over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NOW THIS IS CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!

great shape

alex is obviously a well seasoned competitor with outstanding genetics!!! nevertheless, the acne on his back would seem to indicate some type of chemical enhancement to acheive this type of conditioning. just curious what is competition cycle consists of.

i dont see any acne..maybe youre mistaking the graininess for acne.

Well, Bro, My long term goal has never been to work my way up the weight class ladder. It doest seem to work well for most. I can see myself just sacrificing conditiong to be in a higher weight class. I like to stay within 5-7lbs of contest weight mainly to look good, feel good, and make things easier now.

This next year, I might try going a bit heavier and less focus on conditioning. THis past year, I really really focused on condition so I could compete in the same weight class for nationals, If I tried gaining weight and moving up I would be treading in unfamiliar waters at the biggest show of my life.

This coming year, I will keep doing cardio, that is for sure, but I will try to go to some heavier basics and see what happens. I just cant see myself eating like a pig and getting a big belly, "bulking" up. I think I can do it gradual, if not, its not going to happen. Double chins and big guts are not in my future.

My goal is not to be huge. At 5'4" and the structure I have, I am decent in size in the off season. I dont think im huge at all but Im not a small guy either. So Im content. I love competing but its not the only thing in life.

I enjoy the training, the health benefits, feeling good, looking good etc. Its not about just nailing if on that day then its all over.

Pros have a different agenda. My opinion is that they should try to look lean and look like a pro, but if they dont, then Im sure they have a reason for doing so.

My plans are to stick around for years, competing, training, helping others. I currently am helping several guys getting ready for some shows. Its fun for me, because I really get into it and make it worth it for them.

Im very thorough and can help the guy getting ready for a show or someone majorly overweight who wants to get his life back. I used to be pretty fat and lost some major weight and have kept it off, I have a degree in Kinesiology and have proven I can get in shape.

So my plans are to get back into the gym after the show, cardio, diet etc. Keeping my next competition in mind. Some people have contacted me about helping them. I will put my all out into that because they are choosing me to help them and that is an honor to me, my reputation is at stake.

Anyways guys, thanks for taking the time to read this, keep in touch and keep an eye out for me. Thanks Alex A

Hey Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to give me such a complete answer to my question. Your answer is exactly why I asked the question. I think it is important that people understand that not everyone's goals are the same when it comes to BBing. You are doing a fantastic job with your physique and your discipline is obvious. Keep up the great work and enjoy winning your pro card in a few weeks.

Dusty

alex is obviously a well seasoned competitor with outstanding genetics!!! nevertheless, the acne on his back would seem to indicate some type of chemical enhancement to acheive this type of conditioning. just curious what is competition cycle consists of.

Acne??? Where???? By the way even if he did have acne that would not "indicate chemical enhancement causing him to achieve that kind of conditioning." If I am mistaken (which I am not)please explain to me what drug causes extreme conditioning as well as acne.

Dusty,

Yuor posts and replies are growing on me, brother!

Seriously, yuo make great contributions to the board - keep it up, and set the example!

Wow, This is a great board and I dont want to go down the road and get into some major internet brawl.

Is it really appropriate to talk about my acne? Lets focus on whats important here. Not the fact that when I shave my chest and parts of my back that I break out a tiny bit.

some poeple get acne w/o using AAS ... maybe Alex is one of those people ... completing irrelevant question though ...

You look absolutely fantastic. Glad you are here. I , for one, am looking forward to your experiences and knowledge.

Question

Crazy conditioning Alex, the thing that strikes me the most is your narrow waist line, do you actually do any direct ab work and if so what do you do?

Thanks

Alex, how many days a week do you lift and do cardio? (If you don't mind me asking.) :)

Wow, This is a great board and I dont want to go down the road and get into some major internet brawl.

Is it really appropriate to talk about my acne? Lets focus on whats important here. Not the fact that when I shave my chest and parts of my back that I break out a tiny bit.

That idiot only has 3 posts, probably only be around another week or two, don't let the haters bugg ya! He's just trying to look important.

Great conditioning bro! Seems to be a familiar compliment theme huh:p

Im lucky in this sense. I have always worked hard in prepping for a show, my first show I lost 50lbs. and I looked good enough to win my class but I looked like crap compared to now. So

I lost about 50 lbs for my first show to. It was hard work but enjoyable as I was a major fat ass and doing a contest was my motivation to get myself back into shape and working out consistently for that matter...

You are going to do great buddy.....Keep on battling!!!

Last edited:
Hey thanks guys for the good questions. And boy am I glad this is not some hater board.

I train 5 days per week and do cardio six. I actually do ab work all year long, but only about 3 minutes a day, 3 days a week or so. I do some twists with the stick and some crunches and some weighted crunches somtimes. I really hate doing it but feel it necessary to stay tight.

I train for conditioning year round and lift moderate to heavy. Never more than 12 reps though on legs I dont really go higher than 8 reps on squats and 10 reps on leg presses. I like to do my sets fast though and pretty high volume. I like to bang it out, tax the muscle hard, not much rest, just catch my breath and go, then hit the road. I dont like hanging around the gym too much either.

Off season i do cardio after training so the workout is pretty long. Im doing cardio and working out at seperate times now. I like mixing it up though too. Anyways, just ask away.

Hey thanks guys for the good questions. And boy am I glad this is not some hater board.

I train 5 days per week and do cardio six. I actually do ab work all year long, but only about 3 minutes a day, 3 days a week or so. I do some twists with the stick and some crunches and some weighted crunches somtimes. I really hate doing it but feel it necessary to stay tight.

I train for conditioning year round and lift moderate to heavy. Never more than 12 reps though on legs I dont really go higher than 8 reps on squats and 10 reps on leg presses. I like to do my sets fast though and pretty high volume. I like to bang it out, tax the muscle hard, not much rest, just catch my breath and go, then hit the road. I dont like hanging around the gym too much either.

Off season i do cardio after training so the workout is pretty long. Im doing cardio and working out at seperate times now. I like mixing it up though too. Anyways, just ask away.

Dont you feel cardio after training would hinder your muscle growth? Couldnt this also cause a big drop in muscle mass precontest when calories are lower?

I've only ever come accross one person that could achieve that kind of conditioning and that was with heavy speed use. And he was super lean year round too (speed use year round as well). He was a light heavy.

If Alex was able to achieve this kind of conditioning just with traditional methods (diet, cardio, t3, clen, etc) more props to him.

BTW, the fat pic of him doesn't mean that he doesn't have the genetics to get shredded. No matter what genetics you have, you will get fat if you eat junk constantly.

sorry big a, but i have to disagree. i have a friend who eats nothing but crap and lots of it and cannot gain weight and stays very lean. i agrre that you can have great genetics and still get fat, but that is not true of everyone.

Dont you feel cardio after training would hinder your muscle growth? Couldnt this also cause a big drop in muscle mass precontest when calories are lower?

Ive been doing cardio after training this offseason also, and actually feel its not only helping me stay leaner but im heavier than ive been and stronger.

Ive been doing cardio after training this offseason also, and actually feel its not only helping me stay leaner but im heavier than ive been and stronger.

Do not forget the deeper seperation in the quads and hams for sure ..... Dammit!

What do you think thats attributed to?

What do you think thats attributed to?

Overall, it helps keep my appetite up but also i think it helps with keeping my metabolism more functional if that makes any sense. My theory is this......Better blood flow throughout the body= better overall muscle assimilation of nutrients.

At this point i dont do high intensity cardio.....2.8 mph on anywhere from 0-5% incline depending on my mood. Also i tend to put on fat easy, and doing this also allows me to get in a few cheat meals and not feel guilty about it.:D

Overall, it helps keep my appetite up but also i think it helps with keeping my metabolism more functional if that makes any sense. My theory is this......Better blood flow throughout the body= better overall muscle assimilation of nutrients.

At this point i dont do high intensity cardio.....2.8 mph on anywhere from 0-5% incline depending on my mood. Also i tend to put on fat easy, and doing this also allows me to get in a few cheat meals and not feel guilty about it.:D

I have been doing cardio religiously as well in the offseason as well and it has done wonders for me moving weight calsses and putting on size....

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member