advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Clean eating: what is it really and where's the science?

anything made by human nature would be considered "clean" IMO........same thing you guys said already.

but i do agree that even if you combine the macros it still doesnt mean white bread is healthier than fruit, or vice versa........however, if you have digestion problems through your GI tract..........fruit would be the wiser choice.

as far as sandwiches go, when did they become bodybuilding foods? i think somewhere along the way some lazy ass made that assumption since subway came out with jared losing all that weight on a fad diet.

just my .02

anything made by human nature would be considered "clean" IMO........same thing you guys said already.

but i do agree that even if you combine the macros it still doesnt mean white bread is healthier than fruit, or vice versa........however, if you have digestion problems through your GI tract..........fruit would be the wiser choice.

as far as sandwiches go, when did they become bodybuilding foods? i think somewhere along the way some lazy ass made that assumption since subway came out with jared losing all that weight on a fad diet.

just my .02

Vegetable fats are not the same as animal fats, and plant protein is not the same as animal protein. Carbohydrates (saccharides) are divided into four chemical groupings: monosaccharides, disaccharides, oligosaccharides, and polysaccharides.

Even if it's from "nature", there is still enormous variation.

Let's REDEFINE the meaning of "CLEAN"..

For a bodybuilder, the single-most important macronutrient is PROTEIN. Amino acids are used to repair and build new muscle tissue. Carbohydrates are for ENERGY, and fats are for funtion(and energy). Therefore, a CLEAN DIET would be one that provides these macronutients in order of IMPORTANCE;

60% Protein, 30% Carbs, 10% fats

Or

60% Protein, 20% carbs, 20% fats

We've also discussed the DIFFERENCE between GOOD FATS and BAD FATS, PLANT protein and ANIMAL protein, high-glycemic carbs and low-glycemic carbs.

Obviously, this will vary depending on individual genetics and activity level, but it is my opinion that a CLEAN diet is primarly protein, with the remainder of calories being divided between fats and carbs--based on activity level(calorie expidenture).

Ross, we actually agree!!! Dude, I'm THRILLED. :D I'm a calorie/macro guy. I've worked for a couple years to figure out the macro ratio that worked well for me within the constraints of whatever caloric goal I was attempting be it for bulking, cutting or maintaining. I've done 40/40/20, 50/30/20 and 60/20/10. I've tried the eating "clean" drama and no doubt it works but then it occurred to me to try something. I ate the foods that I wanted to eat but within the same strict caloric/macro constraints. Guess what happened? Nothing. I look the same (I'm maintaining now), energy, performance, skin, blood-work... just about every parameter is all the same. The only difference is that I don't despise eating now. BTW, I'm drug/supplement free. This isn't a test/GH/'slin thing.

And to the other guy, there's nothing wrong with me for liking sandwiches. IMO, if you don't like sandwiches, there's something wrong with you. :D Egg sandwiches are the shit, son!

I prefer a 40/20/40 (p/c/f) macro split

Not enough protein for muscle repair, not enough carbs for clean energy, and too many fats. IMO.:lightbulb:

I believe all you need is 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight to make good gains as long as your carbs are high enough

No, it's about QUALITY fats, carbs, and amino acids;

The carbs from WHITE bread are not the same as the carbs from RYE.

The fats from EGGS are not the same as the fat from CRISCO.

The amino acids from grass-fed STEAK are not the same as the amino acids from TACO BELL BEEF.

You have some research to do, my friend..

what he said, 100% spot on

I notice that 60,20,20 works best when I am on a cycle. When I am on cycle I tend to gain fat more rapidly. However I also gain Muscle very rapidly. So when i keep the fats and carbs low I seem to do well in the fat loss department. When i am off cycle I can eat almost anything as long as it is at maintenance calories and I do not see any noticeable changes. BUT on cycle watch out.......

Too Complicated

I like the "Eat Real food, Make sure you take enough Tren!! Plus GH!!"
Now THAT is CLEAN!!!!

All very interesting but

Most of us know that processed food are worse than non processed.

Most of us know that toggling Lean red meat, eegs, chicken and fish is good for getting the amino acids we need.

When it comes to carbs I get a bit confused?

I eat the following:

Oatmeal
white rise
potatoes
sweet potatoes
Virago (carbo powder) (to avoid hypo.. you know why;))

are there any carbsources that would be better?

So many different opinions makes you wonder if anyone knows what they are talking about...lol

Clean to me is finding the least processed foods available and eating a balanced diet that is geared to your nutitional needs at the time.

But then again I' eat like a Neanderthal.

Last edited:
imo clean is a combination of cals, ratio of p/c/f + rate it releases at... a McD's burger + fries is piss poor because you get like 30g of pro for like 700 cals, most fast carbs that are going to fat stores.. but i believe the gi stuff is over hyped especially when combined with other macro nutrients

imo get 2x bodyweight in lbs in grams of pro and go from there, if you cant fill up on slow release carbs, put the evoo in, if you're really desperate go the fast food route

and arguing about ratios is fking dumb.. it depends who it is!! do a 16 year old, 30 year old ifbb pro and obese 60 yr old have the same needs?

Last edited:
I eat...

a grain of rice every day. I have been on this steady diet for about 5 years, and I've went from 190 lbs at 20% bf to about 240lbs 10%bf. This is the best "clean" diet youll ever find.

Stay hungry my friends.

Eating WHITE BREAD, instead of rye or whole wheat, will make a HUGE difference in body composition--over time.

I am the bastard child around here,,I eat white bread ,,flour,,etc,,run 100mg tren ,100mg mast ED and no test rt now for 7 weeks blood work is very nice and feel very well,no issues..If i touch anything with grain,,decca,,eq or run over 250mgs of test im history!..lol..241lbs last nt abs are commin in bp 133/40 mid 40's and 5'7" tall..I found out I have glutton allergies and 2 others I know do as well now they are droppin pounds and gettin tight eatin good ole tortillas!

o/t can they call it grass fed if it's grain finished? mother fuckers if whole foods is messing with me.....

Yes they can,and yes they are cheating you ;)
Cows are not meant to eat grain,their digestive systems are made to process grass,hay and silage. ANY grain in the beginning or finishing of the beef is NOT truly grass fed beef,which is some of the healthiest meat to eat. Full of omega-3's,CLA and other nutrients. I get pasture raised grass fed only beef and raw milk,butter and cheese from an Amish farm. There is a difference!

Yes they can,and yes they are cheating you ;)
Cows are not meant to eat grain,their digestive systems are made to process grass,hay and silage. ANY grain in the beginning or finishing of the beef is NOT truly grass fed beef,which is some of the healthiest meat to eat. Full of omega-3's,CLA and other nutrients. I get pasture raised grass fed only beef and raw milk,butter and cheese from an Amish farm. There is a difference!

Hell yeah same here, got a bunch of farms close by. Houston is so big. I go twice a week to get all natural grass fed only beef, raw cow milk, goat milk, butters, keifer, range free whole chickens, chicken eggs, fresh veggies, etc... Just started few months ago and can already tell a big diffence. The farmer says it's getting to be to much work to keep up but the success stories from his customers of so many sickness and diseases, Cancers, etc that have gone away from switching to all naturale. Raw milk has all the Omega 3's and 6's, enzymes and probiotics etc...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws