of course, but I hope to have even more muscle next time around! I posted some pics in this thread from the point of depletion till the morning of the show and day after the show...not perfect, but I will felt alright about it.

I actully helped a buddy out this past month and we went with the skiploading (or shitloading method)_ it worked extremly well and he was pretty damn full looking for the show...Better at night, but we all live and learn so now we know for the next time

chris

Oh BTW this is a great thread and there is alot to learn from it

something that needs to be practiced a few weeks out. how has he responded every weekend?

At 10 days out he took in pasta with marinara, sushi, 6 pb&j (nat pb, ezekial break), steak and sweet pot with butter. Only gained three pounds and was tighter.

Also, what about the pre-mixed pb and j? seems like a good way to get the fat of the pb in with enough moisture from the jelly to keep from being miserable trying to get the pb down

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws