over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Social Media is the biggest drug in the world

It's also a generational thing. I do use it and use it a lot because it was launched my freshman year of college so I essentially grew up with it in my adult years. I'm too social to not have it but that's the world we live in. For the "older" crowd who didn't grow up with it, it's a much different story. In my family, even my 82 year old grandma has it, and is always using it! It has many benefits but also many disadvantages, like illustrated in the video. I hate that everyone is always checking their phone all the time, even though I admit I am guilty of it because it's become such a habit, which I am not proud of.

I agree with NH. Facebook was so much better when it was simple. Now that they added linking articles and political articles its now so dumb.

I definitely don't disagree with the guy, but I think the whole argument is ridiculous. There is plenty to criticize when it comes to social media, but the exact same argument is made every generation when new technology emerges.

One of my psych classes studied this in college but the argument dates back to Socrates when he criticized reading and called it the death of intellectual evolution because it'll make people more forgetful because they'll be reliant on the written word.

The same was said about the printing press, the television, computer, etc. This articles goes over it a bit.

A history of media technology scares, from the printing press to Facebook.

I don't like a lot of aspects of social media but the rate of information exchange is constantly getting shorter which I think does more good than bad.

Being someone who learned about gear use from being able to study online and read anecdotal experience from more experienced members of forums such as Pro-muscle helped me so much in approaching usage in a (relatively) safe and effectively way. I can't imagine my stance on things if I only knew about gear from the bros at my local gym and injecting random stuff they had.

What's the "sidebar"

you need to internalize RP truths bro..

she's not yours, it's just your turn.

what does it matter if she's talking to other guys? are you getting what you want from her?

if a woman is giving me sex and at least some affection, i couldnt care less who she is talking to.

I wonder what kind of role instant gratification plays a role in the psyche and neurology of a kid who grows up around this stuff.

Is this why we see so much more anxiety, and depression? Or is it because it's more acceptable to talk about it now?

Is this why people have such a hard time forming long term goals, and achieving them?

Allday made an excellent point about the pros of this social media. Honestly, I would use so much more shit, train far less harder, focus definitely on the wrong stuff if I didn't learn from the experience of guys far wiser, and more experienced than me online.

I wonder what kind of role instant gratification plays a role in the psyche and neurology of a kid who grows up around this stuff.

Is this why we see so much more anxiety, and depression? Or is it because it's more acceptable to talk about it now?

it's a lot of things.. one of which is a generation of men raised by single mothers, subsidized by the US taxpayer

Yep it's all garbage. A place where Narcissism thrives, people bitch and political propaganda pollutes sound reason and logic.

Yep it's all garbage. A place where Narcissism thrives, people bitch and political propaganda pollutes sound reason and logic.

and it provides the perfect platform upon which an echo chamber can be built

to ensure that you never hear a conflicting opinion, and you will begin to think that everyone is a polymorphic, androgynous, sex-positive, hiv-positive, anthro-presenting, gender fluid, sewing machine..

just like you :p

you need to internalize RP truths bro..

she's not yours, it's just your turn.

what does it matter if she's talking to other guys? are you getting what you want from her?

if a woman is giving me sex and at least some affection, i couldnt care less who she is talking to.

Yes but when it's his turn, she shouldn't be communicating with ex's because we all know what happens in those situations, unless there are children involved. He needs to let her know he does not like the idea. Is she doesn't get the clue to cut off the connection then he needs to walk away bc she doesn't value there relationship enough. This is not about insecurity, it's about respect. If the roles were reversed this chick would flipped the fuck out.

If he is Just fucking her, than I 100% agree with what you said above.

Last edited:
Yes but when it's his turn, she shouldn't be communicating with ex's because we all know what happens in those situations, unless there are children involved. He needs to let her know he does not like the idea. Is she doesn't get the clue to cut off the connection then he needs to walk away bc she doesn't value there relationship enough. This is not about insecurity, it's about respect. If the roles were reversed this chick would flipped the fuck out.

If he is Just fucking her, than I 100% agree with what you said above.

trying to exercise any control over a woman's actions demonstrates scarcity.

girlfriend wants to go to bar after work with co-workers:

scenario 1 - typical young guy with scarcity:
1. which bar?
2. with whom?
3. do i know the guys who will be there?
4. when will you be back?
5. can i come?
6. why can't i come?
7. so it's just your work mates?
8. is trevor going?
9. are you driving?
10. i thought you said that you can't stand that guy..
11. i don't feel comfortable with you going now
12. i want to talk about this when you get back

scenario 2 - young guy who has learned abundance:
1. fasho, text me later

when she 'checks in with (on) you', you don't respond but leave the text on 'read'.

when she asks why you didn't reply, you say that you 'were going to but got distracted and forgot'

i know the first example is pretty pathetic, but ive personally witnessed MUCH worse..

it really is that cut and dry

although leaving the text on 'read' and not replying might make you look like you're butthurt..

so you really have to walk a fine line, and act according to the image of yourself that you've created in her mind.

Social media can be useful for letting people know what different or unusual thing you have done. I find it to be an interesting area to garner information sometimes. But for much of it it seems to be a desperate plea for attention and to feel like the individual is different or special. And many people use it to interact on a level that they are uncomfortable to do in real life. Interaction in real time seems to have gone down hill in my opinion.

He's 100% right and anyone on social media with a set of eyes can see this. Facebook was GREAT in its initial stages when it was just pictures, a profile, and a status update. Once it turned into a platform where the entire population can interact over public articles and comments, is when it went south. Instagram is in the same boat. In the bodybuilding world, there is so much hate and confrontation being spewed as a result.

The problem is you HAVE to have social media to be a normal person in society today. I would NEVER delete my accounts because I would feel so disconnected from the world. It's become the top source of news and personal interactions. If someone is having a party, forget about hearing about it if you're not on facebook because you won't receive the invite on there.

It has created an epidemic of depression and confrontation between people. It has widened the political divide, and given every no name idiot a public opinion.

You can go out on a date with someone and have a great time together. Then if they see your social media after, they could find one or two pictures they don't like and you will never hear from them again. It's horrible in that aspect.

That being said, I use it properly so that it benefits me, but there are so many downsides. Simply not having it is not the answer for most people though. We have to adapt to the world.

It's also a generational thing. I do use it and use it a lot because it was launched my freshman year of college so I essentially grew up with it in my adult years. I'm too social to not have it but that's the world we live in. For the "older" crowd who didn't grow up with it, it's a much different story. In my family, even my 82 year old grandma has it, and is always using it! It has many benefits but also many disadvantages, like illustrated in the video. I hate that everyone is always checking their phone all the time, even though I admit I am guilty of it because it's become such a habit, which I am not proud of.

I couldn't have stated it better myself. This is exactly how I feel about the subject in every sense. There are always exceptions but it is a very generational thing. Me and NH were born around the same time so social media is imprinted. I had a MySpace when I was young and then all the others came along. For many it has taken over their lives and like with anything there should be balance. But 100% in today's world social media can be used to your advantage.

Everyone can do what they want and you don't need social media and I understand why some are almost proud to not be apart of it. But for many especially those in own a business social media could make a massive difference to your success. From personal training to hairdressing it is a useful tool. People stuck in the past (nothing wrong with that) are only limiting themselves as today's world is much different to 40 years ago.

Forgetting business it's just a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. I am 2 clicks away from chatting to friends all over the globe and that is only a good thing. I should add though I barely use my mobile and very rarely take it out with me. If I go the gym it's left at home so I am not your typical social media user. I tend to use it when relaxing in bed when I first wake up or before I go to bed.

With all the technological advancements we have seen over the years the human race are no better off in the sense of happiness. Social media has an habit of bringing out the worst in people. We already knew how flawed the human race can be but you really do lose faith in the generation ahead when reading their views of various topics. Forgetting the obvious subjects (politics etc) the bodybuilding vids are filled with the most hate. You really lose faith reading any bodybuilding video comments section on you-tube or facebook :eek:

Don't do the regular social media. I visit this and 2 other work out boards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Same

Sent from The Iron Pile

trying to exercise any control over a woman's actions demonstrates scarcity.

girlfriend wants to go to bar after work with co-workers:

scenario 1 - typical young guy with scarcity:
1. which bar?
2. with whom?
3. do i know the guys who will be there?
4. when will you be back?
5. can i come?
6. why can't i come?
7. so it's just your work mates?
8. is trevor going?
9. are you driving?
10. i thought you said that you can't stand that guy..
11. i don't feel comfortable with you going now
12. i want to talk about this when you get back

scenario 2 - young guy who has learned abundance:
1. fasho, text me later

when she 'checks in with (on) you', you don't respond but leave the text on 'read'.

when she asks why you didn't reply, you say that you 'were going to but got distracted and forgot'

i know the first example is pretty pathetic, but ive personally witnessed MUCH worse..

it really is that cut and dry

Great point. If you have that carefree attitude from the get go it's unlikely your girl will seek validation from others and focus more energy on getting your attention. So yeah definitely agree don't serve your balls on a silver platter to any women.

So to that guy who's girl is seeking validation from her ex's needs to question where he went wrong and fix it, unless she is just a shitty women and just needs to be pumped and dumped anyway.

although leaving the text on 'read' and not replying might make you look like you're butthurt..

so you really have to walk a fine line, and act according to the image of yourself that you've created in her mind.

Buy an android lol. Another reason why Apple sucks.

Or really don't give a shit and know that you don't need a woman in your life to be happy. Don't get me wrong....I am married...but found out a long time ago that I can be happy all by myself.

Call it cold...but I see it as a partnership with each party getting what they put in and need out of it.

Is this why people have such a hard time forming long term goals, and achieving them?

Allday made an excellent point about the pros of this social media. Honestly, I would use so much more shit, train far less harder, focus definitely on the wrong stuff if I didn't learn from the experience of guys far wiser, and more experienced than me online.

I have often wondered this myself when it comes to "Gaming". My nephews have grown up with a gaming system in every room of their house and I can't tell you the amount of hours that have been wasted sitting in front of that thing.

My own brother who is 40 does the same thing.

I have often wondered this myself when it comes to "Gaming". My nephews have grown up with a gaming system in every room of their house and I can't tell you the amount of hours that have been wasted sitting in front of that thing.

My own brother who is 40 does the same thing.

My brother is the same (he is 32 soon) He does have learning difficulties but so many "normal" adults do the same as him. He just sits in his room and plays the computer. He does work and hard but any time he isn't working he games. On off days I would say 15+ hours per day. He doesn't sleep and plays games all night.

If it makes them happy then great but it is a waste in many ways. These young gamers tend to be very socially awkward and unable to communicate effectively. Their attention span is minute for anything other than gaming. My brother would make for a great case study though as he plays very complex games and he can't even read most of what is shown. He will spend hours solving a problem on a game but he can barely hold a conversation with you in "real life". My brother is funny because on his xbox he shouts with my cousin and is really loud and basically never shuts up. But I guarantee when we all meet up at Xmas they will both be sat there and barely say a word to one another for hours.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear